06 Jun 2007
By: Beta_Boy Member 692 Posts
Level 2

Beta Test - Help Scee

97 Replies 2,977 Views Created 06-06-2007
Hi guys, SCEE needs your help. We would like to get a better understanding of our user’s broadband connections. In order to do this we need you to test and record your connection and send the information back to us. If you are interested in helping, there is guide below which will give you all the information you need. The Beta team have secured some prizes and these will go to the first 100 users who correctly submit their details. Please note that you do not have to participate and it will have no affect on your status as a Beta Trial member. SCEE Network Recording Trial. We require your in recording your internet connection using the tool via the link below (this is a direct link from the manufacturers website). This tool will only record your internet connection, it does not collect any personal data, it will only record minimum, average and maximum ping times for a set period of time. See below for an example of the captured data. 420.00 420.00 420.00 The data recorded will be used by SCEE PLAYSTATION®Network TRC Test department to test all online games across a varied set of recordings. The recordings are used by an application called ‘SHUNRA VE’ This application is also used by several leading publishers in the software industry and has become a very valuable tool to simulate a consumer type network environment. Where Can I Get this Tool? You can download tool from http://downloads.shunra.com/VENetworkCatcherLite.zip Problems I am seeing 100% Loss! You might need to allow this tool to access your firewall and you also may need to allow pings to come back to your computer. What Not To Do If at all possible, do not attempt to download any files or play any games online whilst you are using this tool, the data recorded will not be useful as it will introduce high latency (pings) in to the recording and this would be of no use to test future online PS3 titles. SCEE require a recording to be as clean as possible with hardly any network traffic on your connection. How To Use This Tool: The screen shot above is the actual tool that you will be using to record your network configuration. Enter an IP address or URL. Sample Interval, please leave at 1000. Recording Time: You can leave this at 900 seconds (15 minutes) or enter a higher or lower value. Packet Length: change this to 1472. This box will display a graph of what is going on with your connection during the recording session. Click this to start recording. Remaining amount of time before the recording ends. At the end of the recording, this tool will stop automatically and you will be asked to save the file. Please supply the following information which will be used for our records. ISP (Your Internet Service Provider) Internet Connection Type (ADSL, Cable, PPPoE, Fiber, other) Country Speed Of Internet Connection, e.g. 1024KB downstream and 256KB upstream. Send these details to betatrial@eu.playstation.com. Cheers,
Are you a leader not a follower?
Can you keep up with me?
Beta_Boy @ www.twitter.com

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 98 (2,977 Views)
Level 1

Re: Beta Test - Help Scee

BB the HERE link is not there,,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

AW: Beta Test - Help Scee

so when we did the test with the tool we should only send u these details: ISP (Your Internet Service Provider) Internet Connection Type (ADSL, Cable, PPPoE, Fiber, other) Country Speed Of Internet Connection, e.g. 1024KB downstream and 256KB upstream. ?? and yes, there is no link when I want to klick the "HERE"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

What they said, the links aren't active yet but I'm sure you haven't forgotten about it :Thumbs:

Links are up, awaiting the imgaes..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: AW: Beta Test - Help Scee

so when we did the test with the tool we should only send u these details: ISP (Your Internet Service Provider) Internet Connection Type (ADSL, Cable, PPPoE, Fiber, other) Country Speed Of Internet Connection, e.g. 1024KB downstream and 256KB upstream. ?? and yes, there is no link when I want to klick the "HERE" Blimey you lot are quick, only just posted this and already multiple replies. Yes I need ISP (Your Internet Service Provider) Internet Connection Type (ADSL, Cable, PPPoE, Fiber, other) Country Speed Of Internet Connection, e.g. 1024KB downstream and 256KB upstream. Please put BETA CONNECTION TEST in the subject line of the email. It does not effect your Beta trial membership at all, this is purely to help us create better more stable games in the future that work with your network connections.
Are you a leader not a follower?
Can you keep up with me?
Beta_Boy @ www.twitter.com

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I probably won't make the first 100 (have to work till 5 o'clock), but I'll send the details when I get home.

Just a quick question, by 1024KB do you mean bits or bytes? Cause that's a huge difference.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: AW: Beta Test - Help Scee

Hi BetaBoy, Im registered on the beta trial with my work email address, and obviously i will need to email my results from home, so is that ok? I will be sure to include my beta trial registration details in the email so you know who I am... Ta :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

And what if we are running Linux OR OSX 10.4.9 or 10.5 ( you lucky git ) or better yet why don't they make it run on the PS3 browser. I can all ready tell you the speed allready 490KB down 49KB up, Packet loss 0% every time I ping my web server site.
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Did we had to include the .ntx file with the email?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Mine is sent, although I think I clamed my connection to be 8196KB downstream rather that 8196Kbit... I'm not going to bother sending it again, I'm sure whoever looks at it will realise!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 98 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos