23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

not enough memory?

59 Replies 19,602 Views Created 09-12-2010

After i updated my GT5 to latest everytime i try run the game i says not enough memory 32mb.

i checked and i have 120gigs free on my HDD.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Wealthypoets

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wealthypoets
Accepted Solution

Back-up your "bad" save data before you install this update, but make sure you keep any earlier "good" back-ups as well. 

Here's why:

Just downloaded the update. The game now loads but the existing save file isn't right.

It retained my a-spec and b-spec levels and my wallet amount, which is unfortunately not much money. This may be a problem, but I'll get to that in a bit.

It still has all of my photos, replays, and downloaded and created tracks.

It still has all of my b-spec drivers.

It still has my in-game avatar.

Everything else is wrong.

It re-awarded me all of the prizes you get for increasing levels. It gave me the cars I got for pre-ordering.

It gave me a go-kart. I can't remember if that's normal or not when you start a new game.

It gave me a Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel. This makes sense in that I had already earned one. However...

I no longer have credit for completing any of the special events. I had all golds...

I now have bronze medals for the first 9 tests in each of the licenses. The tenth in each is not yet completed. That's 54 bronze, 0 silver, 0 gold. I had 60 golds.

I no longer have any cars in my garage, except for the aforementioned pre-order cars, go-kart, and X2010.  I had almost 600 cars...

I have only the five museum cards that I was awarded for logging in today. I had several hundred before...

I no longer have the hundreds of paint samples (or whatever they're called) that I had amassed. I have five which were awarded to me today with the five museum cards.

I don't seem to have any of the horns that I had earned (although I don't even know what they are good for).

So the bulk of what was valuable in my save file is gone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I just thought that Polyphony would be nice enough to properly repair the save file that they broke. I could have started a new game without the update if I knew this would be the fix...

I guess their fix was to scoop all of your accomplishments out of your save file to shrink it down until they can actually fix the root problem.

Oh, it also has rewarded me twice, apparently randomly while I went around learning how much I was missing, with a prize car ticket for running a race 100 times or driving 2000 km.  I'm not sure how that would be possible considering the game thinks I haven't accomplished anything yet. This behaviour feels very glitchy and unstable. I'm not sure I trust this update...

And as I mentioned earlier, it correctly remembered my wallet amount, which could be bad for some people. It won't let you enter any races until you buy your "first" car.  Even with the cars in my garage from the pre-order bonus, it still demands that you buy another car. I have only 4500 credits at the moment (I always spend until I'm out of cash; I want to own every car). So I might not be able to buy a car....

I highly recommend that you back-up the bad save file AND also keep any earlier GOOD back-ups before you install this update.  The save icon was on the screen quite a bit before I realized that most of my stuff was gone. I assume that this save data is now permanently stripped down to almost nothing.

Fortunately, I have a back-up of my save data from a few days before this all happened, so all I have to do is re-race the 4 hour Nurburgring endurance race and buy a few cars to be back to where I was...

That is, assuming that my previous back-up save data works, and that this update doesn't ruin it too.

I'm feeling a bit tentative about loading the old save file back in, so I was hoping to hear from someone who had already done so.  If you've successfully restored an old save since updating to 1.06, please let me know.

I'd also like to hear about anyone who's having similar problems, just to see if this is an isolated incident.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to be brave and reinstall the old save without your reassurances.

0 Kudos

Re: not enough memory?

[ Edited ]
/16

Teurastaja

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Teurastaja
Accepted Solution
I have exactly the same problem as Wealthypoets. I had over 500 cars, Gold in every license and most A-, B-Spec and Special events. Now I only have my experience points and money left, everything else is gone. Luckily I saved my save file to USB stick, so didn't lose them forever (hopefully).
0 Kudos

/16

Wealthypoets

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wealthypoets
Accepted Solution

Impatience overruled cowardice and I installed my old save. Everything went well.

I can also say that the update did not hurt my wife's save data (which I forgot to back-up first, oops), although she had not yet run into the problem that we had. The nice thing is that I sent her the X2010 that my crap save file had in it.

I hope everyone who had the save data issue had good back-ups. If so, then all is more or less well, and we have some new features to enjoy now that we can play again.

I'm off to regain the little bit of ground that I had lost.

Good luck to everyone recovering from this.

To those of you who had no back-up: my deepest condolences.

0 Kudos

/16

O-Live57

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
O-Live57
Accepted Solution

I have exactly the same problem... I lost around 180 cars, all my gold licenses medal are gone, and my special events too (I only needed to get gold in 3 AMG Driving School events and in the Alfa Grand Tour)...

Infortunately, the problem is that I don't have a "clean" back up save...

I was expecting that the problem will not be reversed by the update, but I was still hoping for...

I'm not AT ALL satisfied with that update... Polyphony Digital corrupted my savegame with an incredibly noobish programming error, and they're not even able to repair it? I'm just furious...

Ok, I'm done with that stupid game, and with the whole Gran Turismo series (I completed every episodes, except "prologue-style" iterations)...

Congratz Mr Kaz, you just lost a trusty customer, with your bull$hits...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

STEVE856602

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
STEVE856602
Accepted Solution

To bad man

:(

0 Kudos

/16

DjAladdinUSA

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DjAladdinUSA
Accepted Solution

Da-mn.

I was hoping this patch would have been the answer.

From reading posts it apparently is not.

Installing the update now as my PS3 is back.

Load the earlier, not over 4165KB save.

My gamer-heart goes out to the individuals who do not have that option.

I guess it's just about over.

Can't play with the same vigor as before.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ABBOO74

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ABBOO74
Accepted Solution
i have the reason,and the solution.The game you have is from a bundle,bought with console,borrow a shop bought copy after deleting old saved data from your update,put the shop bought in and it will work.abboo74
0 Kudos

/16

pivottt

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pivottt
Accepted Solution

Um, no it's not from a bundle. I bought it at EB Games. But there is a new update, 2.01

I'll try it out. I deleted all my GT5 data and everything about GT5 on my HDD before downloading.

Only 5 hours to wait before testing. (Yup, more than 3 loading and more than 1 installing)

0 Kudos

/16

STEVE856602

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
STEVE856602
Accepted Solution

PLEASE HOW CAN WE CONTACT TO POLYPHONY OR KAZUNORI......

MANY THANXXX.....

FOR THOSE WHO DESERVE'EM.........

0 Kudos

/16

henrychiu007

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
henrychiu007
Accepted Solution

I got a 0x0000000b [136], haven't found much about it anywhere tho... and my save file's only like 800kb

Good thing I backed up a few weeks ago, but I feel bummed having to do stuff over again... especially getting gold for the Vettel challenge again

Is Poly even aware of this problem? Having taken so many years to develop the game I would have thought game save issues would be the least of their problems...

p.s. just did the 1.07 update, still no good... guess i'll give up on gt5 and go back to gt4

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

o_RED_NECK_o

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
o_RED_NECK_o
Accepted Solution

I got the same error today, I have plenty of space on my hard drive and my save file isnt near 4000k, I replaced my save file with one from a few weeks ago and no problems so far.  I have patch 1.10 installed

0 Kudos

/16

The4thViewer

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The4thViewer
Accepted Solution

How many museum cards do you have?   I have nearly 1200 now and I'm glad to say (touch wood) that I've not had a problem since they fixed it.

BTW I have nearly 650 dupe cards now and I'm in need of a new trading buddy, anyone else in similar need?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

KELLSTER50

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KELLSTER50
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem as all you guys but mine is different, I only started playing for two days when I got the update 1.10 now it says I need 32mb of memory when I have 40gb free, error code 0x00000001 (203). the game never goes past a screen saying "online play is subject to the gran turismo 5 terms of use" whats different about my case is that my save file isnt anywhere near 4185kb its 365 kb, im level 17 a and 12 b cause ive only had the game for a few days so i dont have tons of cars and i dont even know what a museum card is? ive never been in the museum. i dont know what to do and any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

/16

Spockwad

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spockwad
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know a way of bulk deleting Museum Cards? I must have hundreds of them, never used them, never looked at them, just see them as a bit of a pointless waste of time and memory. Dont really fancy individually deleting each one.

0 Kudos

/16

WyattLightning

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WyattLightning
Accepted Solution

The way to bulk remove your museum cards:  I know how, but you're not going to like it. Format your PS3 like I did. It only takes 9hrs & 21 minutes. Then when you restart the game PSN will want to load all the updates. That takes a good while, especially on the 10th update. Thank all that's Holy that there's only 24 updates. Next align  the 4 corners to your television screen (sound familiar?) That's right all the museum cards are gone. Not to mention, your pictures, your $$$$, your 40/40 rank, your COMPLETE COLLECTION of Cudas, Chevelles, '69 SS Camaros, '69 Z28 Camaros (STD GARAGE), & RUFs. ALL THE COLORS w/ZERO usages. PLUS, I still get the insufficiant memory balloney with this code: 0X0000000b [60]. THANK YOU playstation. I'd also like to thank psn for turning off the servers to MOTORSTORM PACIFIC RIFT. I guess there just isn't enough servers to go around for a great racing game when it can be replaced by one more BLOOD & GUTS GAME.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MastrGT

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

KELLSTER50 wrote:

I have the same problem as all you guys but mine is different, I only started playing for two days when I got the update 1.10 now it says I need 32mb of memory when I have 40gb free, error code 0x00000001 (203). the game never goes past a screen saying "online play is subject to the gran turismo 5 terms of use" whats different about my case is that my save file isnt anywhere near 4185kb its 365 kb, im level 17 a and 12 b cause ive only had the game for a few days so i dont have tons of cars and i dont even know what a museum card is? ive never been in the museum. i dont know what to do and any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks in advance.

This error is not the same one as the 4K limit error, which was supposed to be fixed in v1.06.

0 Kudos

/16

pivottt

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pivottt
Accepted Solution

I didn't play the game yet and I have this. We can't even get to the main menu, it says the error 0x00000015 before that, just after the install proposition screen. I bought a game and I can't play. Internet updates is the worst invention ever made in the videogame industry, as it makes devs sell unfinished games.

0 Kudos

/16

yasu_0406

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
yasu_0406
Accepted Solution

Really annoying!!!!! The game worked perfectly until I went online for the first time. The update seems to have corrupted the game in some way.

I get the same 32mb error now and can't paly anymore. Anyone found a work around?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel