80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

will gta lost and damned come on ps3

108 Replies 17,704 Views Created 20-02-2009
will gta lost and damned ever come on ps3 is it a timed exclusive on the 360 or are microsoft using it to bastardise the competition like they always do?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
[URL="http://www.ps3-sense.nl"][IMG]http://www.ps3-sense.nl/trophygen/images/img_49a3180c97fc8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

wiggy1

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wiggy1
Accepted Solution

planet_lee wrote:

Royston99 wrote:
is it any good? i havent seen footage, but apparently theres new vehicles and weps. answer to OP's q: no. MS paid $50mil, so it wud seem a permanent xclusive

Yes it is quite good actually. I'm impressed. I bought GTA4 for the 360 just to play the Lost and Damned ( I also have GTA4 for my PS3 and play it more than I do any other game).
One thing I will say though is that I find the graphics a bit 'strange'. There seems to be some sort of grainy filter over it, it's feint, but it's there.
I also though that the graphics on the NICO GTA4 version on the 360 were 'different' to those on the PS3. But didn't notice the grainy effect on that.

I had to get the DLC as I'm such a big fan of GTA, couldn't let something as trivial as loyalty to my PS3 stop me from playing it.

u can turn that grainy effect off or so i've been told
0 Kudos

Re: Re: will gta lost and damned come on ps3

Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planet_lee
Accepted Solution
Cheers :)

I'll have a looksie in the options. It doesn't make it look better, I wonder why they added it.
0 Kudos

/16

Atomic_Napalm

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Atomic_Napalm
Accepted Solution
It should eventually come to ps3. After all, Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas where a ps2 exclusive and after a time it came to xbox, it's only right that it would eventually come to the ps3. Weather microsoft paid millions or not. 
0 Kudos

/16

Ryan4D

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ryan4D
Accepted Solution
they wanted it to look like a gritty biker side of GTA, they will also do this(but opposite) to the "ballad of gay tony", to show you the birght night life of GTA, although i'm not a big fan of it. i own a ps3 and i'm reaalllllyyyy hoping that it's a 6 month exclusive so i don't have to buy a 360, but alas, i could also get "splinter cell conviction" which is another stupid MS exclusive, ripped from sony. Oh well...

/16

Ninja-Monkey-91

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ninja-Monkey-91
Accepted Solution

Ryan4D wrote:
they wanted it to look like a gritty biker side of GTA, they will also do this(but opposite) to the "ballad of gay tony", to show you the birght night life of GTA, although i'm not a big fan of it. i own a ps3 and i'm reaalllllyyyy hoping that it's a 6 month exclusive so i don't have to buy a 360, but alas, i could also get "splinter cell conviction" which is another stupid MS exclusive, ripped from sony. Oh well...

I agree the loss of splinter cell is a bummer but to be fair the 1st game was originally an xbox exclusive so Conviction going exclusive is more ubisoft going back to xbox than xbox stealing it from us.

Also is L&D not coming to PS3 now? At the rockstar area there were PS3s set up where you could play it...

0 Kudos

Jack Bauer doesn't have a refresh button on his web browser, as all events occur in real time.
Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planet_lee
Accepted Solution

theballadofgaytony_wallpaper2_240x260.jpg

Looks like Gay-Tony to me ^ 

0 Kudos

/16

BenLinus08

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BenLinus08
Accepted Solution

**** M$. No symphaty points for Ballmer & co. 

But hopefully Rockstar is smart enought to bring it on ps3. 

Now M$ lost so much cause of a *****ty console they try to push the sell with exclusive contracts.

Anyway this ship is going down.

Sony did a good job with the ps3 and the whole feature market around it.

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: Re: will gta lost and damned come on ps3

/16

MrBojangles76

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrBojangles76
Accepted Solution

I'm right there with you planet_lee.  I just got an XBox 360 with the intention of getting L&D because I freaking love GTA.  But to tell you the truth I'm having second thoughts.  The XBox is just an inferior product: no Bluetooth, non rechargeable controllers, can't backup my data w/o getting a 3rd party hardware, have to pay extra for wireless networking, fear of RROD, external power supply (fuhreaking lame), you have to pay for online gaming, etc etc...

I actually feel dirty playing the XBox 360...

I'll probably get the L&D, finish it, and return the stupid XBox.

0 Kudos

/16

xStretch-

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xStretch-
Accepted Solution

MrBojangles76 wrote:

I'm right there with you planet_lee.  I just got an XBox 360 with the intention of getting L&D because I freaking love GTA.  But to tell you the truth I'm having second thoughts.  The XBox is just an inferior product: no Bluetooth, non rechargeable controllers, can't backup my data w/o getting a 3rd party hardware, have to pay extra for wireless networking, fear of RROD, external power supply (fuhreaking lame), you have to pay for online gaming, etc etc...

Well if your Xbox gets the RROD aleast you get a replacement unlike sony :/

Also you pay to play online because you get better servers and better add ons like voice msgs etc .

0 Kudos

Psn- StretchY-
GT5
/16

Monarch08

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Monarch08
Accepted Solution

xStretch- wrote:

MrBojangles76 wrote:

Well if your Xbox gets the RROD aleast you get a replacement unlike sony :/

Also you pay to play online because you get better servers and better add ons like voice msgs etc .

The extra little things really aren't worth the money at all though, and the community over on the dark side isn't very nice, they're all angry (probably because they have a **** console :smileytongue: ) The servers are fine (for me) anyway on the PSN.

Why did you buy an Xbox just for L&D? you've basically paid probably around £150 (unless it was second hand?) for some DLC...that's what's going to make MS get their money back and then do this whole thing again but next time with something even more dear to us PS3 owners!

0 Kudos

/16

xStretch-

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xStretch-
Accepted Solution

Monarch08 wrote:

The extra little things really aren't worth the money at all though, and the community over on the dark side isn't very nice, they're all angry (probably because they have a **** console :smileytongue: ) The servers are fine (for me) anyway on the PSN.

But its cheeper :p, I loved $ony untill they stopped replacing Ps3'.
I'm only waiting on GT5 as its why I brought my ps3 if it breaks now I will wait untill its realsed but buy a Xbrick now.

0 Kudos

Psn- StretchY-
GT5
/16

xxSamuraiGirlxx

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xxSamuraiGirlxx
Accepted Solution

xStretch- wrote:

Monarch08 wrote:

But its cheeper :p, I loved $ony untill they stopped replacing Ps3'.
I'm only waiting on GT5 as its why I brought my ps3 if it breaks now I will wait untill its realsed but buy a Xbrick now.

wut?

is this true?

i'll be really upset if it is, cause my ps3 has been playing up recently and my 1 year warranty ends in may. :(
0 Kudos

/16

PUNJAABITOO

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PUNJAABITOO
Accepted Solution

PUNJAABITO      REPLIES BY SAYING :

HOW DID YOU KNOW IT, EVEN COST THEM THAT MUCH IN THE FIRST PLACE

0 Kudos

Re: will gta lost and damned come on ps3

RED DEAD REDMEPTION CANCELLED UNTIL DECEMBER 2012 !!!
/16

soinlove1

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
soinlove1
Accepted Solution
50 mill for 6 months
0 Kudos

/16

WARRIC

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WARRIC
Accepted Solution
You may see it on the pc as thats windows live etc but PS3 no way
0 Kudos

/16

st0rmbr1nger

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
st0rmbr1nger
Accepted Solution
It's only a timed exclusive.  However Rockstar can't say that, and Microsoft won't say that.   Guarentee PS3 owners will eventually see it.
0 Kudos

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
/16

pureg

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pureg
Accepted Solution

st0rmbr1nger wrote:
It's only a timed exclusive.  However Rockstar can't say that, and Microsoft won't say that.   Guarentee PS3 owners will eventually see it.

its not microsoft have said that its full exclusive as they have payed $50 million for it. rockstar did say that they would be making some other DLC for both versions thoug.

PS3, Wii , 360 , Gaming PC
Now this is living
/16

MattDelicate

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MattDelicate
Accepted Solution
If Microsoft payed $50 million for Lost and Damned, I'm sure they didn't make a return or profit on this. It seems like a real flop to be honest.
0 Kudos

/16

Monarch08

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Monarch08
Accepted Solution
MS paid $50 million for 2 pieces of DLC, so $25 million each, they more than made that back unfortunately
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planet_lee
Accepted Solution

Possibly, but who's to say that Microsoft are getting 100% of the sales from the 2 DLC ?

It's Rockstar's game after all.

Since no-one outside of R* or M$ really knows the detail of the contract, the $50 mil may only be to obtain exclusivity, perhaps M$ only get $1 for every copy sold.

Who really knows ?

Oh & I doubt For $50 mil M$ only got a 6 months exclusivity clause.

For $50 mil you'd demand the clause was infinite or at least for 5 years or so. 

*edit for stupid typos* 

Message Edited by planet_lee on 30-07-2009 06:35 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

st0rmbr1nger wrote:

No it isn't!

I really think PS3 owners are going to have to accept that they won't be getting this DLC. I'm sure we'll be getting other DLC in the future, but not Lost and Damned.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel