Problem Solved

View Original Post
13 Apr 2010
By EVO-Krymzen

EVO-Krymzen

90%
05 Rank
Progress

Something rather amusing, and rediculous.

15 Replies 810 Views Created 13-04-2010
13 Apr 2010
By EVO-Krymzen

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/The-People-vs-Andrew-House/t...

It starts from about here, and continues.... and continues. This is a thread to ask questions to Andy House, SCEE director. It was always going to end up like this though tbh.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jason_Hall

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Jason_Hall
Accepted Solution

I put some questions forward! :Lol:

Seen your reply and I know but I could not resist a good round of question time. :Lol:

0 Kudos

Re: Something rather amusing, and rediculous.

[ Edited ]
Real name request? Using it since 2009

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Huge lols at that thread. No less than they deserve I say. Wonder if they'll ever get the point?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EVO-Krymzen

90%
05 Rank
Progress
EVO-Krymzen
Accepted Solution

My problem with everyone asking constantly... like kids do when they are in the car, asking if  "we're nearly there yet" is this.

If Sony haven't taken into account that the GT5 fanbase, or certain parts of the fanbase I should say, is going completely insane over this release, then they've missed out every single gaming site and forum on the face of the planet. They know people are waiting like salivating dogs, and they haven't given up any info that these people are asking for. Because in their minds they know when they'll release info.

So why do these people bother wasting away their time constantly fricken moaning?? I mean come on it's been months, nearly a year since a proper hint on a release date for GT5. If Sony haven't talked until now, then why would they now? They'll say when they want too, (probably E3), so why can't people just calm down and wait.

Both parties are in the wrong imo. Sony are in the wrong for not releasing any meaningful information, and the people who constantly troll every single website constantly bloody moaning about it. Moaning doesn't solve anything. Asking can do... but if people constantly ask and keep on asking it gets silly and annoys everyone else.

Sure ask, but we've asked and asked and asked. Sometimes people need to learn when to shut it... like a kid needs to as well, when they are in that car on that long journey. ;)

PS Sorry for the strong vibe behind that. Just that thread and interview has been set up in good faith to talk about PlayStation as a whole. The hardware, software, new products, different directions for PS... not just one game that half the PS community would like.

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

EVO-Krymzen wrote:

Because in their minds they know when they'll release info.

Yup, "soon". :xEvil:

How many months ago did they first say "soon" or "any time now"?

Things change and some people could care less.

While we realise that things have changed at their end, SONY haven't helped matters by being so completely silent about it. They are obviously waiting until they can be sure it's really the right time, this time, to open up about the release, but this just irks the people who think it is their right to get info.

Looking on the bright side, someone from SONY is asking us about PlayStation. That's a good first step which I hope gets repeated often. That way the fans can calm down after they have gotten everything off their chests and settle down to having normal communications.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EVO-Krymzen

90%
05 Rank
Progress
EVO-Krymzen
Accepted Solution

MastrGT wrote:

While we realise that things have changed at their end, SONY haven't helped matters by being so completely silent about it. They are obviously waiting until they can be sure it's really the right time, this time, to open up about the release, but this just irks the people who think it is their right to get info.

I completely agree MastrGT. Sony haven't helped the matters by staying silent about it. They have really (very nearly imo) ****ed up the whole thing. So I can understand people's frustration. I am, of course frustrated as well.

Whether it's a right for us to get info... well, that's a debate that could run and run and run, so I won't go there LOL.

I think the problem comes with what would happen if Sony did give out information about GT5... the public would just want more and more?? I don't know, that is probably what would happen... but then again, if Sony gave information from the start, and was honest and didn't go back on things they say a bit too often, then a trust builds up then people wouldn't constantly ask...

Hey it's all screwed from here on in... so the best thing Sony could do from here is get a release date out no later than E3, then release some proper game info there after. What the right thing for Sony to do at this point is anyone's guess if im honest, just because of the one mistake after another that has happened.

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jimmy1971

52%
02 Rank
Progress
jimmy1971
Accepted Solution

Well, Andrew House has answered some questions.  The People vs Andrew House 

"Is Gran Turismo 5 just a myth? (Nukem79, Macasfaj, yankien, NICKY_OM_13)
Absolutely not. It’s looking amazing and will be out soon."

What a surprise.  The word SOON needs to be removed from the English dictionary.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aphexstwin

94%
04 Rank
Progress
aphexstwin
Accepted Solution
i only read the linked page, but the intent was clear. lots of gamers want gt5. i think its absolutely disgusting that the only news we glean is from somebody who had the good fortune to be at the ring or le mans when the gt5 demo machines were there, taking videos. i also think its strange that another big racing game is due out at the end of the year (tdu2, i'll be getting that, joining/forming a club, who's in?) and we know more about that than sony's biggest ever game! e3 cant get here quick enough.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fink10

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Fink10
Accepted Solution

I'm in.TDU was brilliant,I was never off that when I had my XBox.I even had the McLaren LM :)

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Crow1964

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Crow1964
Accepted Solution

While I see your point Krymzen I take the opposite view. If you don't 'moan' and constantly ask then you get nowhere, not that we have come very far anyway but just getting the little information we have is because people do moan.

Imagine if people didn't moan. It would go two ways, Sony would be extremely worried that no0one is interested in GT5 or they would not release any information at all saving on advertising.

For me a game that has been 6 years almost in the making and as we have learnt has been delayed because of 3d and PS move is frankly disgusting. Surely these things could have been added later as DLC.

I hope 3d does not prove to be a white elephant for them but surely they realise this feature is not wanted by the vast majority of users. Many users have only just forked out for a hd tv do they honestly think that people can just go out and get a 3d tv just like that and in a recession?

Why couldn't they have done what the makers of Batman Asylum have done and release a separate game for 3d if they are that sure about it's promise.

tbh though I couldn't care less when they do release it but I do care about the way they treat potential customers and more importantly loyal GT fans. I don't see their strategy and if they have one it stinks.

Why can't they tell us what is in the game? As the game is a PS3 only one what are they afraid of?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Crow1964 wrote:

While I see your point Krymzen I take the opposite view. If you don't 'moan' and constantly ask then you get nowhere, not that we have come very far anyway but just getting the little information we have is because people do moan.

Imagine if people didn't moan. It would go two ways, Sony would be extremely worried that no0one is interested in GT5 or they would not release any information at all saving on advertising.

For me a game that has been 6 years almost in the making and as we have learnt has been delayed because of 3d and PS move is frankly disgusting. Surely these things could have been added later as DLC.

I hope 3d does not prove to be a white elephant for them but surely they realise this feature is not wanted by the vast majority of users. Many users have only just forked out for a hd tv do they honestly think that people can just go out and get a 3d tv just like that and in a recession?

Why couldn't they have done what the makers of Batman Asylum have done and release a separate game for 3d if they are that sure about it's promise.

tbh though I couldn't care less when they do release it but I do care about the way they treat potential customers and more importantly loyal GT fans. I don't see their strategy and if they have one it stinks.

All so very true. If this was some low expectation, B-list title then fair enough. (To be honest, it probably wouldn't be acceptable, but hey-ho...) I struggle to think of a) A fanbase more devoted and loyal than GT's, and b) A fanbase treated more shoddily than GT's.

Put these together, and the lack of respect shown to them is unacceptable. New hardware and tech seems to be evolving quicker than the darn game, and with every change that arises (Ooooh, 3D! Ooooh, PS Move!) they seem obsessed with implementing them, no matter how unbenefitial they seem to be to the game. (Anyone else think that Move is a completely unsuitable method of control for this title? Or any other driving title bar something like Mario Kart?)

All this stinks of Sony being more behind the delays than PD the more I think of it. Sony cramming all their new technological eggs in GT's basket. Question is, what's going to give first? The eggs, or the basket? Surely one or the other is going to suffer...

Till next rant...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Raybrig_

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Raybrig_
Accepted Solution

I agree with both of you,Crowsy and Funky, but i think Kry is getting at the moaners who do not do it in a constructive manner!!

@ move, not sure how this fits with GT5, pit mini games, head movement......dunno really......not long now till E3

0 Kudos

2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

funky_skunk

88%
02 Rank
Progress
funky_skunk
Accepted Solution

Raybrig_ wrote:

@ move, not sure how this fits with GT5, pit mini games, head movement......dunno really......not long now till E3

Only thing I would welcome Move in GT for is gesticulating, then throwing your helmet at your co-driver in rally stages. That, or nothing please Mr KY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gluw35vKqA

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

funky_skunk wrote:
Anyone else think that Move is a completely unsuitable method of control for this title? Or any other driving title bar something like Mario Kart?

I do, and I will be honest, I think adding 3D in is a bit of a push when HD's only just become mainstream.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jason_Hall

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Jason_Hall
Accepted Solution

The move will probably come in for people who have not got room for a steering wheel set up.

You hold both of the move controllers as if you were holding a steering wheel and when you need to shift up you move your hand down to your side and flick the controller forward to change down and back to change up. But to do this you would need two of the ball controller.

0 Kudos

Re: Something rather amusing, and ridiculous.

Real name request? Using it since 2009

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

EVO-Krymzen wrote:

I think the problem comes with what would happen if Sony did give out information about GT5... the public would just want more and more?? I don't know, that is probably what would happen... but then again, if Sony gave information from the start, and was honest and didn't go back on things they say a bit too often, then a trust builds up then people wouldn't constantly ask...

After five years of waiting, I personally feel that PD and Sony should both have coughed up some more information at this point. The release date most of all, but a more specific details about the whole "70 locations" thing (amongst others) wouldn't go amiss.

Given that the current delays are (supposedly) to do with the implementation of PS Move and 3D, two things that, quite frankly, I couldn't give a ***** about (if you want to arse around with nunchucks, buy a Wii. As for 3D - meh. It's cool, but it ain't mainstream enough yet, so it really shouldn't be an issue), the lack of information, a release date and the whole "keeping it under wraps untill E3" is beginning to grate. Even House saying "we'll announce a release date at E3" would have put my grievances to rest, but alas, he did not.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel