Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Three Gran Turismo 5 editions announced

signature version for me. like Lionface says. it's Gran Turismo, how often do we spend money on it. lol. I'm in need of a new wallet, the model car is sexy, and I'm a collector, and the actual collector's edition is just a sad normal collector's edition like most are these days, the signature edition is a REAL collector's edition :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (390 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Yep. Kudos to smokey
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (389 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

In better financial circumstances I'd get the signiture edition, but I couldn't part with $300 over one game that I'm only barely interested in anymore.

But I do agree that this is a real collector's edition (the signiture that is), made even more special by the fact this will most likely be the only Gran Turismo on the PS3 unless there's a custom car spin-off running on the same engine. GT5 has been on the boil for what? 5 years now? GT6, the fully-fledged sequel, will probably have to be built from the ground up again on next-gen technology.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (374 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

SE for me. Just changed my pre-order at EB from the so called CE.

With the chrome line cars & stealth cars, thats 11 cars. Looks like I dont have to waste 30000 credits on a madza rx8 to start career mode :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (369 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

just played a bit of gt on psp last night, i've got 5 dlc cars plus a bunky and about 2.5 million in credits.

got me thinking you could probably download a gamesave with a heap of cool cars then transfer those from your psp to gt5... i'll be trying that anyway.

as for what edition, i'll be getting the CE, can't see myself getting any value out of 50% of the SE stuff so i'll hang on to that extra 170 bucks polyphony.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (297 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

The GT PSP saves are locked to each unique PSP. It tells you so if you try loading up a save on a different PSP. I found that out after playing GT PSP on my PSP3000 while I waited the download code for the PSPGo, where I tried transferring the save file, it just wouldn't load. PD were clever enough to do so so you couldn't 'cheat' like that when GT5 came out. Although the transferred cars only work in GT5's Arcade mode, and not GT Career mode.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (283 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

i thought u could transfer memory stick to memory stick through a process on 1 psp. that way u could get a save onto another psp. from memoy i did it. but u wouldnt for a go.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (280 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lion-Face wrote:
The GT PSP saves are locked to each unique PSP. It tells you so if you try loading up a save on a different PSP. I found that out after playing GT PSP on my PSP3000 while I waited the download code for the PSPGo, where I tried transferring the save file, it just wouldn't load. PD were clever enough to do so so you couldn't 'cheat' like that when GT5 came out. Although the transferred cars only work in GT5's Arcade mode, and not GT Career mode.

that is interesting. so any transfered cars wont be able to help your CAReer anyway =(

hopefully you can transfer some/all of your credits.

does anyone know if you'll get anything for have a gt5p game save on the ps3? i played a fair bit on my old console but never on my new one

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (266 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Going on the trend with GT4P and GT4, I'd just about guarantee it...
Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (255 Views)