13 Jul 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Those who skipped GT:A will also miss out on GT5 seasonal races and time trials...

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 796 Views edited 13-07-2012

Special GT5 Seasonal Events for GT Academy 2012 Prize Cars
GT Academy July 13th, 

A series of special new Seasonal Events have just been announced for Gran Turismo 5, which feature the prize cars earned in the GT Academy 2012 mini-game.

The first event has just gone live, and features one race and one time trial in the Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Edition) ’11:

Autumn Ring Mini / 5 Laps
Period of Availability: 2012/07/12 23:00 – 2012/07/19 23:00
1st: Cr.300,000 2nd: Cr.165,000 3rd: Cr.120,000
Eifel (Kart) 207A Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2012/07/12 23:00 – 2012/07/19 23:00
Gold: Cr.300,000 Silver: Cr.200,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000
New events will be released each week, with “special prizes” available for players who earn a 3rd place and bronze trophy result in each event, and yet another “bonus prize” for who achieve the first place and a gold trophy.

So not only do you get free cars you get even more races. 

O and they are harder than the normal seasonals. hence the get prizes only once pay outs... 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (796 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Those who skipped GT:A will also miss out on GT5 seasonal races and time trials...

Now the good news.... 

Spoiler

If you want in on the seasonals you can kiss a friends buttocks.

GT:A cars can be borrowed if the friend puts them online.  

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Those who skipped GT:A will also miss out on GT5 seasonal races and time trials...

REALLY...

mwah...oh wait ...yeeeeewww

btw how come you have like 15 B-spec drivers on remote racing?

Jesus said to Peter "come forth and receive eternal life". He came fifth and won a toaster!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

FcUK_R wrote:

REALLY...

mwah...oh wait ...yeeeeewww

btw how come you have like 15 B-spec drivers on remote racing?

Only 15 its supposed to be 20 ill have to fix that.

Spoiler

Its My patented Fill the B-spec remote racing grid system.

So I can be in more races than others..

pic24.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (767 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey guys im Aussie and i wasnt able to participate in the first round, im looking for someone to add so i can Burrow/trade the gt academy 11 leaf. My PSN id is clitty1

thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (761 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

cool !! i have completed all of GT-A but i know a man who hasn't !!!

thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (745 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the heads up Graphite, I didn't get a star to indicate new races in the Seasonal Online Races box so your post was the first I knew about them. :smileysurprised:

Just done them, got golds but not easily which is the way I like it, some of these seasonal races while fun, can be a little too easy, I like a challenge so yeah great stuff if they stay like this. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks again as I'm sure I'm not the only one one who didn't know about them. (Must confess I rarely wait to read the news articles, I just want to get in and get racing.) :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (739 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

At least PD made it so we could share these cars with players who could not participate.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

If you have not made a back-up copy of your GT5 progress file yet, please do so now!

There is a growing number of ways that you may lose your Academy cars and if you don't have any recover points saved, then it is very unlikely that you will ever be able to get those cars back in your garage again.

If any of this content is important to you, start making back-up copies after you receive each car and before you do anything else in GT5. Do not overwrite any other previous save file, either. Always make a new copy and save it somewhere safe, such as on another hard drive or mem-stick.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (665 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MastrGT wrote:

If you have not made a back-up copy of your GT5 progress file yet, please do so now!

There is a growing number of ways that you may lose your Academy cars and if you don't have any recover points saved, then it is very unlikely that you will ever be able to get those cars back in your garage again.

If any of this content is important to you, start making back-up copies after you receive each car and before you do anything else in GT5. Do not overwrite any other previous save file, either. Always make a new copy and save it somewhere safe, such as on another hard drive or mem-stick.

Backing up after receiving any tickets via GT5 ticket system Should be a requirement for all users not just for the GT:A cars 

Losing stuff your friends sent you could be just as bad...they may not have duplicated there content they sent.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (601 Views)
0 Kudos