Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: GTA still not working online

[ Edited ]

NoFX_Caz wrote:

For once the orange livebox triumphs with connecting the ps3

BT and 02 are the same company and both use bt phone lines so not really suprising these are the two most people have problems with

What are you talking about? BT and O2 are not the same company. Be and O2 are - thats a big difference. I think you'll find most ISPs use BT phone lines :smileyindifferent: that doesn't mean anything. I haven't had any other problems with O2 or seen any posted so I have no idea what you mean by the 'two most people have problems' with especially when I see loads of complaints about Virgin Media, Tiscali etc.
Message Edited by AC24 on 23-05-2008 11:33 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13 (835 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

the reason i think people are getting confused is because o2 bought the mobile side of bt which was bt cellnet who also had the online genie sim cards.   i can't remember whether bt & o2 are still linked some how but i don't think they are.   i think it was a sale rather than just a company name change. 

as for isp's most of them use the bt phone lines,  (obviously the cable users don't though)  but their are plenty that do use the bt phone line.   i have been disconnected a few times on GTA 4 but i don't know why really as i have played GT5P online loads & been disconnected less times than i have on GTA 4 which i have only been on about 8 or 9 death matches,  1 team death match & once on the mafia mission thingy.    it could just be server related or isp.   at weekends or certain times of the day (usually evenings) i think certain isp's cap your speed if your a heavy user.

www.ps3trophies.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13 (826 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i had alot of problems the first week but then they just disapeared..now i can get on no problem any time, its weird neither R* or sony have realesed a better solution if people are still obviously having troubles!

By the way, im connecting wirelessly to a Netgear router and my ISP is Sky Broadband
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13 (775 Views)
0 Kudos