Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

02 Feb 2012
By: deadpeasant Member 223 Posts
Level 3

standard cars in gt6?

19 Replies 1162 Views Created 02-02-2012
so i got my second birthday car yesterday. A humble isuzu piazza xe '81 and it got me thinking. If there are only premiums in gt6 then a lot of these obscure cars will be dropped in favour of newer cars. This might cause a drop in the scope of the car selection in gt6.

With this in mind, i wouldnt be averse to keeping the current crop of standards in addition to the new additions in gt6. At least it wud keep the car selection high. What do the rest of you think?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (1,162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: standard cars in gt6?

happy birthday 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (1,121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

deadpeasant wrote:

With this in mind, i wouldnt be averse to keeping the current crop of standards in addition to the new additions in gt6. At least it wud keep the car selection high. What do the rest of you think?

Happy Birthday, deadpeasant!

PD will likely keep the current cars in GT6, but it is anybody's guess what resolution they will be in, really.

Keep in mind, each car still has to be individually licenced, too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

thanks for that! well yeah i know but the selection of cars makes gran turismo what it is, it would be a shame to lose that.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (1,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I dont care if they keep these cars but i dont want them standard... they shlould all be to the same quality level as premium cars

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

That's all well and good, deadpeasant, but it took PD how many years to come out with about only 200 Premiums initially in GT5, and Kaz had said that he wants to look towards doing new cars more than the old ones, so how long do you propose that we wait while they add in the other 800 or so?

It's nice to want the higher quality of the Premium cars, but it looks as if the Standard ones will be around for a while longer, if PD wants these cars in GT and if PD keeps working on giving us new ones, too. If it was a quick / easy / simple task to convert them, time would not be a concern.

However, this is a beaten-dead-horse subject.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

A lot of those cars have the same interiors like the many skylines, mx5s and evos etc... Plus there are other games which have managed over 300 cars with interiors. Even the premium cars lack a "new car" gloss. In photo mode that's the main thing that let's them down. The cars aren't shiney enough and the shadows do my head in. Let's face it they could have done a lot more graphic wise with the time given. In my own opinion standard cars on gt5 are the worst looking out of any car game of this time. Not to mention very few of them sound like they do in real life.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I only point this stuff out in hope it will be fixed for gt6.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (964 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Oh come on people, we haven't even got GT5 sorted yet & your starting to worry about GT6?

Guys your talking about a game that 18 months ago was (in Katunori Yamauchi's own words "GT5 is the last") never going to be. lt took 5 years to get launched (& it's only now 14 months later, getting close to what it should have been on release) & an interim GT5 Prologue version to sweeeten us GT fans (information gathering database in reality).

Based on the fact that GT5 (7.3m) flopped by GT3 (14.9m) & GT4 (11.3m) standards it was a naff game @ launch & I know a quite a few die hard fans who sold it within a week, & who only now regret.

By the time they polish GT5 & really crack on with GT6, technological advancements will be giving Katunori Yamauchi & his team even greater dilemma's than they did with GT5.

By the time it's ready, circa 2018+ going by GT3 to GT4 & GT4 to  GT5 release's (dont forget we'll have GT6 Epilogue or whatever beforehand for information gathering & data analyses) there will likely be a facility to transfer your entire garage across to it @ some point. Possibly in the format of say 100% race completion or something? They might even decide to just have cars never seen before in any previous versions which would be a refreshing change from the same old same old cars we see in all 5 full versions of the GT series (maybe l've just answered your question & we will stay with the same old "Trademark" cars like the Chapperal's etc too?) Just a couple of theological idea's & anything somewhere between the two is as close as we are likely to be reguarding what Katunori Yamauchi has planed so far & what his final version will be. You guys are getting worried about things too far in the future to even try to contemplate or deliberate, let alone be right. Stop flogging a dead horse & lets see what the demo's & official press releases say about content etc nearer the time. This is an age old thread reguarding the GT series & "PEER PRESSURE" results in a poor game @ lauch. l for one don't want a repeat of GT5's lack of playability (analogue stick) reguarding Red Bull X2010 & GT Formula Racer in first few weeks or the inability to save a 24hr race ruining several weekends in A spec. The 1 good feature in the early days was the cloning of all cars. They ruined that early on with capping daily limits & maximum cost & never gave us serious money making races to buy the mega expensive used cars when they appeared (occasionally we do now though). l'm going on too much now, but just venting my frustrations @ the game series that aledgedly sets the standards for others to follow & in that respect GT5 lost serious ground to the so called "competion." (the only driving simulator has competition?" I Guess by competition, they mean other driving games?

So stop worrying about things on the far distant horizon & focus on the things that are current. Like GT5 issues for instance. Getting GT5 sorted will aid GT6 in respect that Katsunori Yamauchi himself has said issues that cannot be fixed via dlc updates etc will be fixed in GT6.

***If your parents/grandparents or even great grandparents are/were video gamers, then you cannot possibly be a 1st generation gamer.***

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (951 Views)
0 Kudos

hopefully gt6 will let u import cars from gt5 like forza 4 u can import cars from forza 3
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (900 Views)
0 Kudos