02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

GTA V Pre load

1,242 Replies 7,262 Views Created 12-09-2013

i pre ordered gta v on ps store!!! can i pre load it tomorrow??? coz it says auto download is on 13th

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September.

I will try to find out why the date has changed but its confirmed that the pre-download will be on the 16th.

SFZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: GTA V Pre load

/16

GunnerNiv

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GunnerNiv
Accepted Solution

Just spoke to a guy from the PSN who says they have no concrete information on when the game will be availabe for download, he went on to say that the date shown for download is provided by Rockstar and if it's to be made available for download today it could be anytime up to 9pm uk time.  

Rockstar however have closed their call center and are not taking calls in the UK.  

The guy I spoke to says they're waiting for more information but cannot guarantee any date shown on the store as it's solely Rockstar's place to adhere to whatever date's or time's shown and Playstation have no infuence on such things given that developers can change things at their own discretion.

Anyone looking to contact the PSN for information can find the number here:  http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/842/c/502/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3OTA3NjE0MC9zaWQv...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Chosen Few MC Recruiting here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_chosen_few_mc
Anyone who joins before 17th September will be given promotion to Representative.
/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution
so rockstar controls psn now?? sony dont know when a Company changes Things on their store sound like horse**** to me
0 Kudos

/16

GunnerNiv

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GunnerNiv
Accepted Solution
Snarling666. If you've watched Gamescom or E3 you'll have heard Sony talk about Indie publishers. When talking about this subject one thing has been repeated over and over. Publishers on the PSN have full control over pricing, release dates and pretty much everything else tied to their game. If a publisher places a game on there they can change everything at any time they want. Sony simply provide a platform for the developer to publish their title.
0 Kudos

Chosen Few MC Recruiting here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_chosen_few_mc
Anyone who joins before 17th September will be given promotion to Representative.
/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution
gunnerniv yeah but of course sony knows when people will start being able to preload its their servers we are downloading the preload from not rockstars
0 Kudos

/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution

the danish phone support costs 0.32 euro per minute *****

0 Kudos

/16

War-Childz-

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
War-Childz-
Accepted Solution

lol Cosmick.

If the frickin download is available by tonight latest i`ll be able to play on release day as planned.

if not, then i doubt i can download it in time.

Seriously wishing i`d stuck with my Amazon pre-order. £35 and delivery for release day hnghh!

*sharpens pitchfork*

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution
@thread starter this here is discussion forums nobody really cares about them.

if you want attention and sony to fix the pre-download you should start your own thread in support areas , post in the one i started:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/So-when-can-we-pre-download-GTA-...

or even better:

use any way to contact sony, eurogamer, press, sony management and press division, that you can find ;) hope we can play on tuesday...
0 Kudos

/16

jayashantha

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jayashantha
Accepted Solution
LOL @MASPALOMAZ this isnt a competition about threads man! this about our common problem! who cares about your ****
and why r u even posting and viewing this thread? LOL
0 Kudos

/16
79%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pedroantoniosanz
Accepted Solution

jayashantha escribió:
LOL @MASPALOMAZ this isnt a competition about threads man! this about our common problem! who cares about your ****

The other thread is in the support section, so it's not so far fetched that it will be checked more frequently than this one. It's not a competition, it's about writing in the thread that has more possibilities of getting sony's attention.

0 Kudos

/16

jayashantha

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jayashantha
Accepted Solution

pedroantoniosanz wrote:

jayashantha escribió:

The other thread is in the support section, so it's not so far fetched that it will be checked more frequently than this one. It's not a competition, it's about writing in the thread that has more possibilities of getting sony's attention.

go tell it to him man!! he is jealous about this thread and we all r looking for an solution to this pre load problem!! not about thread fights.

0 Kudos

/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution

the only positive thing left if preload is cancelled is that the in game load time may be reduced when its all on hard drive and not reading from disc

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

GunnerNiv

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GunnerNiv
Accepted Solution
Snarling666: another good point is two copies for the price of one if you own more than one console, and since my red dead redemption and GTAIV disk both failed whilst inside the machine you don't need to worry about breakages.

However I still feel the digital copy should be far cheaper than a disk.

Just hoping Rockstar pull their collective finger out and get something sorted.
0 Kudos

/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution

Gunnerniv yeah thats are good point there and i agree

and i still dont get why digital costs more its the same with steam and so on it should be cheaper no plastic or paper

just byte

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Gabrielcanabico

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gabrielcanabico
Accepted Solution

i hope psn fix today in spain a lot of people have the game today , just i want to preload ... at firts time can download 2 mnths ago and now we cat download de day of release .... are u ***** kiiding me ?

0 Kudos

/16

snarling666

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
snarling666
Accepted Solution
the release is the 17 sep if people have the game now then guess why
0 Kudos

/16

Chrololo

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chrololo
Accepted Solution

And Sony said that they are sorry for the leaked pre-download thing that hepened lol. 

A) you are laying

B) lol the irony

0 Kudos

/16

BreaKinGbAd666

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BreaKinGbAd666
Accepted Solution

Relax and take a breath, they advertised the EXPECTED (thats the operative word) date of the preload to be the 13th, if it changes then so be it, but as long as there is a preload you have what you want.

Any legit disappointment would be if Rockstar changed it last minute and Sony didn't bother to notify us about it, I also cancelled a physical pre order purely for the pre load so i can play it when the clock strikes 12 on monday night but as I write this we have only reached half of the day so it would be best if you dropped the pitchfork for now.

0 Kudos

/16

r1905675

74%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
r1905675
Accepted Solution

I can't belive that sony is so disorganized, if you put a date you must respect it.

If we can't download it before the 17th i want my 70€ of funds BACK!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Reesoid

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Reesoid
Accepted Solution

BreaKinGbAd666 wrote:

Relax and take a breath, they advertised the EXPECTED (thats the operative word) date of the preload to be the 13th, if it changes then so be it, but as long as there is a preload you have what you want.

Any legit disappointment would be if Rockstar changed it last minute and Sony didn't bother to notify us about it, I also cancelled a physical pre order purely for the pre load so i can play it when the clock strikes 12 on monday night but as I write this we have only reached half of the day so it would be best if you dropped the pitchfork for now.

No it does not say expected it says "Available for download on 13.09.2013"

0 Kudos

/16

GunnerNiv

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GunnerNiv
Accepted Solution

BreaKinGbAd666 The issue is the uncertainty of the whole thing, where some people are saying the expected download date is showing as 16th/17th yet others like myself are seeing the date as 13th.  All that's expected here is an honest and clear set of information about the dates.

As I've stated previously I have no issue with waiting if need be, but will not accept lies or false claims.  If I were to buy a tv and pay for next day delivery and then wait days for it's arrival I would not be a happy bunny, and I expect the same here.  

I pre ordered a digital copy knowing I could pre load it based on claims made in the store, I'm now seeking clarification over the exact date of the download.  

To put things in perspective try to imagine how some people in the UK will be feeling who still lumber along with speeds around 1mb, if they decided to go digital based on the expected 4 days time to download an install their game only then to face a longer waiting period before they can start, thus causing their day one purchase to become available way after the launch date purely due to their shocking internet speed.  I'm sure these people would feel ripped off.  

I'm in a lucky position of having a fiber connection and shouldn't have to wait too long after the release date/time.  I still want to know when I'll be able to start the download.  

0 Kudos

/16

ayebrother

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ayebrother
Accepted Solution

If they give us false information I will take legal proceeding against them.

Only reason why I pre ordered it and paid the extra amount of £

It will be a total joke and kick in the face is they screw us over, I don't play many games and GTA series is mainly the game I only play from the orginal to IV, I hope they can give us some info.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel