22 May 2008
Playstation Staff

GTA still not working online

12 Replies 832 Views Created 22-05-2008
I still haven't really played an online game without having the disconnection problem and still Rockstar or Sony haven't fixed it. It is so dissapointing :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GTA still not working online

Do you use a BT Homehub by any chance?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No, I'm with o2 broadband and have a o2 wireless router.  Does it as anything to do with BT homehub. I do have a BT landline
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (824 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well we did think it was to do with the BT Homehub, but now a few people are having the same problems on other routers. Im just going to try disabling my firewall and see if that works. Other than that though I dont know what to suggest, know one really knows whats happening with it all.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ajstyled wrote:
No, I'm with o2 broadband and have a o2 wireless router.  Does it as anything to do with BT homehub. I do have a BT landline
I'm with o2 also and get the same problem. Do you know which router you have? Seems like the only way to have it working perfectly is to use a different one. Although it does work for me when I make a custom game and set the slots to around 4-5 so that I'm hosting. Not many people join the games though and most people I invite cant join/get disconnected after a few seconds. Would be nice to hear something from Rockstar :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There seems to be an issue with the routers that your ISP gives you. eg BT - homehub and whatever the 02 one is. Try another decent router and it should work
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (809 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

For once the orange livebox triumphs with connecting the ps3

BT and 02 are the same company and both use bt phone lines so not really suprising these are the two most people have problems with

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (801 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Oh yeah, it didn't even occur to me that BT and O2 are the same company lol. The problem does seem to be related to them though. Not sure what it is, but its something to do with their connection or their equipment. I'm sure.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Mmm I haven't really played online yet, going to try this weekend, but I did manage to connect to test it with my Netgear Wireless WPN824v2 router and Virgin media broadband.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah I do think the main problem is due to the fact the Rockstar server can't handle GTA IV online. Luckily for those 360 owners the game is hosted on the miscrosoft live server and not by the Rockstar server. I don't think BT and o2 are the same company, or are they? I have a black box o2 router. I think there are only 2 types one is black and white I was told. Maybe they are working on a patch to fix it or maybe not, who knows....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (767 Views)
0 Kudos