98%
04 Rank
Progress

Three Gran Turismo 5 editions announced

[ Edited ]
28 Replies 679 Views edited 04-08-2010
04 Aug 2010
By Pretoria

The world's slickest driving game for PlayStation 3 to hit stores this November as a Standard Edition, a fully-loaded Collector's Edition and a luxury, accessory-packed Signature Edition.

Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have announced three different editions of the forthcoming
Gran Turismo® 5 for PlayStation®3, offering racing fans more options than ever for immersing themselves in the drive of a lifetime. The eagerly-awaited game is scheduled to arrive this November, and here's what to look out for on the starting grid.

Standard Edition:

More than a thousand cars, a global community of racers, the world's most iconic racetracks and the drive of a lifetime - that's Gran Turismo 5.

Experience astounding realism, pulse-raising physics, high-speed thrills and a full tank of international motoring glamour as you race against friends at home or online against champions from around the world, and build yourself a stable of the finest cars ever to have graced the tarmac anywhere.

One of the world's best-selling driving games is back, packed with new features, new rides and new experiences that'll take your life into the fast lane like never before.

Collector's Edition:

A highly-desirable upgrade for serious racers and motoring fans, this eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector's box. As well as the game itself, you'll get:

• Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art
  • 200+ page Apex driver's magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
  • Five Collector's Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork
  • In-game ChromeLine vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race
  • Exclusive dynamic theme to customise your PS3™ XMB™ (XrossMediaBar)

Signature Edition:

Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case, which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Obsidian Black. As well as the game, the Apex driver's magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you'll get:

• An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car
  • A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob 
  • A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 
  • A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen
  • Six additional in-game Stealth cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme
  • For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar, in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com.

If that doesn't whet your appetite enough, an additional six in-game ‘Stealth’ cars will be made available, which include:

• Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model
  • Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model
  • Mazda 787B Stealth Model
  • McLaren F1 Stealth Model
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model
  • Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Further details on how you can redeem these additional in-game cars to add to your GT5 vehicle collection will be confirmed at a later date, so watch this space Australia!

Gran Turismo 5 is yet to be classified by the Australian Classification Board.

LABELS:
Pretoria Sig
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mignun

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Mignun
Accepted Solution

SE for me. Just changed my pre-order at EB from the so called CE.

With the chrome line cars & stealth cars, thats 11 cars. Looks like I dont have to waste 30000 credits on a madza rx8 to start career mode :P

Re: Three Gran Turismo 5 editions announced

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
just played a bit of gt on psp last night, i've got 5 dlc cars plus a bunky and about 2.5 million in credits.

got me thinking you could probably download a gamesave with a heap of cool cars then transfer those from your psp to gt5... i'll be trying that anyway.

as for what edition, i'll be getting the CE, can't see myself getting any value out of 50% of the SE stuff so i'll hang on to that extra 170 bucks polyphony.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Lion-Face

• Award Winner
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Lion-Face
Accepted Solution
The GT PSP saves are locked to each unique PSP. It tells you so if you try loading up a save on a different PSP. I found that out after playing GT PSP on my PSP3000 while I waited the download code for the PSPGo, where I tried transferring the save file, it just wouldn't load. PD were clever enough to do so so you couldn't 'cheat' like that when GT5 came out. Although the transferred cars only work in GT5's Arcade mode, and not GT Career mode.

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

92%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
i thought u could transfer memory stick to memory stick through a process on 1 psp. that way u could get a save onto another psp. from memoy i did it. but u wouldnt for a go.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution

Lion-Face wrote:
The GT PSP saves are locked to each unique PSP. It tells you so if you try loading up a save on a different PSP. I found that out after playing GT PSP on my PSP3000 while I waited the download code for the PSPGo, where I tried transferring the save file, it just wouldn't load. PD were clever enough to do so so you couldn't 'cheat' like that when GT5 came out. Although the transferred cars only work in GT5's Arcade mode, and not GT Career mode.

that is interesting. so any transfered cars wont be able to help your CAReer anyway =(

hopefully you can transfer some/all of your credits.

does anyone know if you'll get anything for have a gt5p game save on the ps3? i played a fair bit on my old console but never on my new one

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution
Going on the trend with GT4P and GT4, I'd just about guarantee it...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Pretoria

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Pretoria
Accepted Solution

Pretoria wrote:

Signature Edition:

Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case, which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Obsidian Black. As well as the game, the Apex driver's magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you'll get:

• An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car
  • A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob 
  • A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 
  • A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen
  • Six additional in-game Stealth cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme
  • For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar, in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com.

If that doesn't whet your appetite enough, an additional six in-game ‘Stealth’ cars will be made available, which include:

• Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model
  • Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model
  • Mazda 787B Stealth Model
  • McLaren F1 Stealth Model
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model
  • Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Further details on how you can redeem these additional in-game cars to add to your GT5 vehicle collection will be confirmed at a later date, so watch this space Australia!

Gran Turismo 5 is yet to be classified by the Australian Classification Board.

The Signature Edition still gets a dynamic theme

Pretoria Sig

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smashed_u_bro

53%
02 Rank
Progress