Dragonheart

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

43 Replies 688 Views Created 06-08-2008

I've seen 2 people now claiming that they got an email from SCEE providing them with the

promotion code for Home 0.96 (same email that we, the official beta testers got)

Seeing that those 2 people got no access to the private forum nor having the beta badge

makes me a little bit curious what happened and how many other people got that email.

Not everyone is as stupid as those 2 people, posting their story in open forums.

e.g. here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=193&message.id=5588#M5588

There was another instance in a different forum, I don't remember where exactly or I would've provided

the URL. If anyone remembers, please post (was in a German forum)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Tony_Too

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tony_Too
Accepted Solution

I think they have been added because of teh Warhawk winners. I've been talking to a guy from Australia who got the mail too. He is no beta, so I asked him if he entered a Warhawk competition and he said yes. Later last week, I met another dude from Australia but he was ZZZzzzZZZzzing so I could ask him anything.

The people from downunder seem to have found the way to the European Home :), now let me get to the Japanese and American Home. Couldnt we arrange a betatester exchange for a while? New eyes on a location see always other bugs then the people who have been walking around for a while :)

0 Kudos

Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Award Winner
/16

Dragonheart

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dragonheart
Accepted Solution
I'm pretty confident in saying that those 2 "suspects" didn't join any Warhawk event.
0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Beta Tester
/16

mjcook

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mjcook
Accepted Solution
lol i still havent got mine yet
0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Award Winner
/16

Dragonheart

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dragonheart
Accepted Solution
Maybe your code went to someone who wasn't supposed to get one ;)
0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Beta Tester
/16

mjcook

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mjcook
Accepted Solution

sounds like something that would happen to me lol

0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
The recruitment drive in the public forum seams to to over. they have started to hand out downloads to those selected it from it, it seams.... well that what 5 people so far who entered it have told me so far...they might be lieing they might not be. but so far I'm up to five new users. you can't enter HOME unless some one as SCEE puts your user name on a list for access. 
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 06-08-2008 12:13 PM
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 06-08-2008 12:16 PM
0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
Beta Tester
/16

kingfox

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution
2 of these people i bumped in to have said they haven't signed an NDA so surely they shouldn't have been given the code till they have
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
They sign the agreement when they download the beta using the code.
Its called an Electronic signature they may not read the small print but its there.
ask them if they never put their name or no one else put their user name in the beta sign up.
0 Kudos

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
Beta Tester
/16

mjcook

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mjcook
Accepted Solution

nice to know im not the only one then. :smileywink:

0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

/16

Buubar

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Buubar
Accepted Solution
There are also two others, Chris2k7sears and Kieran57. Neither have them have received any previous emails but the one with the Beta Code in. They haven't had to go through the same process as myself, where they were sent an email where they had to send their personal Information off to. (As has been said before, they also haven't seen the NDA)

The more worrying issues are that, Chris2k7sears, is only 17 (His profile last night said 17/M/SCOTLAND in the black box (I have a picture too)) and he actually made a thread in PS3 General Discussion detailing all of the Bugs within Home from last Nights Test. Obviously I requested the thread to be deleted so I can't show you it..

The word is though, they aren't actually in the Beta, and won't receive any other Betas but its "too late" to remove them from Home. Personally, I want them all kicked off as I'm not happy talking within Home about future Betas ect when they are in there as "illegal Immigrants" basically...
Message Edited by Buubar on 06-08-2008 02:51 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution
i pm Ted about Kieran57 yestersday so hopefully they can sort it out
0 Kudos

/16

TedTheDog

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TedTheDog
Accepted Solution
Just so you know, we are aware and are dealing with this. These people havent been "bad", its just a rather confusing situation but we have a solution to the problem that will become apparent soon.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

JohnDoe_DE

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JohnDoe_DE
Accepted Solution

TedTheDog wrote:
Just so you know, we are aware and are dealing with this. These people havent been "bad", its just a rather confusing situation but we have a solution to the problem that will become apparent soon.

Well, at least KING_DJ consciously posted lots of info about Home (including bugs) in a public forum even though he had to agree to the NDA before he could install Home (as every 'legit' Beta tester had to), so if that's not being "bad" I don't know what is... unless you intend to open the Beta to the public, of course :smileywink:

0 Kudos

/16

hammertime_uk

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hammertime_uk
Accepted Solution

still no email/code for me either. :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Shuanji

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shuanji
Accepted Solution

JohnDoe_DE hat geschrieben:

TedTheDog wrote:

Well, at least KING_DJ consciously posted lots of info about Home (including bugs) in a public forum even though he had to agree to the NDA before he could install Home (as every 'legit' Beta tester had to), so if that's not being "bad" I don't know what is... unless you intend to open the Beta to the public, of course :smileywink:

So right...

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: People w/o Beta status receiving promotion code email (by mistake) ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
モンスターハンター.......... ファイナルファンタジー.......News (click Signatur)
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

it still doesn't change the fact that some one at SCEE has added these users TO the HOME data base.
YOU can't get on HOME unless your ID is added buy SCEE.

IF you login to HOME using any non authorized ID you get a message. saying :

YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THESE SERVERS.

They may have got there code early than the rest, Yes that might be the error, but the EU beta is a lot more secure than the US.

Only JCUK can say if the WH HOME Winners and the other recruits are going to be still here after HOME goes public or get kicked out. 

The beta agreement is listed as the option for you to read when you log on to home the first time.

It launches the web browsers from HOME and lists the beta agreement in 5 languages buy launching HOME they agree to this. just because they dont have a clue what they are doing does not mean sony didn't add them to the test. 

For now due to JCUKs super over crowed work life and no time to post , ill give them some breathing room  (but keep an eye on them as well)

0 Kudos

/16

chris2k7sears

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chris2k7sears
Accepted Solution

Buubar wrote:
There are also two others, Chris2k7sears and Kieran57. Neither have them have received any previous emails but the one with the Beta Code in. They haven't had to go through the same process as myself, where they were sent an email where they had to send their personal Information off to. (As has been said before, they also haven't seen the NDA)

The more worrying issues are that, Chris2k7sears, is only 17 (His profile last night said 17/M/SCOTLAND in the black box (I have a picture too)) and he actually made a thread in PS3 General Discussion detailing all of the Bugs within Home from last Nights Test. Obviously I requested the thread to be deleted so I can't show you it..

The word is though, they aren't actually in the Beta, and won't receive any other Betas but its "too late" to remove them from Home. Personally, I want them all kicked off as I'm not happy talking within Home about future Betas ect when they are in there as "illegal Immigrants" basically...

***** you talking about i got my ps3 last year when i was 17 and ive not changed it since then and yes i posted a thread because there was nowere to post the problems with HOME.

0 Kudos

Image Hosting by Picoodle.comThank you Jack2910 for the signature.
/16

ManicMyna

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ManicMyna
Accepted Solution
You Go Girlway to tell him
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BlueRaven

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlueRaven
Accepted Solution

chris2k7sears wrote:

Buubar wrote:

***** you talking about i got my ps3 last year when i was 17 and ive not changed it since then and yes i posted a thread because there was nowere to post the problems with HOME.

Ok....It's no good dwelling on past events,Things that may have been reported by others BEFORE anyone knew what was going on with recent events in Home.... you were one of the few people who got in before anybody else knew what was happening...

People are going to see alot of these type of posts now the Home forum has been opened up to more people...and they shouldn't take things out of context

Up until now we've been bringing alot of leaked videos and people that we THINK could be in Home for the wrong reasons to the attention of the powers that be and then it's down to them to investigate....
Surely If they thought anything was untoward they would have let you know by now...But they haven't so theres nothing to worry about...
0 Kudos

addicted to PSV GD
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

Tony_Too wrote:

I think they have been added because of teh Warhawk winners. I've been talking to a guy from Australia who got the mail too. He is no beta, so I asked him if he entered a Warhawk competition and he said yes. Later last week, I met another dude from Australia but he was ZZZzzzZZZzzing so I could ask him anything.

The people from downunder seem to have found the way to the European Home :), now let me get to the Japanese and American Home. Couldnt we arrange a betatester exchange for a while? New eyes on a location see always other bugs then the people who have been walking around for a while :)

The Aussies could actually be MVPs from their forum. There was a recruitment spree a while ago and part of that was that they became testers (apparently). The reason AU testers use the EU Home is that it is also a PAL region. 

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel