06 Aug 2008
Playstation Staff

People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

43 Replies 658 Views Created 06-08-2008

I've seen 2 people now claiming that they got an email from SCEE providing them with the

promotion code for Home 0.96 (same email that we, the official beta testers got)

Seeing that those 2 people got no access to the private forum nor having the beta badge

makes me a little bit curious what happened and how many other people got that email.

Not everyone is as stupid as those 2 people, posting their story in open forums.

e.g. here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=193&message.id=5588#M5588

There was another instance in a different forum, I don't remember where exactly or I would've provided

the URL. If anyone remembers, please post (was in a German forum)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

I think they have been added because of teh Warhawk winners. I've been talking to a guy from Australia who got the mail too. He is no beta, so I asked him if he entered a Warhawk competition and he said yes. Later last week, I met another dude from Australia but he was ZZZzzzZZZzzing so I could ask him anything.

The people from downunder seem to have found the way to the European Home :smileyhappy:, now let me get to the Japanese and American Home. Couldnt we arrange a betatester exchange for a while? New eyes on a location see always other bugs then the people who have been walking around for a while :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 44 (648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

I'm pretty confident in saying that those 2 "suspects" didn't join any Warhawk event.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 44 (635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

lol i still havent got mine yet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 44 (627 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Maybe your code went to someone who wasn't supposed to get one :smileywink:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44 (624 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

sounds like something that would happen to me lol

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 44 (609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

[ Edited ]
The recruitment drive in the public forum seams to to over. they have started to hand out downloads to those selected it from it, it seams.... well that what 5 people so far who entered it have told me so far...they might be lieing they might not be. but so far I'm up to five new users. you can't enter HOME unless some one as SCEE puts your user name on a list for access. 
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 06-08-2008 12:13 PM
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 06-08-2008 12:16 PM
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

2 of these people i bumped in to have said they haven't signed an NDA so surely they shouldn't have been given the code till they have
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 44 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

They sign the agreement when they download the beta using the code.
Its called an Electronic signature they may not read the small print but its there.
ask them if they never put their name or no one else put their user name in the beta sign up.
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 44 (558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

i still dident get my code :smileysad:
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 44 (557 Views)
0 Kudos