80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The Suggestions Box

1,597 Replies 56,963 Views Created 29-06-2007

I know we have other threads going already, but I throught as more new people come and would like to put ideas forward to what they would like to see in the next Gran Turismo game, be it cars, tracks or any other features it might be easyer if they were all in one spot.
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

uni_nake

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
uni_nake
Accepted Solution

Rhymane wrote:
Sounds like point to point racing to me, JAWs :p

lol oh shut up, you know what I mean by 'point-to-point' :p

And it requires pretty much no skill apart from setup skill...

Incorrect Ben...have you ever seen Drag Racing in action? There's the staging duel, where you pull up to the startline and you have to get the distance perfectly right, not go over the line or anything, while trying to psyche out the other driver...then there's the lights, you have to nail them to make sure you don't foul yet get a good start...then there's the gearing on the straight and avoiding whieelspin or dropping cylenders, not to mention keeping the car in a straight line for the length of the road! They could even put in a manual parachute system that you have to activate correctly too.

Plenty of potential there.

the more i read it the better i like it :D

0 Kudos

Re: The Suggestions Box

/16

e4superfly

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e4superfly
Accepted Solution

just for future all amg cars pls (clk 63 amg black series) audi rs4 B7 pls pls pls pagani zonda zf

and all bmw m3's thats all these are all drivers cars and you already have licensing  from all these manufacturers.

0 Kudos

/16
41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ferrari-F10-2010
Accepted Solution
Ferrari F10 and F2007 can actually race against other cars
0 Kudos

/16

WR-HW95

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WR-HW95
Accepted Solution

Would it be possible to fix weight bug from Volvo 245?

I have 3 of those on my yard and weight should be more like 1400kg (from 1320 to 1380) than 1890kg or something like that in game.

0 Kudos

/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

USED CAR DEALERSHIP:

A country selector for the used car dealership, then its broken down into manufacturer selections, with a list containing all the used cars as they become available (Just like old GT's), rather than having to WAIT for a car you need to show up, and its seriously annoying when there is a car you REALLY want but dont have the funds, so you go and race a few times and when you go back ITS GONE.

CAR DEALERSHIP LAYOUT:

I know its "nitpicking", but id like to see a return to GT of old with the way dealerships were layed out, it would be as easy as organizing the boxes in order from left to right, with all "Americas" made cars being on the left, "European" cars in the middle and all the "Asia" cars on the right, and just have like a coloured line seperating the regions.

IN CAR VEIW:

This is something that im sure will annoy a lot of people, only 200 cars?, have the in car veiw, i know i wont be buying many of those, but in the used car dealership there is plenty i want to buy, but im put off simply because there is no in car veiw, whos idea was it to do such a cruel thing?, i have never heard of ANY other game doing this,, and i have to say its probably my biggest dissapoinment with the game,, GT5 cannot call itself "The Real Driving Simulator" while this "Standard and Premuim" thing exists.

RACE & CONCEPT CARS:

I'd like to see ALL cars that fit into the above catagories be given an in car veiw, whats the point of selling a race or concept car at a rediculous price and NOT be able to have it "premium", any car that fits into those catagories SHOULD be made premium, c'mon PD whats going on guys?

I thought Standard and Premium was going to be the difference in car spec at the point of purchase, since there is those Stealth cars as well (and no, i didnt think the stealth cars would be invisible or anything like that).

TRACKS:

Where are these?,,

Silverstone?

Infineon Raceway?

Circut De Velencia?

Twin Ring Motegi?

Apricot Hill?

Complex String?? <I loved that course!

Midfield Raceway?

Tahiti Road?

Citta De Aria?

Red Rock Valley?

Costa Di Amalfi?

Hong Kong?

New York?

Opera Paris?

Seattle Circut?

Special Stage Route 11? <this is easy to impliment surely, just unlock that route of the course.

Cathedral Rocks?

Green Forrest Roadway?

Grand Canyon?

PIKES PEAK!! and where is the big Suzuki Pikes Peak??

Smokey Mountain?

Swiss Alps?

Tahiti Maze?

(I remember most of these but not the right names, so i checked Wiki and noticed a lot more missing, which i have included)

In fact there is quite a lot of well known and well televised tracks that are missing from this game, but hopefully these tracks will be available as DLC at somepoint,, IF they are already on the disc, (not saying all of them are), but if any of these mentioned are on the disc as DLC then sell them now, open up GT5.

Im going to play GT5 through to the end and i know i im going to love it as i do right now, but these things i have mentioned so far, will always pop up and just annoy me.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Vektrix

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Vektrix
Accepted Solution

Before I get flamed for this, I cannot be bothered going through all 86 pages of the thread, I appreciate some ideas may have already been suggested.

A-SPEC

In-Car Driving: Can we have the cockpit view when racing please?

B-SPEC

2-Driver Races: Add races where you can have 2 drivers racing simultaneously.  You have 2 drivers to watch out for and command at the same time then,

BOTH

Custom Championship: Allow the creation of custom championships and races, you can then create whole seasons as long or as short as you want.  These should be saveable as both available for you to do again and so that you can save them halfway through a season.  You can specify what cars are used, whether more than one of the same car model can be used etc.

VEHICLES

Makes Missing: Ok, where are the Bentley's, Porsches and Rolls-Royces? I haven't even found any Kias...

Dealership: Why can you buy old cars as if they are new?  Why not have a Classic Car Dealership that unlocks these as you level up, they then become available automatically like in the normal dealership.  Or, for more realism, they are not automatically purchasable, you ask the dealer to find it for you and it may take a while for them to find it.

Race Customising: Hmmm....  Can we have Race Car designing please?  Be able to buy a basic F1 Car Shape, a high-end Ferrari or even one of those Midgets, and colour it like a race car.  I want to be able add race mods to all vehicles, not just random ones.

Damage: Can we have mechanical and race damage available for use immediately please (but we can change the settings)?  I don't play online and want some realism in longer races.  Have you even seen any of the F1 games?  You can flip cars and crash them rather dramatically on that, you even have engine blow outs on lap 32.

Garage: Can we sell ALL cars please?  None of these cars you are not allowed to sell!  is it illegal to sell them?  If so I'd assume it is illegal to own them too.

CIRCUITS

I have noticed a few posts about circuits that people want.  I understand why many are not on, especially F1 circuits since Bernie Ecclestone is very guarded about F1 merchandising - but you have Monaco on there under a different name, so why not the others?  You have Monza and Suzuka under their own names anyway.  Do what Pro Evolution Soccer do and give them false names and allow your consumers to rename name?  Surely if Konami can do that with stadia, Sony can do that with F1 circuits (and other circuits).

Track Creator: Make it a PROPER Track Creator, technically it is not a creator, but a randomiser.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

noelnedsmar

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
noelnedsmar
Accepted Solution

HELL YEAH THAT SOUND GOOD .THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN SQUEEZING THE JOYPAD GRINNING WITH PLEASURE AS THE NEXT MAN IS ABOUT TO LOSE HIS CAR TO A MADMAN LOL.

could you guys add me   also will you check out my page and leave some tips on driving skills you have learned  please its at http://www.gt5guidentrade.blogspot.com thanks

0 Kudos

/16

berties123

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
berties123
Accepted Solution

AI improvement, cars that are going to be lapped should drive off the racing line to let you pass. In real races they don't drive defensively slowing down race leaders up.

0 Kudos

GT5 Car List

There is a GT5 scammer on these forums.
/16

maxon27

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maxon27
Accepted Solution
I think gt5 NEEDS: 1) save point in endurance races longer then 4 hours. Other wise, if my ps3 dies because of gt5? Legal action will be taken. 2) the most realistic racing game needs more realistic damage. For a developer to love cars so much, this is embarrassing. 3) less premium cars that are useless and more proper cars made premium. 4) less crap about history of cars and so forth & more respectable features. YouTube uploaded. Car history a waste of storage. 5) improve shadows and track plus replace cardboard cut out people...for a 5-6 year development that's insulting. That level of graphics u wouldn't find on a nintendo ds. 6) races online to start automatically after 2 minutes when people have joined the lobby. 7) player level matching. The type of level system found in metal gear solid online. 8) rewind & fast forward in replays, also a record feature with free flowing camera like found in uncharted 2 online, allowing for more creative videos. 9) save replay video to ps3 in avi format 10) able to take pictures of your car interior in photo mode. 11) this should be near the top but it just come to me lol. When spends hours of big races not to get some *****ter old standard car that you will never use.
0 Kudos

/16

Daiyus

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Daiyus
Accepted Solution

Hey all. First would just like to say I love the game, it's an absolute blast to play.

My main dissapointments are the Standard/Premium split of cars. It would have been nice to have everything premium, but I appreciate that takes a lot of work and isn't really wholly feasable.

My other gripe is a lack of Rally gameplay. I haven't really been playing all too much (I'm Lvl 18 A-Spec, 13 B-Spec) but so far I've only seen two Rally things in the Special events. When I saw the WRC trailers for GT I'll be honest in saying I was expecting a sub-mode (alongside A-Spec and B-Spec) for Rallying. I was expecting a variation and course complexity in a similar vein to Colin McRae 4.0 on the original Xbox.

So far the rally courses have been somewhat dissapointing in their design.

I would very much like a much more in depth Rally mode added as DLC, and would be willing to pay good money for it too (I thought £20 for Shivering Isles was a bargain, and a Rally DLC would add that much gameplay to GT5 for me).

0 Kudos

PSN/XBL Tag: Daiyus
/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
I would like to see the rediculous Custom Track Sharing option totally re-evaluated.

Who on earth decided it was a good idea to allow us to share only one track at a time and only to friends? It is an unnecessary restriction.
0 Kudos

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

/16

Turkeygeorge30

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Turkeygeorge30
Accepted Solution
now ive been a fan of gran turismo like many since the frist one on the ps1.

tho many improvements gran turismo is lacking in so many areas compared to previous editions.

1. the choice to do bugger all but paint the lower classed car and stick a rear wing on it is truely frustrating. think they need to look at the tuning options on shift two for example , change wheels, wheel sizes, body kits, paint, graphics and then the really fun choice of doing engine swaps.

id love to see the online drifting improved with a point scoring lap option avilable.

but over all im happy some new tracks such as donington and some from around the globe would be a welcome addition.
0 Kudos

/16

Al-khuzairy

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Al-khuzairy
Accepted Solution
PLEASE PD bring back the map-style career mode in GT6
I am done with GT5 and hoping for GT6 and put some effort in split-screen mode is dull in GT5, no smoke no IA no decent replay and limited car from the career mode !!
0 Kudos

/16

Minty_Cymru

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Minty_Cymru
Accepted Solution

REPLAYS

I'd lke to see a usable output (such as an MPEG or similar) so our clan can publish edited highlights of our championships.

By the way, if you are in your mid 20's or above, and like clean racing, visit the sig below and sign up - good bunch of lads of all abilities.

0 Kudos

/16

KillyBamp

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KillyBamp
Accepted Solution
Be able to change rims on all cars ,not just premium. 2nd hand wheels for sale, like GT4 Preview colour change. It really astounds and annoys me that these basic features are not included in a game that was in development for an eternity, everyone likes to put there own stamp on their cars and the used car market contains a lot of players favourites.Forza 4 is coming, GT5 needs to step up.
0 Kudos

/16

GALACTIK_SKULL2

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GALACTIK_SKULL2
Accepted Solution

they should put some where, were u can buy the paint you want and racing gear instead of just winning random ones..

0 Kudos

/16

GALACTIK_SKULL2

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GALACTIK_SKULL2
Accepted Solution

they should put a couple more F1 in the game like mclaren F1 or  red bull F1 and put the resinable priced car in it for top gear.

0 Kudos

/16

deadpeasant

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deadpeasant
Accepted Solution

Maybe a cheat penalty option for online racing. Where any impacts that happen during a race decrements your credits a bit. The harder the impact the more money decremented.

0 Kudos

/16

GALACTIK_SKULL2

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GALACTIK_SKULL2
Accepted Solution

they should bring the stealth cars to the playstation store  all 6 for £40 or somthin cos i really want the stealth cars.

0 Kudos

/16

RykketyStykks

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RykketyStykks
Accepted Solution
I believe the difference between online and offline driving stems from the fact that normal control pad users are stuck with steering at "Amateur", however, online must be on professional or simulation.

What this creates is massive inconsistencies such as A-spec practice mode becomes completely useless as a tool to practice or set-up a car.

Please may we have option as a pad user to change A-spec driving to professional and/or simulation like the wheel users have access to. Thank you!
0 Kudos

/16

Mad_Max765

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mad_Max765
Accepted Solution

Bailey Blade as a future dlc in the gt 5,i would really like to see that car in the game so i guess you have to contact bmx motors first and i believe that you will get the licence for that car for free.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel