13 Apr 2010
Playstation Staff

Something rather amusing, and rediculous.

15 Replies 660 Views Created 13-04-2010

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/The-People-vs-Andrew-House/t...

It starts from about here, and continues.... and continues. This is a thread to ask questions to Andy House, SCEE director. It was always going to end up like this though tbh.

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Something rather amusing, and rediculous.

[ Edited ]

I put some questions forward! :Lol:

Seen your reply and I know but I could not resist a good round of question time. :Lol:

Real name request? Really!? Oh look its the saaaaame!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (645 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Huge lols at that thread. No less than they deserve I say. Wonder if they'll ever get the point?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My problem with everyone asking constantly... like kids do when they are in the car, asking if  "we're nearly there yet" is this.

If Sony haven't taken into account that the GT5 fanbase, or certain parts of the fanbase I should say, is going completely insane over this release, then they've missed out every single gaming site and forum on the face of the planet. They know people are waiting like salivating dogs, and they haven't given up any info that these people are asking for. Because in their minds they know when they'll release info.

So why do these people bother wasting away their time constantly fricken moaning?? I mean come on it's been months, nearly a year since a proper hint on a release date for GT5. If Sony haven't talked until now, then why would they now? They'll say when they want too, (probably E3), so why can't people just calm down and wait.

Both parties are in the wrong imo. Sony are in the wrong for not releasing any meaningful information, and the people who constantly troll every single website constantly bloody moaning about it. Moaning doesn't solve anything. Asking can do... but if people constantly ask and keep on asking it gets silly and annoys everyone else.

Sure ask, but we've asked and asked and asked. Sometimes people need to learn when to shut it... like a kid needs to as well, when they are in that car on that long journey. :smileywink:

PS Sorry for the strong vibe behind that. Just that thread and interview has been set up in good faith to talk about PlayStation as a whole. The hardware, software, new products, different directions for PS... not just one game that half the PS community would like.

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

EVO-Krymzen wrote:

Because in their minds they know when they'll release info.

Yup, "soon". :xEvil:

How many months ago did they first say "soon" or "any time now"?

Things change and some people could care less.

While we realise that things have changed at their end, SONY haven't helped matters by being so completely silent about it. They are obviously waiting until they can be sure it's really the right time, this time, to open up about the release, but this just irks the people who think it is their right to get info.

Looking on the bright side, someone from SONY is asking us about PlayStation. That's a good first step which I hope gets repeated often. That way the fans can calm down after they have gotten everything off their chests and settle down to having normal communications.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MastrGT wrote:

While we realise that things have changed at their end, SONY haven't helped matters by being so completely silent about it. They are obviously waiting until they can be sure it's really the right time, this time, to open up about the release, but this just irks the people who think it is their right to get info.

I completely agree MastrGT. Sony haven't helped the matters by staying silent about it. They have really (very nearly imo) ****ed up the whole thing. So I can understand people's frustration. I am, of course frustrated as well.

Whether it's a right for us to get info... well, that's a debate that could run and run and run, so I won't go there LOL.

I think the problem comes with what would happen if Sony did give out information about GT5... the public would just want more and more?? I don't know, that is probably what would happen... but then again, if Sony gave information from the start, and was honest and didn't go back on things they say a bit too often, then a trust builds up then people wouldn't constantly ask...

Hey it's all screwed from here on in... so the best thing Sony could do from here is get a release date out no later than E3, then release some proper game info there after. What the right thing for Sony to do at this point is anyone's guess if im honest, just because of the one mistake after another that has happened.

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well, Andrew House has answered some questions.  The People vs Andrew House 

"Is Gran Turismo 5 just a myth? (Nukem79, Macasfaj, yankien, NICKY_OM_13)
Absolutely not. It’s looking amazing and will be out soon."

What a surprise.  The word SOON needs to be removed from the English dictionary.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i only read the linked page, but the intent was clear. lots of gamers want gt5. i think its absolutely disgusting that the only news we glean is from somebody who had the good fortune to be at the ring or le mans when the gt5 demo machines were there, taking videos. i also think its strange that another big racing game is due out at the end of the year (tdu2, i'll be getting that, joining/forming a club, who's in?) and we know more about that than sony's biggest ever game! e3 cant get here quick enough.
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm in.TDU was brilliant,I was never off that when I had my XBox.I even had the McLaren LM :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

EVO-Krymzen wrote:

I think the problem comes with what would happen if Sony did give out information about GT5... the public would just want more and more?? I don't know, that is probably what would happen... but then again, if Sony gave information from the start, and was honest and didn't go back on things they say a bit too often, then a trust builds up then people wouldn't constantly ask...

After five years of waiting, I personally feel that PD and Sony should both have coughed up some more information at this point. The release date most of all, but a more specific details about the whole "70 locations" thing (amongst others) wouldn't go amiss.

Given that the current delays are (supposedly) to do with the implementation of PS Move and 3D, two things that, quite frankly, I couldn't give a ***** about (if you want to arse around with nunchucks, buy a Wii. As for 3D - meh. It's cool, but it ain't mainstream enough yet, so it really shouldn't be an issue), the lack of information, a release date and the whole "keeping it under wraps untill E3" is beginning to grate. Even House saying "we'll announce a release date at E3" would have put my grievances to rest, but alas, he did not.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (369 Views)
0 Kudos