18 Oct 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

GTA V Online. How to play?

30 Replies 10,211 Views Created 18-10-2013

Hi All,

I'm new to GTA and I'll admit I have no clue how it works or what I'm supposed to do.

The story mode bored me so I thought I'd try online... which was when I realised they (Rockstar?) forgot to make a game menu which left me searching for how to actually launch the online mode, but I managed to find someone who told me the secret hidden shortcut to getting online.

So, now I'm online. I've made my character, done the initial race (and won :smileyhappy: ), killed some poor guy for drugs and gave them to some other dude. Now what do I do?

I found this guide:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/gta-v-online-guide-how-to-play-what-to-do-how-to-earn-money-and-repu...

Which looks ok.. but it's not really clear.

I mean, "First objective: Steal a nice car". I done that, crashed it (oops), quit game and came back and it was gone.

So Question 1: Cars. How do we keep them? I don't think my guy has a house or anything - or at least the game hasnt told me if I do.

Question 2. "Second objective: Get a good gun" - Everything is locked. Do things unlock with reputation?

Question 3. "Third objective: Buy a garage"  - links back to Q1. Where do I buy these?

I got a list of websites you can 'supposedly' buy stuff from but none of them work. dynasty8realestate.com redirects to the GTAV website so I assume its broken?

Question 4. Missions - where are they? last thing i was told was to hold up a store. I was killed by the police (had something to do with passive mode) and since then i've not been told to do anything.

Finally Question 5. ATMs. Money. How does that work?

NOOB questions I know but the game doesn't explain anything deeply and I dont find it very intuitive.

Thanks,

GB

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Like". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (10,211 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: GTA V Online. How to play?

I'm a bit of a noob at this myself but thankfully being part of the OPC crew, there plenty of people to hold my hand and take me through everything at decent pace whilst also having lots of fun to boot.

So in turn I shall pass on what I found out or believe to be true.  Of course if anyone wants to correct me, please do so.

GoodBytes wrote:

So Question 1: Cars. How do we keep them? I don't think my guy has a house or anything - or at least the game hasnt told me if I do.

You go to Los Santos Garage and get them to add a tracker and insurance to a car of your choice.  That way it becomes "yours" and you can see where it is.

Question 2. "Second objective: Get a good gun" - Everything is locked. Do things unlock with reputation?

With missions, jobs and everything online you gain experience, with this you will rank up.  Certain ranks will unlock new clothes, guns, armour, car parts etc.

Question 3. "Third objective: Buy a garage"  - links back to Q1. Where do I buy these?

I got a list of websites you can 'supposedly' buy stuff from but none of them work. dynasty8realestate.com redirects to the GTAV website so I assume its broken?

Use your phone (in game phone) go to Money & Services, then Dynansty8realestate, then browse your choice of garages to buy.

Question 4. Missions - where are they? last thing i was told was to hold up a store. I was killed by the police (had something to do with passive mode) and since then i've not been told to do anything.

They appear on the  map or you can call people up on the phone.  The more you do the more you unlock.

Finally Question 5. ATMs. Money. How does that work?

You can deposit your money using ATM into your bank so it doesn't get robbed or lost when in free roam mode.  Alteratively just use your phone to browse to the bank and deposit money that way.

Message 2 of 31 (10,199 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

You can also get a free shotgun if you register on the Rockstar Social Club website and link your account.
Message 3 of 31 (10,190 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

dogwalker4000 wrote:
You can also get a free shotgun if you register on the Rockstar Social Club website and link your account.

And a free car as well once you've got a garage where it can be delivered. Just order it from the car website in-game.

Message 4 of 31 (10,186 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

im finding it hard to build cash everytime i seem to get any i need to spend it on ammo etc i cant see how i will ever be able to buy a $15000 apartment, how exactly do you bild cash quick?
LBP levels
EVOLUTION OF PLATFORM
THE ANNOMILY
psn mianta
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (10,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mianta wrote:
im finding it hard to build cash everytime i seem to get any i need to spend it on ammo etc i cant see how i will ever be able to buy a $15000 apartment, how exactly do you bild cash quick?

Steel a car and take it to Los Santos Customs to sell.  I'm not sure but I think the best one is the car that looks like a Range Rover, you get about $9000 but you can only do it once per game day.

I don't have a garage either so I can't store decent cars to sell.  I just set a way point for the customs and grab a decent looking 4 x 4 on route.  You usually get at least $5000

Photobucket
Message 6 of 31 (10,123 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re : GTA V Online. How to play?

I made 620,000$ so far stealing cars, good way to make easy money because no munitions are needed :smileywink:

Cadillac Escalade are 7000$ best second choice.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (10,049 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Supernova79 wrote:

dogwalker4000 wrote:

And a free car as well once you've got a garage where it can be delivered. Just order it from the car website in-game.

I haven't bought a garage yet, does that mean I still have a free car waiting for me?

Any car?

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (10,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re : GTA V Online. How to play?

Nadeah schreef:
I made 620,000$ so far stealing cars, good way to make easy money because no munitions are needed :smileywink:

Cadillac Escalade are 7000$ best second choice.

Not sure which car it was exactly, but you can get 8K for some ordinary sedans :smileyhappy:

Best (Ex)Community Moderator: Wretched_Hawk

Message 9 of 31 (10,027 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

tricky201 wrote:

Supernova79 wrote:

dogwalker4000 wrote:

I haven't bought a garage yet, does that mean I still have a free car waiting for me?

Any car?

You get a free car if you're on Social Club. It's the Elegy RH8, the same freebie you get in single player.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (10,021 Views)
0 Kudos