Not played Nascar so I'm not sure.
It would be weired hearing a voice on a GT game other than music lol .
To many posts didn't read all...
so for me most important stuff I would be happy to see added to GT5 P...
tyre pressure, weather conditions (start raining, clouds, wind, dark, fog etc.), better smoke from tyres while drift etc., cars from all around the world, some old school cars like Ford T or firs car ever build etc., drag racing cars and tracks, rally tracks and cars, car damage, car performance damage like engine, brakes, oil leaks, gauges damage etc., flat tyre, blowout when hit something etc., improved tracks graphics (like some people movement and tree movement on wind etc.)
thats not all, but main things I would like to see in full game and will hope at least half of it will be on it.
Knockhill racing circuit
Video replay editors
Stock car racing
Various race types (Sprint, Relay, Rally Driving)
Media (Newspapers, Television, Radio, Internet)
A bit of a story...maybe? (Rival teams, Rival drivers)
Trophies of course
Great car customisation
Cars get dirty and need washed, oil changed and tyre pressures checked
I think many of these things will be included in some way looking at how long it's taking them to get the game out
wow.. excelent ideas JmRssll555...
I would love to see in gt5 some story.. like in rally games.. just drive all real season, or it would be exelent to include some bit of a story about some racing driver.. like the stig.. for example like stroy of his life while driving a championships etc.. it would give GT5 some new soul and passion...
and nice idea to include for begining just at least one motorbike, if its possible.. like "dugati", "harley davidson", "honda" etc.. its important stuff for motoring game.. car evolution begin with bikes..
stock car racing would be definitely better at some point.. like beginers racing.. but just for PRO mode..
and video replay editor would add GT5 huge "to do stuff" i would spend years making replays..
and more race types definitely would get GT5 more fans and make game better overall.. now when on PS3 you can use 50 GB blu ray.. i think everything is possible.. and PD can definitely make it best ever motoring game.. like Clarkson (from TG) says... (huge pause) ..."in the world"
PS - HAVE TO INCLUDE OWN MUSIC OPTION! and if possible select some music from HDD for racing, menu, replays etc.. it would be great..
In a nutshell I think what most people want is (plz correct me if i'm wrong!):
- No time penalties
- No cheating AI (like those strange races in GT4 where you would enter a fully tuned car and exactly the same car unmodified was strangely faster....or when the AI uses the time penalty to stop you overtaking)
- If its "the real driving simulator" lets have real simulation then! We are taking about
- Brake wear
- Proper tyre wear and punctures etc
- Damage to components as the car proceeds through the career game
- Ability to blow the engine if over revving
- Remove the strange ability to brake in the middle of a corner and adjust your line (try that in the real world!)
- Real world turbo options like timers secondary stage boost entry etc
- Remove dumb things the ability to fit an ECU into a 1970 Triumph Spitfire!
- Proper Nitrous simulation with bottle sizes/multiple bottles and appropriate engine wear and damage as well as primary/secondary boost levels and staging
- Tutor for the novice, i'm a real one not "go round a track in cars you don't own trying to complete a task without any idea of how to do it and ending up getting very annoyed because it doesn't tell you what your doing wrong or how to do it right". Covering the basics of braking, steering (you'd be surprised), acceleration and what to do in skids, over/under steer then perhaps a driving test in the car you own (like the british MSA do in real life) why not have an instructor sitting in the car telling you when to do things?
- Proper race rules, its not NFS so why can't we have in the "simulation" part of the game stripped down WTCC rules, so those of us who want to race and practice performance driving can do it with like minded people rather than being forced to either come last in the pro events because we are not good enough (yet) to win or be shunted off the track by talentless morons using the outside fence as an extra part of the track and not racing at all
- Decent cars to unlock all of which you can actually race. I was gutted when I bought the Caterham in GT4 and could'nt enter a race with it, let alone winning various concept cars (Nike anyone?) and having them being totally useless as you can't race them. (Why put them in?)
- Paint shop to spray you car or import say a JPEG with your own decals on (if its not already in!)
- Wing mirrors - when your "in car" our the standard "road view" would be nice to actually see into the mirrors! (if not already in of course!)
- Proper "road view". Not the weird GT4 one where you seem to be looking up from the number plate, why can't be at the height of the head of the driver looking out into the road???
- Selling a modified car affects the price i.e. you don't get 2000 credits whether you spent nothing or 250,000 on it
- Ability to sell your cars to other players (maybe a sort of "GTBay") ??
- Ability to host races where people have to qualify to race maybe like the way they do in F1 with 3 rounds and in the last round the top 10 race for pole position. Really to stop the idiots from ruining to for everyone else
- Night races
- Real weather, rain/snow and changeable track conditions
- More classic cars from the manufacturers and more events for them
agree with mrfrisky330, except one thing - "Decent cars to unlock all of which you can actually race. I was gutted when I bought the Caterham in GT4 and could'nt enter a race with it, let alone winning various concept cars (Nike anyone?) and having them being totally useless as you can't race them. (Why put them in?)"
its a driving not racing simulator and you can drive alone in the track.. and some cars just are too slow.. like mercedes patent motorwagen.. etc (1 hp or something) more cars make more people happy... you dont need to use all hundreds and hundreds of car, some other guy will..
think of yourself as you are Jay Leno.. and collect some cars and drive them once a year