26 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

Support for fixed Portrait mode in the simulator?

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 147 Views edited 26-06-2012

Hello,

We are developing a PSS game at the moment which is designed to be in portrait mode, both in it's UI as in-game. The game doesn't need to switch orientations based on the device's gyroscope, just needs to assume a portrait orientation and stay there.

At the moment we're doing this by rotating all of our UI textures "manually" (in Photoshop) and adjusting coordinates. We are not using UI Composer, but a custom system. This works, but the downside is we can't play the game in the simulator in the correct orientation - it's always sideways (landscape).

Is there something available in PS Suite today that can change this? If not, is something like this being planned for a future release? We'd very much appreciate feedback on this, particularly from the dev team. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Support for fixed Portrait mode in the simulator?

You could try installing iRotate: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/iRotate.shtml

I believe it can rotate individual windows. If it can, then use it to rotate the simulator window.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (132 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Support for fixed Portrait mode in the simulator?

Hi,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to change the orientation of the Simulator window from the SDK.

Please feel free to post this requirement in the suggestions section of the forum.

PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
I am like you, I have no name.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (119 Views)
0 Kudos