06 May 2008
Playstation Staff

Is the GTA 4 mulitiplayer fixed yet ??

18 Replies 976 Views Created 06-05-2008
well the title says it all lol is the gta 4 multiplayer working yet ?
--------------------------------
feel 3 to add me = digemon1

Games i play online

Gta Iv , Burnout Paradise
Mgs 4 , Fifa 08
Cod 4 , Battlefield
Warhawk ,Motorstorm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (976 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Is the GTA 4 mulitiplayer fixed yet ??

ummm....yes and no.

You can now play online but party mode is still very temperamental (for me altleast) and stats/ranks are not being recorded/updated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah, it has improved quite a bit, I'm able to connect straight away and can keep my connection throughout matches now (well 3/4 anyway), so it's getting there.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (962 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I played online for a bit on Saturday night but there weren't very many people. I was just in the party (?) mode i think. Seems pretty good from what I saw. I'm going to finish the story before I really get back into it. I'm taking my time - I don't want it to be over too quickly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (954 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

GTA IV is so dead online. I am hoping it's because either people cant tear themselves away from the single player yet or people are waiting for it to work better. It seems like it could be a great online game but there just isn't anyone playing, lucky to get 2 or 3 players in a death match.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

for me anyways MP will be the last thing i do in the game i want to play the story first, im sure its the same for a lot of ppl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

macpac24 wrote:
for me anyways MP will be the last thing i do in the game i want to play the story first, im sure its the same for a lot of ppl
Im usually the opposite from you, i will play online extensively before single player but not this time! I am hooked on single player and id imagine many other folk are too, only played a wee bit of multiplayer with friends and never went online on it on my own looking for a game. I suspect many people will do single player first purely because GTA used to be just a single player experience.
PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It's working a lot better for me now, before it wouldnt even load the menu, now i can play about 8/10 of the games I try to play.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (745 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

People will come on soon, the people who get stuck and the people who have played it all day for the last week
[url=http://uk.playstation.com/psn/profile/Argyleman84/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Argyleman84.jpg[/img] [/url
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (698 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just got this game, doesn't it work then
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (666 Views)
0 Kudos