23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

black cockpit view in gt5

23 Replies 5,025 Views Created 04-04-2012

hi i would like to ask why i cant see the details inside the cars. as here http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spec-2-0-cockpit-cocktail/722133 

thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Simple answer really. Not all cars have detailed cockpits. Only the Premium models and some of the Standard cars. Most of the Standard ones are just plain black. Before there was nothing.

0 Kudos

Re: black cockpit view in gt5

/16

smokey019

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smokey019
Accepted Solution

Some of the standard cars have steering wheels but some of them are hard to see amongst the plain black interior. I'll post a picture of one when I find one with a steering wheel.

0 Kudos

/16

Ronin_JayT

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ronin_JayT
Accepted Solution

Yes the cockpit view in standard cars is rubbish, I was disappointed when GT5

arrived with premium and standard cars.

Overall though, GT5 is the shot

gt5gt3.jpg

0 Kudos

/16

kennyuk77

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kennyuk77
Accepted Solution

Standard cars with open cockpits have detailed interiors, like the FGT, the Caterham, and several LMP cars. 

0 Kudos

Go Lotus F1 for 2012!

/16

Gavster11

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gavster11
Accepted Solution

Before the black interiors on 'standard' cars (cars imported from GT4 and GT PSP) there was no interior view at all, just like it always was with previous GT games.

The guys at PD spent ages making these black interiors which I think is a bit beyond the call of duty as it's very unlikely these standard cars will be in the next GT.

0 Kudos

SEN: Gavster11
XBox Live: gavster11
/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

> I think is a bit beyond the call of duty as it's very unlikely these standard cars will be in the next GT.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that last bit.

What would we do without all of those Skylines? :Music:

But seriously, the PS3 will host the next GT, so I don't see any problems migrating them to #6 in their present condition. 

0 Kudos

/16

Guedes747

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution

MastrGT escreveu:
But seriously, the PS3 will host the next GT, so I don't see any problems migrating them to #6 in their present condition. 

How can you be so sure Gran Turismo 6 is coming to Playstation 3? Do you know something we don't? I know, I know that its been the way PD usually does things, 2 games per console, but I'm just not really convinced that its such a great idea for them to release GT6 on PS3, it will eventually come out something like a transation from MW2 to MW3 I believe. A new game looking a lot like the first one with only just a few new things in it (Those things being a few new tracks and a few new cars). In my honest opinion I just think the best idea is taking time to develop GT6 untill the next console is on the market, so they have time to improve and add more content, even though we don't have a clue when will there be a new console. Thus avoiding delays and flaws, delivering the best Gran Turismo series have to offer .

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Simple deduction.

We know that PD has already been working on GT6 for a while, but for that to be even possible, PD has to have an SDK for the hardware. Since the PS4 / Orbis is still on the drawingboard, there is no way a responsible company would devote those kinds of development resources necessary while working on a product for which the target specs are still unknown. Just wouldn't happen.

Do you remember the PS3 had to wait for the HDMI 1.3 specs to be nailed down before it went into production? Same thing... PD can't move until they have something nailed down as a hardware target. Sure, PD could do some prep work / planning before they got an SDK. We only now are hearing good rumours about hardware (AMD CPU and GPU, not the Cell), but PD has been working on GT6 for, what, nearly one year? PD knows the PS3 now and most PS3 developers admit there is a ways to go before they have wrung the last bit out of it. Kaz also said that GT6 shouldn't / wouldn't take as long as GT5, too.

So there is nothing in favour of GT6 coming out on the PS4 (unless SONY is willing to hold up its release for a few extra years and sacrifice losing GT sales on the PS3). 

GT6 = PS3

/16

Guedes747

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution

MastrGT escreveu:

Simple deduction.

We know that PD has already been working on GT6 for a while, but for that to be even possible, PD has to have an SDK for the hardware. Since the PS4 / Orbis is still on the drawingboard, there is no way a responsible company would devote those kinds of development resources necessary while working on a product for which the target specs are still unknown. Just wouldn't happen.

Do you remember the PS3 had to wait for the HDMI 1.3 specs to be nailed down before it went into production? Same thing... PD can't move until they have something nailed down as a hardware target. Sure, PD could do some prep work / planning before they got an SDK. We only now are hearing good rumours about hardware (AMD CPU and GPU, not the Cell), but PD has been working on GT6 for, what, nearly one year? PD knows the PS3 now and most PS3 developers admit there is a ways to go before they have wrung the last bit out of it. Kaz also said that GT6 shouldn't / wouldn't take as long as GT5, too.

So there is nothing in favour of GT6 coming out on the PS4 (unless SONY is willing to hold up its release for a few extra years and sacrifice losing GT sales on the PS3). 

GT6 = PS3

You have some very good points there to be honest, but l still think its best for them to wait for PS4 / ''Orbis'', instead of releasing it. They should just try and focus on the next generation's Gran Turismo because people are happy with Gran Turismo 5 so far, and its been out for only 2 years and who knows what can change in 1 or 2 more years, what all the players really want for now is new DLC's and updates to keep the game fresh and more entertaining. I haven't seen anyone, anywhere asking about GT6's release date and details etc, etc.. Fresh DLC's & Updates are the key for now, not a new game.

/16

GT5_andy_m

70%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

Guedes747 wrote: Fresh DLC's & Updates are the key for now, not a new game.

Yep, I strongly agree with that.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

And yet, if tomorrow you were given the choice of getting new GT5 DLC, or walking into the stores to buy a newly released copy of GT6, I kinda think I know what your choice would be.:smileywink:

0 Kudos

photo rsz_1pizapcom14635560136521_zpstqjza4yf.jpg
/16

Guedes747

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution

Tassie_tiger escreveu:

And yet, if tomorrow you were given the choice of getting new GT5 DLC, or walking into the stores to buy a newly released copy of GT6, I kinda think I know what your choice would be.:smileywink:

That would generate a lot of controversy between PD and the players because they would be doing the same thing Activision does with their costumers and CoD series, release same game with a few new things, publish pricy DLC's a year passes, hence & repeat. Polyphony did something different and no one raised any complains, from what I've seen, they re-released the same game but with a fair price and all the add-on's included and called it Gran Turismo 5 XL, they did not make a NEW game out of it, its just a more complete version of GT5.
I just think that, with the new ability of buying 'expansions' for your games (DLC's), there is no need for a release of a similar game every 1 or 2 years for the same platform. On PS2 days it was ok and welcome because we didn't have an alternative, there was no PSN or Playstation Store.
I guarantee you, if Polyphony does release a Gran Turismo 6 as a Gran Turismo 5 but with more premium cars and a few new tracks, there is going to be a lot of discontent from the majority of the players. And again I say, they have mentioned that Gran Turismo 5 was allready limited due to the Playstation 3's hardware, I don't think they can change that on a new game, so GT6 wouldn't be very much diferent than GT5 if they released it for this platform.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Mine wasn't meant to come across as such a serious reply.

More stating the obvious that most would be more interested in buying GT6 than GT5 DLC.

Well, I for one would.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

GTuristi

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTuristi
Accepted Solution

As GT5 has been the first game in this series which includes online features, they can take that experience and design GT6 with that in mind. For example in the beginning of GT5, people found glitches which made them able to win the races unfairly and those glitches had to be fixed with updates.

If there will be GT6 for PS3, most important fix - if possible - is the shadows.

I personally could live with GT5 and additional DLC cars & tracks until PS4 and next Gran Turismo is released, unless of course they're something like 5-10 years ahead :P

I hope that eventually all Standard cars will be converted to Premium either by GT5 DLC or in GT6 release (+ DLC).

I like what was included in the last car pack, something for everyone, new and old cars, street and racecars, for example Nissan Leaf as a new car and VW Beetle which was already in the game in Standard version, was made in newer version and Premium quality. This is exactly what I hope to see in the future DLC packs as well :)

0 Kudos

/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

How about them black cockpits eh.:smileywink:

Personally, it's not an issue as I prefer to drive with the full car view.

But I do understand, and have read many posts regarding this issue.

(Regarding the other off topic subject, considering there have been quite a few serious and well thought-out posts, perhaps someone would like to crack open a fresh thread on the topic)

0 Kudos

/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

GTuristi wrote:

If there will be GT6 for PS3, most important fix - if possible - is the shadows.

Do you mean regarding the PS3's anti-aliasing limitations.

Forget about them. PD may be able to slightly improve them, but the hardware is getting in their way.

0 Kudos

/16

GTuristi

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTuristi
Accepted Solution

MastrGT wrote:

GTuristi wrote:

Do you mean regarding the PS3's anti-aliasing limitations.

Forget about them. PD may be able to slightly improve them, but the hardware is getting in their way.

Ok, I just thought as GT5 Prologue didn't have this kind of shadows, there might be a way to do it differently in GT6 but if not, then I guess GT6 can only differ contentwise from GT5 if it's done for PS3 but still I'm sure I'll buy GT6 whenever it's released no matter if it's for PS3 or PS4.

I just hope PS4 will be powerful enough to have perfect shadows, HD textures for visible horizon and no tearing nor other flaws so it would be finally make it possible to develope as perfect driving simulator as possible.

Black cockpit view is better than no cockpit view at all as the drivers POV is still there but of course fully detailed interiors are the best.

0 Kudos

/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Being able to do detailed interiors for hundreds of lower-res cars is not the same as having the desire to do them. Kazunori says they want to devote their resources to new vehicles more than to old cars.

0 Kudos

/16

MastrGT

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

GTuristi wrote:
Ok, I just thought as GT5 Prologue didn't have this kind of shadows

Two things...

Players complained bitterly about Prologue's shadows, so I am not sure what you mean. GT5's shadows were an improvement over Prologue's.

Plus, I thought that you were referring more to jaggies, which are the results of the hardware limitations.

0 Kudos

/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution