Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: not enough memory?

Ok 1.05 update puts A SAVE GAME LIMITS......

I tell you why i ended that......

I DELETE the 1.05 update and i load the game with my......"corrupetd" save file and its starts.............BUT......

It WON'T let me play.......

It shows the cursor load and load but it doesn't it just DON'T let me play because of the update.......

I'M DEADLY SURE THAT IS A SAVE LIMIT........

AND OF COURSE IT BECAME FROM THE 1.05 UPDATE.....

BUT WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY..............???????

AAAAAAAAAAA...........

I'M TOTALLY ****** OF......

SOMEONE SPEAK WITH POLYPHONY OR KAZUNORI......

PLEEEAZZZZZZZZZZZZ........!!!

It allow's you to play ONLY ARCADE MODE......
But when you get in a race......and finish it.........when you gonna get out when you finish at the (start-replay-save replay-customize-exit) menu it WILL FROZE.....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 60 (2,831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

PLEASE HOW CAN WE CONTACT TO POLYPHONY OR KAZUNORI......

MANY THANXXX.....

FOR THOSE WHO DESERVE'EM.........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 60 (2,830 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

DjAladdinUSA wrote:

The catch is this, you will run into the error again.

I assumed as much, but I was going to try deleting a bunch or all of the museum cards after installing the old save.  You think that would work?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 60 (2,807 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wealthypoets wrote:

I assumed as much, but I was going to try deleting a bunch or all of the museum cards after installing the old save.  You think that would work?

Wealthy:  As far as I understand the game, you can no longer delete the museum cards.  The options are forward (to next card),  back (to previous), give to friend, and close.

When we first got the game, there WAS an option to delete.  A little garbage can thing, but that is gone when v1.05 came out (or 1.06 I forgot which one is current)

If you can delete the cards post up will ya?:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 60 (2,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Unfortunately, You cannot delete your museum cards. Even if you start sending them away 5 per day to an another account for saving savefile size, nothing is going to change because the data of the recently viewed museum cards have already been written to the savefile. As much as I understand, it keeps them for future use, even if you no longer have the cards. Also, the clear cache option in the GT5 settings does nothing to the size of savefile.

I have been using the museum feature everyday having more than 15 new cards each day (10 more or less from the game + dupes from friends) and I was viewing ALL the museum company/cards everyday to find my dupes and send them away (to my friends). That's the problem... Seeing is believing, oops sorry is growing (the savefile I mean). Now, with an old backup file I use the last past days (around 3800KBs) and I 'm still receiving new museum cards BUT I no longer use the museum feature, so if I don't see the new cards/bitmaps my savefile size will not grow much (about 2KB per game section).

The museum feature I suppose stacks up around 10KBs per VIEWED museum card, plus 1KB more or less per new car with its upgrades/colour and other stuff, and those info plus the horns are saved to the GT5.x files. Money/Races/Levels/rest of changes/etc. I think that are saved either at the end of the latest GT5.x or more logically at the param.pfd file.

My advice to all the GT5 players remains the same: BACKUP your save, STOP using the museum feature (meaning use it to see the cards you have - the images), WATCH the size of your savefile. BE almost sure that the 4165KB is an dead zone for your savefile unless an new title update releases that solves that problem.

I, would also be very careful if I had a savefile around 2048KBs. The same problem many of us have with the creation of GT5.2 file, might appear as an error to those of you that have only GT5.0 file and the game is going to try and create the new GT5.1 file (if you understand what I mean). I believe that the recently released title update from PD (1.05), messed up the formerly well worked system of gamesave by patching it and unlocking it (the company I mean PD). If you already had an GT5.x file then you are safe until that reaches the size of 2048KB and the game needs an new GT5.x+1 file. I stopped playing GT5 with the same passion as the last 2,5 months and I am not going to risk more gamehours on a game with savefile problems, at least before an new update released from PD.

I hope that our voices of desperation and warning to other players reaches out to the ears of PD and fix the problem, before comes as an plaque upon the heads of many thousands of players. OK, that's a bit catastrophic but I suppose playing GT5 every single day for 2,5 months in order to loose all that you have achieved and get an error that prompts you to start all over is a little catastrophe to anyone of us.

I am sorry if my English are not so good, it is not my language.

Plus the fact that my post is damn too long!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 60 (2,766 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well I'm sure its been asked more than once in here but I've just been hit this error full in the face I feel its my turn to ask.

I take it PD know about this??  Are they trying to fix it?  Is there an offical word on it?

I've been collecting cards with no idea that I was arming a timebomb ready to take out my savegame.

They could have at the VERY LEAST warned us.

I backed up last week but that save will be very large too.  Will it die if I keep buying cars or is it just from viewing cards?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 60 (2,742 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Excellent Post Nek_Food.

Not trying to be mean but I am glad it has started to happening to other players.  That means it is NOT our PS3's doing something wrong.  It ALSO means that when the plague strikes, PD will have no choice but to update with a patch.  Which at this point seems to be the only remedy.

Your post may have been long, but well written.  I will confirm the museum viewing does in fact increase the size of the gamesave, substantialy. I too loaded an older save that works but is also teetering on edge.  Unfortunately, the disc drive stopped spinning and now to add insult, my PS3 needs to be repaired. 

My Brand New PS3 needs to be repaired.

I have to see it as a blessing that it happened now, while I can't even load my game, rather than later, should PD release a patch.

To the 4th Viewer:

It seems that your save is going to be hit soon.  Advice: play offline as to not acquire anymore museum cards.  It is absolutely a timb bomb.  I don't think PD knows and if they do, not yet acknowledging the "virus" that is in their game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 60 (2,729 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hopefully, it seems that Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital are now aware of the problem...

http://www.gtplanet.net/this-gran-turismo-5-bug-can-kill-your-game/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 60 (1,992 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the awesome news O-Live!

Let's hope everything is resolved...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 60 (1,981 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeah, we can only hope... I don't wanna lose my progress... Fingers crossed...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 60 (1,962 Views)
0 Kudos