Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: black cockpit view in gt5

Guedes747 wrote: Fresh DLC's & Updates are the key for now, not a new game.

Yep, I strongly agree with that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

And yet, if tomorrow you were given the choice of getting new GT5 DLC, or walking into the stores to buy a newly released copy of GT6, I kinda think I know what your choice would be.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Tassie_tiger escreveu:

And yet, if tomorrow you were given the choice of getting new GT5 DLC, or walking into the stores to buy a newly released copy of GT6, I kinda think I know what your choice would be.:smileywink:

That would generate a lot of controversy between PD and the players because they would be doing the same thing Activision does with their costumers and CoD series, release same game with a few new things, publish pricy DLC's a year passes, hence & repeat. Polyphony did something different and no one raised any complains, from what I've seen, they re-released the same game but with a fair price and all the add-on's included and called it Gran Turismo 5 XL, they did not make a NEW game out of it, its just a more complete version of GT5.
I just think that, with the new ability of buying 'expansions' for your games (DLC's), there is no need for a release of a similar game every 1 or 2 years for the same platform. On PS2 days it was ok and welcome because we didn't have an alternative, there was no PSN or Playstation Store.
I guarantee you, if Polyphony does release a Gran Turismo 6 as a Gran Turismo 5 but with more premium cars and a few new tracks, there is going to be a lot of discontent from the majority of the players. And again I say, they have mentioned that Gran Turismo 5 was allready limited due to the Playstation 3's hardware, I don't think they can change that on a new game, so GT6 wouldn't be very much diferent than GT5 if they released it for this platform.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Mine wasn't meant to come across as such a serious reply.

More stating the obvious that most would be more interested in buying GT6 than GT5 DLC.

Well, I for one would.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

As GT5 has been the first game in this series which includes online features, they can take that experience and design GT6 with that in mind. For example in the beginning of GT5, people found glitches which made them able to win the races unfairly and those glitches had to be fixed with updates.

If there will be GT6 for PS3, most important fix - if possible - is the shadows.

I personally could live with GT5 and additional DLC cars & tracks until PS4 and next Gran Turismo is released, unless of course they're something like 5-10 years ahead :smileytongue:

I hope that eventually all Standard cars will be converted to Premium either by GT5 DLC or in GT6 release (+ DLC).

I like what was included in the last car pack, something for everyone, new and old cars, street and racecars, for example Nissan Leaf as a new car and VW Beetle which was already in the game in Standard version, was made in newer version and Premium quality. This is exactly what I hope to see in the future DLC packs as well :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

How about them black cockpits eh.:smileywink:

Personally, it's not an issue as I prefer to drive with the full car view.

But I do understand, and have read many posts regarding this issue.

(Regarding the other off topic subject, considering there have been quite a few serious and well thought-out posts, perhaps someone would like to crack open a fresh thread on the topic)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

GTuristi wrote:

If there will be GT6 for PS3, most important fix - if possible - is the shadows.

Do you mean regarding the PS3's anti-aliasing limitations.

Forget about them. PD may be able to slightly improve them, but the hardware is getting in their way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24 (322 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Tassie_tiger wrote:

I have no idea how DLC and older games work. I only "play" Gran Turismo 5. If they released GT6, would they still bother with DLC for an earlier version of the game? If they did, then I would buy the DLC for GT5 and then wait a year or two for GT6 to go through all of its growing pains. Then, when I am convinced that GT6 has settled down to be a robust game, then I would make the purchase.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

*deleted*

BTW, how about those black cockpits .........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24 (315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

eh? Oh, yeah, black cockpit screens... Doesn't effect me cos I rarely use that view. I mean, it is nice to be able to see inside the car, but I find it to be too distracting. If I do use that view it is more than likely while I am inside the Caterham.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24 (286 Views)
0 Kudos