99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Your Defining GTA Memories - Discuss!

46 Replies 4,978 Views Created 25-10-2011

hey guys, so with GTA 5 announced, and the recent 10yr Anniversary of possibly my favourite GTA, it got me thinking about all the memories i've had from the previous installments. not neccesarily mission wise, but jus things that made you go "ah, nice one rockstar".

a few of mine include:

GTA 3. cruising down to the car shop on the first island beside 8balls bomb shop and stealing the banshee from the showroom. then cruising outside and thinking i was the bomb when bang, i was carjacked! i couldnt believe it, that the AI could also carjack, that was immense.

GTA VC. going out the back of Pinewood Studios (not sure if thats right) and finding the non-clipped wing dodo that could land on water! i couldnt believe this, it felt (to me) like a flight sim within GTA, absolutely loved that.

GTA VC. Also in GTA VC, going to the top of the final island and being able to take part in the tournaments within the stadium, including the bike trials mission, that included a loop the loop. seriously class!

GTA SA. Seeing the ability to customise cars was something i absolutely loved. it made me take pride in my car. i remember getting the landrover knock off and putting rims on it and suspension which lowered it to the ground, reminded me of all them rapper jeeps that were cool at the time! i prefered this as opposed to jus car jackin each and every car as soon as you crashed.

so thats a few from me, i've loads more but i'd like to hear your memories from the series that you thought were really innovative, and what memories you'd perhaps like to see return!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

GiggIz

• Beta Tester
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GiggIz
Accepted Solution

There are 2 memories that I'll always remember, both from San Andreas.

Discovering you could fly a Jumbo Jet was so awesome. Back before 9/11 when flying jets into buildings was cool and you could take aim at anything and cause ultimiate destruction.

The other was the gang warfare mission. A mission you could play forever!! Lose an area, go back and kick butt! a constant war for territory that was a game within a game and one of the reasons San Andreas stood out.

Hopefully GTAV5 is more like San Andreas than GTA4, *fingers crossed*

Re: Your Defining GTA Memories - Discuss!

/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plambey
Accepted Solution
that too was favourite of mine, taking that jumbo jet high up into the sky and attempting to land it properly in another airport was something i tried often, and i loved the way the map had the darting yellow lines to show you which way to approach, a nice touch!

buying my first house with garage in VC was seriously fun, or that secret upstairs gaff that was across from the biker bar in the second island, another great place!
0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

I never flew a jumbo jet :( Although I do remember the hard work and effort and time put into flying that wingless plane thing on GTA 3.

/16

IrelandSniper

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrelandSniper
Accepted Solution

GTA 3: as soon as I started the game, using the floating car cheat and getting across all the broken bridges to get the dodo plane, and then attempting to fly it over the bridges back to the first Island :D

Vice City: cruising along the coastline on my buggy, crashing it into the water and then seeing a shark :D also randomly seeing a dead guy in the water with cement shoes. God I love Rockstar.

San Andreas: looking for Bigfoot in the forest and being attacked by a ghost car! Scared the living crap out of me :Lol: Also loved going to the top of the mountain on a bike and flying off the ramp with a parachute on <3

IV: The first time I crashed and flew out through the windscreen in a car and getting wrapped around a lamppost while the owner of the car who was holding onto the side while I tried to drive away came crashing beside me :)

[ Edited ]
/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plambey
Accepted Solution
cheers for your memories there IS, some great ones. particularly agree with peddling the bike off the edge of the mountain, that was such fun. i loved them little things that really had nothing to do with missions or anything but we still seriously fun to do!
0 Kudos

/16

IrelandSniper

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrelandSniper
Accepted Solution
Yeah everyone has some hilarious memories of random events that happened when exploring gta worlds, they make the games awesome! Also have to say I really enjoyed the mission 3 leaf clover in gta IV, rank it as one of the most enjoyable levels I have played in any game, and my hometown is mentioned :D
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

steven_dutch

• MVP
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
steven_dutch
Accepted Solution

Loved getting the 'GOURANGA' bonus for running over an entire procession of Hare Krishna in the very first GTA .

Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
91%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

steven_dutch wrote:

Loved getting the 'GOURANGA' bonus for running over an entire procession of Hare Krishna in the very first GTA .

Brilliant I loved that, driving round just looking for lines of orange people walking about :lol:

0 Kudos

/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MalevolentEntity
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

I never flew a jumbo jet :( Although I do remember the hard work and effort and time put into flying that wingless plane thing on GTA 3.

seriously?

i had one parked in the verdant meadows hanger!

needed a range rover or a truck to get back into it right enough!

god all this talk of classic gta's, i might go and root out san andreas and have a blast!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
Always stole the Banshee in the showroom in GTA III. If ever I needed a fast car I would just drive there to check if it was in the showroom :D

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

After getting 100% in GTA3 I was more pumped for VC than I'd ever been before for any other PS2 sequel.. The feeling when hopping into a sports car along the beach in Vice City, and having Billie Jean come on the radio... priceless...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Loved the Gouranga also lol I also loved running over the Elvis impersonators on GTA London but I can't remember what happened when you did it :(
0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
For me it's

GTA4, just messing around in free mode then getting a few messages off two guys who were hiding out in the museum. The messages were very colourful and essentially asked me to 'come get some'. Now at this point I was in the airport which is about half a city away if I remember right. I jumped on a bike and drove there flat out, I didn't even crash once which is a miracle for me lol. Ran straight in there and blew them both away with an AK, left and sent them a message saying **** you! Ran out on to the street to get a car and got run over by a taxi! :(

Vice City. Right at the start of the game the first scooter you get on. It starts playing Billie Jean and from that moment I knew I would love Vice City

/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plambey
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:
Loved the Gouranga also lol I also loved running over the Elvis impersonators on GTA London but I can't remember what happened when you did it :(

Elvis has left the building!

nice memories there bibleman, hopping on that scooter for the first time was immense, couldnt get over the fact the game had bikes, felt revolutionary back then, endless fun!

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Car cannon glitch on GTA 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU795dQ-Ahg

I could never stay in the car though. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
Some of the memorable missions and characters i remember fondly from Ps2 era games Phil Cassidy's Boomshine Saigon and Lance Vance and the G Spotlight mission frustrated the hell out of me on the first play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJh5KnKUtFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrSZjezYSQ
0 Kudos

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
/16

xXoChRiiSoXx

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXoChRiiSoXx
Accepted Solution
I thought san andreas was the best until i got my ps3 and gta iv for the first time! WOW! me and my best mate from school used to play free mode on gta iv until late late at night, getting chased by other people was the best lol. Cannot wait until GTA 5 comes cos i will deffonitly be buying it :)

/16

Strangesam

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strangesam
Accepted Solution

My best memories for this series is just roaming and flying around in GTA: San Andreas for ps2 :)

[ Edited ]

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

I think my defining moment was actually completing GTA: SA, the pure satisfaction after putting in so much time & effort, it actually felt well worth it where as with some games I can enjoy playing them to completion but afterwards I won't want to do all the side missions or they didn't feel worth all those hours... but with SA, it felt worth it :)

0 Kudos

Flying High!
/16

joshsnooker1994

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
joshsnooker1994
Accepted Solution
when i bought gta and when i play gta still a great game now
0 Kudos

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: JKIRBZUK13

BLOG : http://joshuakps3.blogspot.com/

FORUM: http://psgamingclub.proboards.com/ PLEASE REGISTER
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel