Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: GTA 4+PS3 Slim = Glitchy and Help!

mooogleboi wrote:

No problems with my slim (3.01) and GTA IV (1.04). Been playing GTA IV since the beginning of September on this and I haven't had anything bad like that.

I'd say you've got a faulty unit if it does anything weird on any other game...

Yea well it's starting to ***** me off. I haven't seen any other issues in any of my other games, but then again, I haven't got that many games at the moment...If I do have a faulty unit I am going to rage so hard lol, maybe I could reinstall without the v1.04 patch? But then I won't be able to get trophies...Is there any way to patch to less than v1.04?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17 (992 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yeah, simply delete GTA IV through the gamedata facility and disconnect your PS3 from the internet. If I'm right, you'll be able to play it patchless.

There is the possibility that it could be a badly pressed copy... but I think anything like that would affect a whole batch of copies and soon be made known. But yeah, delete GTA IV's data from the hard drive (NOT your profile or save data) and launch the game again.

Keep us updated =]

Message Edited by mooogleboi on 26-10-2009 04:21 PM

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17 (956 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
See if you can borrow a GTAIV game disc from someone you know.
Try that, to see if it's your disc that's faulty.
Message Edited by planet_lee on 26-10-2009 06:19 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17 (944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I can report that GTA4 worked just fine today in my slim console.

I played for about 45 minutes to see if there would be any issues but everything was fine.

As someone has previously mentioned, it's most likely a fault with the console, overheating gpu perhaps.

As it's a slim you sould still be able to take it back to the shop for a replacement.

Make sure you backup all your saves first though.

Message Edited by Tsjarlie on 26-10-2009 07:01 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17 (939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm not so sure that it is his PS3.
He would have seen the same results on other games, GTAIV doesn't 'do' anything that other games don't (if you know what I mean).
If it's not a corrupted install, It's a corrupted game disc, has to be.

But I'm more than happy to be wrong.

The strange thing is, why doesn't the game crash before the graphics errors ?
It seems that the game (engine) can play along nicely, without crashing, but at the same time throw up graphical anomalies.
Very strange indeed.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17 (926 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

planet_lee wrote:
See if you can borrow a GTAIV game disc from someone you know.
Try that, to see if it's your disc that's faulty.
Message Edited by planet_lee on 26-10-2009 06:19 PM

My friend just got a PS3 Slim, so I might give the disc to him in the near future to see if he has any problems. If so, it may be a game disc problem. If it is, I'm gonna be pi$$ed because it'll mean I probably have to spend another double digit amount of money (I bought the game off a internet site - TradeMe) 
Message Edited by Braden_rules on 27-10-2009 03:49 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17 (909 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey, ive been javing the same issue.  the game installed just fine.  i started playing and them on a couple missions where you have to drive to another part of the city, the road in front of me would become invisible and then i would fall into the map and not be able to get out.  its the weirdest thing. 

so i uninstalled the game and no that im trying to re-install the game, it gets stuck at about 3/4 of the way and i wuld have to restart the ps3.

ive deleted all the info off my ps3 and reformatted the whole darn thing..   but ijust cant get gta3 to install.  and it does not have any scratches on the disc, it is brand new...

anyone know the fix?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17 (435 Views)
0 Kudos