Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Level 3

Re: What Tech Support!?

To be honest mate, the OP makes it look like you are upset that you missed out.

So if this is truly about the support here, then you wont get much luck. The staff here barely get support from PSN, let alone a developer of a game that has more interest in its big market areas.

All I can offer is to put the cars on share for you, for you to borrow for use in the events.

If thats not good enough, there isnt much more anyone can offer.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (323 Views)
Level 3

timmy6321 wrote:

To be honest mate, the OP makes it look like you are upset that you missed out.

So if this is truly about the support here, then you wont get much luck. The staff here barely get support from PSN, let alone a developer of a game that has more interest in its big market areas.

All I can offer is to put the cars on share for you, for you to borrow for use in the events.

If thats not good enough, there isnt much more anyone can offer.

Although it was available on the PS Store, it is the exclusive right of the developer (in this case Polyphony Digital) to alter all or part of their services regardless of the region.

For further information regarding this particular issue please contact Polyphony directly:

Polyphony Digital Inc.
Tobu Toyosu Bldg 2F
1-10-19 Edagawa
Koto-ku
Tokyo, 135-0051

www.polyphony.co.jp

Unfortunately, there is no more support we can provide regarding this matter. Please contact Polyphony directly if you have any further questions

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (315 Views)
Level 1

Thank you for the kind offer Timmy but I have already borrowed the cars and am progressing through the events. 

This thread on support was started in response to my original thread on "Australian GT Academy" where I was asking for help and subsequently relayed my work around with borrowed cars.

My "gripe" is solely to do with the lack of support for Aussies in general and the sparse dissemination of information concerning exactly what we can and can't actually do.

Cheers TT

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (312 Views)
Level 1

Thanks for the reply yonNZL86, at least I know there are some people in officialdom reading this.

Would you please pass on the only really important issue here is the lack of communication. How hard would it have been to post "GTA is now available at the PS Store for Australians" under your news list when the game loads

Or to place the cars in the recommended list in the garage for Australian account holders?  Or other numerous work arounds like being able to buy the cars from the online dealership.

Being told that PD can do whatever it likes to whom it likes is a very poor customer relations response.

So please, bear in mind, better communication would go a long way to improving the game experience for customers and no doubt the "bottom line" for PD (and Sony for that matter).

Cheers TT

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (309 Views)
Level 9

Hey TT_92,

There are always moderators watching and reading most if not all posts in all of these sections. Sometimes answers are not available and only the creator of the game have the answers. In this situation there is a lot of moving parts. This competition was in conjunction with Nissan, the major prize was a contract of at least the opportunity to represent the Nissan, PlayStation, Polyphony, Gran Turismo family. With all these parts there could be many hurdles  that could not be overcome in the countries that were not included. It could even have to do with the country not allowing it. 

This event was available in 14 countries, Australia & New Zealand weren't the only ones to miss out. As much as this is a shame (I am a MASSIVE GT fan) it is also understandable that not every country will always be able to participate in these type of things. We get things that other countries don't as well.

Here are a few links from the Official PlayStation Blog leading up to the GT Academy that directly advise that we were not included in these events but it may of been possible to download it.

April 16th - The Country List

May 1st  -  The Structure

June 1st -  Announcement that it is available in "MOST" countries...

If you missed out on doing the GT:A events, I am sorry to hear that. If you have to borrow cars to do the events, be happy you are at least able to do them as some countries still may not be able to...

Hopefully this answers your question more.

Pretoria

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (293 Views)
Level 1

Hi Pretoria and thank you for taking the time to contribute to this thread. 

Everything that you (and the other mods) have said I do fully understand and and was fully aware of prior to my posts.

Let me reiterate the time line here that I am discussing.

Prior to Friday June 13 GTA events were being held in many countries and the only way an Australian could participate was to register an account in another country and download the software.  I chose not do this as I looked upon it as dishonest/cheating/inappropriate.  Further, everything I read made it clear Australia would not be eligible in the foreseeable future.

On Friday the 13th of June GTA round one appeared on my Australian PS3 in the New Online events.  There was no warning that this was coming or how to obtain the necessary cars.  It would seem obvious to me that *IF* PD put the event up and I am now allowed to access it I should be able to have the cars to do it with.

On the 14th I posted here "Australian GT Academy" and asked how do I get the cars.  BTW this was after I read numerous posts here and on other websites.

By Friday the 21st and the first round closing not one person (including moderators) would offer any help as to how to get the cars officially.  This result is what has prompted the discussion now.

The only point I am trying to make is that very little help has been forthcoming.  Quite simply, there has been a lack of communication between PD/Sony and the public.

I am not looking for apologies or excuses and I am certainly not trying to be abusive to anyone, I just want to get a point across to the manufacturers that there is a problem and it needs to be addressed and in a timely manner.

I do hope this clears up what point I am actually trying to get across.

Cheers TT

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (276 Views)
Level 9

TT_92 wrote:

Hi Pretoria and thank you for taking the time to contribute to this thread. 

Everything that you (and the other mods) have said I do fully understand and and was fully aware of prior to my posts.

Let me reiterate the time line here that I am discussing.

Prior to Friday June 13 GTA events were being held in many countries and the only way an Australian could participate was to register an account in another country and download the software.  I chose not do this as I looked upon it as dishonest/cheating/inappropriate.  Further, everything I read made it clear Australia would not be eligible in the foreseeable future.

On Friday the 13th of June GTA round one appeared on my Australian PS3 in the New Online events.  There was no warning that this was coming or how to obtain the necessary cars.  It would seem obvious to me that *IF* PD put the event up and I am now allowed to access it I should be able to have the cars to do it with.

On the 14th I posted here "Australian GT Academy" and asked how do I get the cars.  BTW this was after I read numerous posts here and on other websites.

By Friday the 21st and the first round closing not one person (including moderators) would offer any help as to how to get the cars officially.  This result is what has prompted the discussion now.

The only point I am trying to make is that very little help has been forthcoming.  Quite simply, there has been a lack of communication between PD/Sony and the public.

I am not looking for apologies or excuses and I am certainly not trying to be abusive to anyone, I just want to get a point across to the manufacturers that there is a problem and it needs to be addressed and in a timely manner.

I do hope this clears up what point I am actually trying to get across.

Cheers TT

I totally understand the point you are trying to make.

The reason not much info was forthcoming to you is cause there wasn't much info available to us. This competition wasn't for us and means the info wasn't really meant for us in the first place.

When the first round of GT:A seasonal event came out and each one since then, it has always been set as a blanket launch. If you are logged in on the PSN and you are playing GT5 no matter what country you are in, this would show up, available to that region or not.

It is kind of like Call of Duty in this way, when a new map pack comes out it says OUT NOW map pack blah blah, this is cause they use blanket announcements as well, it is out in America but not anywhere else. As the day goes on and the regions update their servers / store, it becomes available elsewhere. (That is the difference in this example though)

Hope this further helps your understanding of the situation.

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (267 Views)
Level 3

The other thing to mention here is that the mods have been completely transparent.

They didnt get any info from PD on this specific issue, so they had nothing to share and said as much.

They pointed out that the only real way to make a change in this regard is for the player base to contact PD directly.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dude, your question was answered: GT Academy was not available in Australia/ New Zealand.

GT Academy will NEVER be available in NZ/Australia

I saw it on the store myself and contacted Sony and they said it should never have been available in NZ/Australia and the fact it was on the store was a mistake. If you had picked up a phone they would have told you the same thing.

Your question has been answered multiple times by the mods

You missed out

Its only a computer game, I could understand why you would be so pissy if it was real life.

But its not

ITS A COMPUTER GAME

GROW THE HELL UP AND FOCUS ON MORE IMPORTANT THINGS

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (243 Views)
Level 1

Timmy I do agree, the mods here have been as helpful as they can and have passed on the limited knowledge they have.

As far as contacting PD directly is concerned, why does PSN have this official forum then?  It is my understanding that official forums *ARE* the way for customers to make contact with the developers and for these same developers to monitor public opinion to help them develop an improved product.

Call of Duty has been mentioned here in passing.  When MW1 was released I (and about Million other users) had some horrific problems with the P2P operation of the game.  I did contact Infinity Ward's owner and Australian Distributor Activision and was informed by the wonderful switchboard operator that Tech support was only offered *IF* I paid A$5.00 for each problem!  That is as far as many customers got and all further complaints were ignored.  Please do not infer I am accusing PD of this abhorrent behaviour but it is my belief when these forums work it is a far better way than one individual's effort in writing a letter of complaint.

Also to justify my approach there was a time frame of 7 days imposed on working out a solution to my initial problem.  I should mention we are about to get the 4th GTA event and there is still no official word on what Australians are supposed to do.  Officially we have an event that we can enter but because we do not have the right vehicles we are barred from it.   The only way (as I found out) is to have a friend that *cheated the system* and the did the events with a false account from another country that is then prepared to lend you the cars.

This does raise the next point.  What about if there is a 3rd series of these events and it relies on winning cars from this event?  What happens then?

All I am asking for is some better communication from PD.  The perfect (read cheapest for PD) is put up a news article in their news section when the game loads.  This can be targeted at any market segment they want and just explain what we are to do.  That would also then appear at the front of this forum as well.

They don't even have to give away the cars for it.  Either change rules for Australians and allow them to use standard models already in the game or make the GTA cars available for sale in the Online dealership or even have them borrowable from the dealership.  There are a lot of workarounds available.

Cheers TT

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (229 Views)