Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on PS3.

[ Edited ]
55 Replies 108,024 Views edited 12-12-2012

GTA_SA_Banner---B2_632x162

GTA SA IS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE PlayStation STORE!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/12/12/heads-up-store-update-12th-december-2012/

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Don't know.

0 Kudos

Re: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on PS3.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution
Only thing about remakes of games you remember fondly as a kid when played on current console you kinda look at them through rose tinted glasses and it ruins your perception of them when you realise although they were brilliant for their time now they just seem dated. I played through Vice City about a year ago on my sons PS2 and as my favourite GTA game of all time and probably one of my favourite actual games of all time it just seemed dated and a bit rubbish to be honest. Dont get me wrong a classic is a classic but sometimes like ex birds fond memories are best left as that
0 Kudos

/16

milkster1001

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
milkster1001
Accepted Solution

leggy1975 wrote:
Only thing about remakes of games you remember fondly as a kid when played on current console you kinda look at them through rose tinted glasses and it ruins your perception of them when you realise although they were brilliant for their time now they just seem dated. I played through Vice City about a year ago on my sons PS2 and as my favourite GTA game of all time and probably one of my favourite actual games of all time it just seemed dated and a bit rubbish to be honest. Dont get me wrong a classic is a classic but sometimes like ex birds fond memories are best left as that

Yeah, what you say is true to an extent man, but can you remember the days when it was all about gameplay, and not graphics? I played a bit of Dino Crisis a few months ago, it looks so dated it's unbelievable, but if you pass that, and focus on just the gameplay, it's still awesome. We now have so many games that offer incredible realism when it comes to the graphics, and it just comes natural nowadays. Just think, in 20 years time, we'll look back at PS3 games and we'll be saying they look awful and dated. It's the gameplay itself that keeps you coming back to old classics. San Andreas for one, that game went so in depth with everything, which GTA IV was missing, if it wasn't for the RAGE engine, with the graphics and physics, GTA IV wouldn't of been that successful. I hope they bring the fun of GTA back, with GTA V.

0 Kudos

/16

nlindz27

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nlindz27
Accepted Solution
maybe they could release a hd remake on the ps3 version of gta v like other games have been doing?
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

leggy1975 wrote:

I hear ya... my completion rate for PS1 downloads/PS2 HD remasters/PSP on Vita downloads is not high....

Yeah, I finished the God or Wars, Silent Hill 1 and MGS1, platted Jak 1 in 3 days, even relived my DMC1 glory days, and beat Hard mode and had all blue orbs... but I just can't get enthused about prioritising Jak 2 over Max Payne 3 at the moment.. or Resistance Retribution over Everybody' Golf for that matter..

As for Vice City... agree, my favourite all time GTA for setting, playable character, music, cars... you name it... I too put it on a year ago and played the missions for the Sean Penn lawyer character, and yeah... after Red Dead Redemption the combat is so clunky and dated... and the driving physics... lol, I don't think I'll bother trying to get 100% and Tommy's unique tshirt a second time...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

YouOnlyLoopOnce

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YouOnlyLoopOnce
Accepted Solution

This game could've been better, if rockstar had just simply made the game quality better. I'm not paying for a game I can already play on my PS2.

0 Kudos

/16

feedthefishy

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
feedthefishy
Accepted Solution

Im playing it now on my 60Gigger:D

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

HD remakes look far more better than Emulated PS2 downloads on PSN. Tomb Raider Anniversary didn't look dated and that was a HD remaster. San Andreas might look good, if in HD but not as a PS2 download.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
/16

krasher100

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
krasher100
Accepted Solution
how are you doing that plz tell but if ur trolling then ***** off
0 Kudos

/16

Mikestarh

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikestarh
Accepted Solution

I hope there isn't any HD versions. IDK, maybe i've been spoiled by the PC version but Vice City still looks great and plays great, maybe the PS2 versions suck.

0 Kudos

/16

Lunatic_Effects

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lunatic_Effects
Accepted Solution

As i never played san-an on ps2 alot of my buddies" says i missed out" , i loved vice city and gta 3 at the time ,,,,,,,however going back to play gta liberty city stories,,,,,i would have to say the control's have not aged well.

gTA 4 has the perfect controll layout ,,,,,,,

i would buy san an on ps3 store ,,,,,,, if i could play with gta4 set-up which i know wont happen,,,,,, so booooooooooo :)

0 Kudos

/16

Lunatic_Effects

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lunatic_Effects
Accepted Solution

also forgot to mention if any uk players want to add me for TBOGT - gta races

-  races

-  freemode

0 Kudos

/16

wweisthebest01

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wweisthebest01
Accepted Solution

I agree 100% i sent sony a e-mail asking for it in ps store and they responded by saying i have to get alot of attention by posting it on websites

0 Kudos

/16

CEREALKILLA-4u

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CEREALKILLA-4u
Accepted Solution

^^^ If this is attention you want then... you got mine.

I'm pretty sure a GTA HD-Collection/Trilogy would sell itself pretty well. 

(GTA Vice City + Vice City Stories + San Andreas = EASY MONEY) 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X1AngleofDeath1X
Accepted Solution

iam pretty sure they will make GTA san andreas for ps3. they brought out the ratchet and clank trilogy for ps3 so i see why not for gta.

0 Kudos

/16

Guedes747

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guedes747
Accepted Solution

X1AngleofDeath1X escreveu:

iam pretty sure they will make GTA san andreas for ps3. they brought out the ratchet and clank trilogy for ps3 so i see why not for gta.

Diferent Games, different genres, diferent engines, diferent companies... Porting PS2 games is not that simple.

0 Kudos

/16

matty1000200

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matty1000200
Accepted Solution

I have always wanted to own Grand Theft Auto SA on the ps3. HD graphics and probably a few more features to the game. However you can only really play it on the 60GB consoles. AHHHHHHHH

So I tried something else. I got it on Computer/ laptop, then I wired my ps3 remote to my computer. Im playing it with my remote, using the analogue sticks and d-pad. It all works. I use motionin joy. Here if any one wants to know how to do this, see my video. However note, you have to have a usb cable and the game on PC. Also the controls do not move the mouse and when you start the game you have to go into settings, then controls and change it to joystick. Then setup your controls. 

Note(Before starting the game, start up the software MOTIONINJOY, and press on ps2 settings with joysticks. Then click enable) WITHOUT DOING THIS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE REMOTE. 

Here is my tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs-hq40kRuc&feature=plcp

matty1000200.png

0 Kudos

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/matty1000200.png
/16

tacopoop

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tacopoop
Accepted Solution

Is there any way possible to download a 100% save for the new psn verson? I have a 160 with some old  ps2 sames that transferred from my old 60. But it won't let me use them. Please! Someone out there tell mtht his is possible and just no one has made one yet.

0 Kudos

/16

lilpugz

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lilpugz
Accepted Solution
They need to put San Andreas on psn. It was the best game to ever be released. I would buy that game over and over I enjoy playing it that much. Come on Sony get rock star make it available for us to download they'll make ***** loads like they did when they put grand theft auto III on iPhone.
0 Kudos

/16

DANDNB

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANDNB
Accepted Solution

I've been waiting for them to realese san andreas, if not vice city and 3 on ps3 since they reeased the console. i don't get why they dont, so many people would buy them. it was said earlyer that you need to get alot of peoples attention by posting on websites, i doubht this forum will have any impact, but if you email ign, gamespot, maybe really popular gaming youtube channels and try persaude them to make a poll or something, that might do the trick.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel