Complete and comprehensive features for players to block undesirable behavior of others

by Stellakris ‎14-02-2013 15:42 PM - edited ‎14-02-2013 15:47 PM

LBP is a game that is supposedly suitable for players of all ages. However, moderation of the community is in decline, bullying, harassment and other undesireable behavior is on the rise and individual players (or their parents) lack the tools to protect themselves (or their children) from harm. The call for these features have been strong and frequent. Below is a proposed outline for such features.

Either LBP incorporates its own feature to block other players or it uses the blocked players data that is present in the PS3's PSN tools. The goal is to allow individual players to a) not having to be exposed to undesirable behavior of another individual player - or that player altogether, or b) limit the offending players movements within the domain of the offended player. Or both.

In case of limiting exposure to an offending player, the offended player may "block" the other player and consequently can no longer:

• write comments or reviews on offending player's profile or levels
  • see offending player's comments and reviews, anywhere
  • play offending player's levels
  • see any activity of offending player in their own or in other players' timeline
  • see any activity of other players in offending player's levels in any timeline
  • join sessions in which offending player is present

In case of limiting an offending player's movements within offended player's domain, the offending player can no longer:

• write comments or reviews on offended player's profile or levels
  • see offended player's comments and reviews, anywhere
  • play offended player's levels
  • see any activity of offended player in their own or in other players' timeline
  • see any activity of other players in offended player's levels in any timeline
  • join sessions in which offended player is present

Measures outlined above would extend beyond the game into official websites like LBP.me.

Comments
by Stellakris on ‎14-02-2013 16:13 PM

I forgot to mention: it's easy for a dedicated bully to get blocked on one account and then return on another to continue the harassment. It would be great if somehow all accounts linked to a blocked account would get treated the same. 

by mh637099 on ‎15-02-2013 03:11 AM
Finally!
by n202058128238 on ‎18-03-2013 06:17 AM

great idea and they should also include somehing like disabling ppl to edit your pod, because i had a great pod but someone that i invited decided to delete all my decoration and i didnt have it saved yet.

by strangeguru on ‎31-08-2013 08:59 AM

This could also be a good way to stop copiers.

But one thing I thought of...

Maybe blocking should require a reason and validation (similar to Good Grief!) because bullies may blackbolt others by saying in levels to "block so and so because he blocked me!" Therefore the player won't have anyone seeing their profile or levels

by TheSonic41125 on ‎05-10-2013 06:48 AM

A fantastic idea but I believe it can lead to some uncanny things. Even with the current block feature we have now has led to some bullying issues becoming worse. If a person blocks you. Then creates a hate level against you, you cant defend against it or even report. The person has blocked you and it'l be recognized by moderators as to why you were on the planet in the first place. and possibly suspending both accounts.