60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

GTA Freezing?

42 Replies 1,725 Views Created 30-04-2008
**bleep** its just starts locking up and freezing all the time its ***** me off like, im going to have to reinstall which i shouldn't have to do in the first place :@
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

AziLeung

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AziLeung
Accepted Solution

just did the same thing to me as well. lucky i was playing around, not on a mission! 1st time its done it. but probs it was cos i left it on for bout 5 hours.

0 Kudos

Re: GTA Freezing?

/16

aridane1980

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aridane1980
Accepted Solution

There's a post about this already. I will copy what I wrote there:

So, this is getting funny... I didn't have any problems at all when playing the first night, but last night my GTA4 froze 3 times in less than an hour!! The first time it happened was when I finished the multiplayer tutorial; the second after leaving the game on pause for five minutes, and the third time was when I just started the sixaxis tutorial!! Everytime I had to turn off the console I had to keep pressing the on/off button for about 5 seconds. Why don't you try to do the same tutorials and pause the game to check if you are saved from this issue? Good luck!

Come on guys, has someone tried it?

Mensaje editado por aridane1980 en 01-05-2008 12:03 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

BLACK13

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BLACK13
Accepted Solution
I've had it freeze twice, once when i paused it on the map screen to make a cup of tea, n once when the game tried 2 save after taking the girl bowling ,i've also had it pause like as if it was loading something 4 a couple seconds as well 3 or 4 times NOT A HAPPY BUNNY, loving the game other than that
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BLACK13

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BLACK13
Accepted Solution
My PS3 is a 60GB version recieved on launch day ,recently upgraded with 250GB HDD, no problems with other games at all either ,what about anyone else?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SpikyCat

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpikyCat
Accepted Solution

BLACK13 wrote:
My PS3 is a 60GB version recieved on launch day ,recently upgraded with 250GB HDD, no problems with other games at all either ,what about anyone else?
Yes, I'm having the same problems, and mine is also a 60GB with an upgrade to 250GB. Had several lockups last night, and just stopped playing in the end. Played again tonight with no problem, except for my DS3 functioning incorrectly when I went into the pause menu. The only button that would work was the PS button (i.e. couldn't scroll through menus or exit the pause menu using circle). I used the PS button to turn off the controller, and turned it back on again - was fine after that. However, on exiting the game via the PS button menu, the PS3 paused for ages before giving three beeps and shutting down (rather than going back to the XMB).
0 Kudos

Check out my blog: http://www.spikycat.com/
/16

Snake125

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snake125
Accepted Solution
me to twice in about an hour, it's not just the ps3 having this problem the 360 is to, it's got to but the game, rockstar better do something to fix this.
0 Kudos

/16

metalpaul1000

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
metalpaul1000
Accepted Solution
i find not being logged in to PSN prevents crashing.
0 Kudos

/16

RALLYDRIVER

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RALLYDRIVER
Accepted Solution
i haven't had it lock up or freeze on my 60gb ps3 yet & had it on for 2hrs last night.    i haven't taken it online yet so it might be worth trying it offline & see if it cures the problem.
0 Kudos

www.ps3trophies.co.uk
/16

spacepuddle

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spacepuddle
Accepted Solution
I have a 60GB PS3 and Ive been playing the game about 12 hours. It hasn't crashed once. Im supprised so many people are having this problem. Ive also used the multiplayer option and that worked fine too.
0 Kudos

/16

Sumakiro

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sumakiro
Accepted Solution

I've the 60GB, all original with 2.3 firmware.

Have only played on GTA IV for an hour or so. Encountered the freezing / crashing when I did the sixaxis tutorial. Loading the gun was fine, but when I started going round the circuit on the motorbike everything just froze, accept the music. My PS3 wouldn't respond to any of my controllers commands, I turned on my spare and couldn't get control. Only get out was the power button for 5 secs (the touch sensitive one as opposed to switch).

Thought I'd share, just in case it becomes a common issue at certain parts of the game doing certain things - then maybe developers can track it down.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

edgefusion

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
edgefusion
Accepted Solution

I seriously hope I don't run into any of these lock-up problems but I fear I may be experiencing the beginnings of them. The game keeps locking up for a second every now and then, it's not major right now and I hope it doesn't get worse or else I'm gonna be pretty unhappy.

I hope Rockstar issue a fix soon. 

0 Kudos

/16

toonca

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
toonca
Accepted Solution
I have a PS3 with a 250Gb HDD, from a 60Gb UK model. I must admit, I've had no problems at all, apart from the joy of being thrown through the windscreen in a head-on collision... Sorry dude.
0 Kudos

/16

R_07

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
R_07
Accepted Solution

Mine has frozen once, for about a second, then play resumed, god knows why....

It happened as I started walking after a cutscene had just ended.

Maybe the game demands too much of itself?

I'm all good for now though, although it's really tempting to cheat and spawn a helicopter lol!

Yet to try the cover-system, looks good though!

0 Kudos

/16

Slackbladder

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Slackbladder
Accepted Solution

I have had the game freeze than start after 10 seconds and I have had it crash when exiting the multiplayer tutorial. Apart from that it's been fine. The frame rate has not been too bad, though I'm expecting there to be one or two problems in the future as it's rarely at a full 30 fps.
0 Kudos

/16

aridane1980

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aridane1980
Accepted Solution

Slackbladder ha escrito:

I have had the game freeze than start after 10 seconds and I have had it crash when exiting the multiplayer tutorial. Apart from that it's been fine. The frame rate has not been too bad, though I'm expecting there to be one or two problems in the future as it's rarely at a full 30 fps.
Exiting the multiplayer tutorial? ME TOO!! XD There's a problem for sure. Now we are 3 people with a crash when exiting the multiplayer tutorial. Now try the SIXAXIS tutorial... Good luck! XD
Thank God Rockstar is working a solution!
0 Kudos

/16

KrixBOI

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrixBOI
Accepted Solution

GTA just froze on me too 23 hours in. I haven't used the multiplayer yet, but wen this happened the green 

light on my ps3 started to blink like crazy. I tried to boot it up again and it froze again. I tried to delete the game 

data and take a reinstall, but nothing. 

Then I remembered the green blinking light, and I disabled my internet connection. IT WORKS ANGAIN!!!

I think that the game tried to connect to the servers to do something when it froze.

I also tried to enable my internet connection again and it freezes again. So no multiplayer for me?

Message Edited by KrixBOI on 03-05-2008 02:50 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

aridane1980

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aridane1980
Accepted Solution

OMG! That was like reading a Stephen King's book!! That is worst than a "simple" crash! Rockstar, be quick!!

0 Kudos

/16

KrixBOI

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrixBOI
Accepted Solution

I think it tries to contact the servers for stattracking, the social club, and fails (the green light). I also noticed this when it auto-saves sometimes. And some small hiccups in framerate when the green light is blinking.

Edit:

I just tried to just sign out of psn before I booted the game, and it worked! and I can sign in to multiplayer from the game. strange.

Message Edited by KrixBOI on 03-05-2008 03:18 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

hartstyle

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hartstyle
Accepted Solution

mine froze once last night...apart from that no problems at all

0 Kudos

'If at first you don't succeed, You fail'
/16

K1215H

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
K1215H
Accepted Solution

It seems to freeze on the 60gigs as it froze on my brothers 60gig ps3, but works fine on my 40gig.

no probs on the 60gig since disconecting from the psn. 

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel