30 Apr 2008
By Rittzy
Playstation Staff

GTA Freezing?

42 Replies 1,657 Views Created 30-04-2008
**bleep** its just starts locking up and freezing all the time its ***** me off like, im going to have to reinstall which i shouldn't have to do in the first place :@
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43 (1,657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GTA Freezing?

just did the same thing to me as well. lucky i was playing around, not on a mission! 1st time its done it. but probs it was cos i left it on for bout 5 hours.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43 (1,639 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There's a post about this already. I will copy what I wrote there:

So, this is getting funny... I didn't have any problems at all when playing the first night, but last night my GTA4 froze 3 times in less than an hour!! The first time it happened was when I finished the multiplayer tutorial; the second after leaving the game on pause for five minutes, and the third time was when I just started the sixaxis tutorial!! Everytime I had to turn off the console I had to keep pressing the on/off button for about 5 seconds. Why don't you try to do the same tutorials and pause the game to check if you are saved from this issue? Good luck!

Come on guys, has someone tried it?

Mensaje editado por aridane1980 en 01-05-2008 12:03 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43 (1,615 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've had it freeze twice, once when i paused it on the map screen to make a cup of tea, n once when the game tried 2 save after taking the girl bowling ,i've also had it pause like as if it was loading something 4 a couple seconds as well 3 or 4 times NOT A HAPPY BUNNY, loving the game other than that
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43 (1,616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My PS3 is a 60GB version recieved on launch day ,recently upgraded with 250GB HDD, no problems with other games at all either ,what about anyone else?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43 (1,607 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

BLACK13 wrote:
My PS3 is a 60GB version recieved on launch day ,recently upgraded with 250GB HDD, no problems with other games at all either ,what about anyone else?
Yes, I'm having the same problems, and mine is also a 60GB with an upgrade to 250GB. Had several lockups last night, and just stopped playing in the end. Played again tonight with no problem, except for my DS3 functioning incorrectly when I went into the pause menu. The only button that would work was the PS button (i.e. couldn't scroll through menus or exit the pause menu using circle). I used the PS button to turn off the controller, and turned it back on again - was fine after that. However, on exiting the game via the PS button menu, the PS3 paused for ages before giving three beeps and shutting down (rather than going back to the XMB).

Check out my blog: http://www.spikycat.com/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43 (1,585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

me to twice in about an hour, it's not just the ps3 having this problem the 360 is to, it's got to but the game, rockstar better do something to fix this.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43 (1,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i find not being logged in to PSN prevents crashing.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43 (1,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i haven't had it lock up or freeze on my 60gb ps3 yet & had it on for 2hrs last night.    i haven't taken it online yet so it might be worth trying it offline & see if it cures the problem.
www.ps3trophies.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43 (1,462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have a 60GB PS3 and Ive been playing the game about 12 hours. It hasn't crashed once. Im supprised so many people are having this problem. Ive also used the multiplayer option and that worked fine too.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43 (1,452 Views)
0 Kudos