25 Oct 2011
By Plambey
Playstation Staff

Your Defining GTA Memories - Discuss!

46 Replies 4,837 Views Created 25-10-2011

hey guys, so with GTA 5 announced, and the recent 10yr Anniversary of possibly my favourite GTA, it got me thinking about all the memories i've had from the previous installments. not neccesarily mission wise, but jus things that made you go "ah, nice one rockstar".

a few of mine include:

GTA 3. cruising down to the car shop on the first island beside 8balls bomb shop and stealing the banshee from the showroom. then cruising outside and thinking i was the bomb when bang, i was carjacked! i couldnt believe it, that the AI could also carjack, that was immense.

GTA VC. going out the back of Pinewood Studios (not sure if thats right) and finding the non-clipped wing dodo that could land on water! i couldnt believe this, it felt (to me) like a flight sim within GTA, absolutely loved that.

GTA VC. Also in GTA VC, going to the top of the final island and being able to take part in the tournaments within the stadium, including the bike trials mission, that included a loop the loop. seriously class!

GTA SA. Seeing the ability to customise cars was something i absolutely loved. it made me take pride in my car. i remember getting the landrover knock off and putting rims on it and suspension which lowered it to the ground, reminded me of all them rapper jeeps that were cool at the time! i prefered this as opposed to jus car jackin each and every car as soon as you crashed.

so thats a few from me, i've loads more but i'd like to hear your memories from the series that you thought were really innovative, and what memories you'd perhaps like to see return!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (4,837 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Defining GTA Memories - Discuss!

There are 2 memories that I'll always remember, both from San Andreas.

Discovering you could fly a Jumbo Jet was so awesome. Back before 9/11 when flying jets into buildings was cool and you could take aim at anything and cause ultimiate destruction.

The other was the gang warfare mission. A mission you could play forever!! Lose an area, go back and kick butt! a constant war for territory that was a game within a game and one of the reasons San Andreas stood out.

Hopefully GTAV5 is more like San Andreas than GTA4, *fingers crossed*

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (4,822 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

that too was favourite of mine, taking that jumbo jet high up into the sky and attempting to land it properly in another airport was something i tried often, and i loved the way the map had the darting yellow lines to show you which way to approach, a nice touch!

buying my first house with garage in VC was seriously fun, or that secret upstairs gaff that was across from the biker bar in the second island, another great place!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 47 (4,815 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

I never flew a jumbo jet :smileysad: Although I do remember the hard work and effort and time put into flying that wingless plane thing on GTA 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (4,807 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GTA 3: as soon as I started the game, using the floating car cheat and getting across all the broken bridges to get the dodo plane, and then attempting to fly it over the bridges back to the first Island :smileyvery-happy:

Vice City: cruising along the coastline on my buggy, crashing it into the water and then seeing a shark :smileyvery-happy: also randomly seeing a dead guy in the water with cement shoes. God I love Rockstar.

San Andreas: looking for Bigfoot in the forest and being attacked by a ghost car! Scared the living crap out of me :Lol: Also loved going to the top of the mountain on a bike and flying off the ramp with a parachute on <3

IV: The first time I crashed and flew out through the windscreen in a car and getting wrapped around a lamppost while the owner of the car who was holding onto the side while I tried to drive away came crashing beside me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (4,782 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

cheers for your memories there IS, some great ones. particularly agree with peddling the bike off the edge of the mountain, that was such fun. i loved them little things that really had nothing to do with missions or anything but we still seriously fun to do!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 47 (4,778 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah everyone has some hilarious memories of random events that happened when exploring gta worlds, they make the games awesome! Also have to say I really enjoyed the mission 3 leaf clover in gta IV, rank it as one of the most enjoyable levels I have played in any game, and my hometown is mentioned :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 47 (4,774 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Loved getting the 'GOURANGA' bonus for running over an entire procession of Hare Krishna in the very first GTA .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (4,754 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

steven_dutch wrote:

Loved getting the 'GOURANGA' bonus for running over an entire procession of Hare Krishna in the very first GTA .

Brilliant I loved that, driving round just looking for lines of orange people walking about :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 47 (4,720 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LordRoss wrote:

I never flew a jumbo jet :smileysad: Although I do remember the hard work and effort and time put into flying that wingless plane thing on GTA 3.

seriously?

i had one parked in the verdant meadows hanger!

needed a range rover or a truck to get back into it right enough!

god all this talk of classic gta's, i might go and root out san andreas and have a blast!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 47 (4,690 Views)
0 Kudos