24 Sep 2010

Playstation Staff

Uninstall move edition patch

3 Replies 2,327 Views Created 24-09-2010

Hi everyone

i've got a querie about the move edition patch. My autistic brother had accidentally downloaded the patch( on my ps3 :smileysad: )while he was not paying attention to the screen, and i want to finish this game without the move edition, i don't really plan on investing on the ps3 move or ps eye.... but i'm not sure whether if there is a way to uninstall the patch without losing previous game data.

any ideas? sorry for the noob question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (2,327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Uninstall move edition patch

You don't need to uninstall it. You can still play it with the standard controller. Take a closer look at the menus.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (2,321 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have a problem of my own..so i update to the ps move edition because i didnt read what it said..then i just thought that it updated the menu so i was like oh cool...but then i realized it was a ps move edition..so i tried to quit to switch to the wireless contorler..but then came up this black screen with just a origami saving symbol at the bottom left and it just keeps blinking and blinking and blinking..so i deleted the patch(the move patch) and as soon as the game pops up it says i must update to version 2.00 so i click ok and the system just shuts off and i go back on and it just says the same thing!!! please..what do i do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (2,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

it isn't just for move, it includes a bunch of fixes aswell. you DON'T actually want to get rid of the patch even if you don't want move. Just use your normal controller and enjoy a even more stable experience.

Sometimes you need to give the prompt a little pause before you hit confirm. wait until the harddrive light on the ps3 stops flashing, then start the patch mc1240. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (2,001 Views)
0 Kudos