09 Jun 2011
Playstation Staff

VERY small tip for the seasonals!

8 Replies 438 Views Created 09-06-2011
Just a small nugget for people who aren't experts (like me), I have been struggling to get any better than 5th on the new elise seasonal, I had the power set to the limit and weight set to as light as you can, all engine internals lightened and a strut brace, to help with the handling etc. Then I remembered that in GTAutos you can buy wings and aero packs to help further with the handling through the bends and I came second on my next and only try since. I finished .48 seconds behind 1st, so will do it eventually I'm sure! I know a lot of you out there will already know this, but I'm sure there are those that don't!!!! happy trying
Message 1 of 9 (438 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: VERY small tip for the seasonals!

Nice tip - sometimes the obvious stuff is what we all miss :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (429 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Ok here's my tip;

I over tuned my engine so I get a higher rev limit and the engine revs much faster and more efficient Then just lower to power down to suit so now I can stay in gears longer or don't have to use to high of a gear on the uphill struggles :smileywink:

In fact I tuned each car to nearly maximum and lightened them then just go to settings and adjust back down to the requirements. You have all the benefits of a tuned car even tho your not over the power limit :smileywink:

I've settle for all silvers, I haven't the time or the patience to try for the golds.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

lfcrule1972 wrote:
Nice tip - sometimes the obvious stuff is what we all miss :smileyhappy:
Cheers, if it helps then its good. Another good tip there Ytevo, I'll give that a go for the others :smileywink:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

It helps in the Fiat 500 and if you set the top speed higher you can slipstream and over take them easier.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (406 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just managed to get 1st in the Fiat 500 race, by 2.2 seconds!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just another tip that i hope helps some people out.

The elise loves to oversteer under braking, What helped me stop that was to increase the front brake bias to 6 and decrease the rear brake bias to 4. It improved the braking stability greatly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

cheers for all the tips guys. managed to get up to 3rd in the elise event. 2nd in the other two, think that's about my limit now. may give it a few more goes.

time to grind some wonga on some easier seasonals while the money is high!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Apparently, one thing that helps the Lotus immensely is to stiffen the chassis.

I have yet to put this to a test, though.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Kudos