• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The DJ Hero thread!

[ Edited ]
227 Replies 3,194 Views edited 09-11-2009

The official DJ Hero Thread!

Hello all! I thought it would be an idea for fans of DJ Hero to have a place to congregate to chat decks n mash'ups or even arrange to play online!!

So firstly, to the early adaptors, what do you think of the game? What you expected? Better or worse than you thought? Do you like the style of mash-ups the game uses? Do you think the price will put off the casual punter, or do you think word of mouth will sell it?

Lets hear your views on it !

Screenshots

Videos:

Official Site:

Lots of cool screenshots, video's and wallpapers to be found here...

Message Edited by Envisager on 01-11-2009 05:43 PM
Message Edited by MusterBuster on 09-11-2009 11:20 AM
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

hoolak

• Beta Tester
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hoolak
Accepted Solution

I'm loving the game loads.

However, I have a problem or two. Anyone notice that the game will jerk on occassionmaking you miss a hit? I've played a lot over yesterday and today, the problem has only occurred about 8 times, but still, it happens. I'm guessing this has something to do with being connected to PSN? I had the problem once when a friend came online.

The other little problem I have is that me and a friend cannot see our friend scores on the leaderboards.

Other than that, great game.

0 Kudos

Re: The DJ Hero thread!

/16

HEC007

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HEC007
Accepted Solution
I'm all in - to the Sainsbury's tomorrow!
0 Kudos

Eager Beaver Award, EG Fun Night, Dec 2009 Outstanding Shot Award!!The Championship Winner, Dec 2009!
Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution
Hello DJ fans!! :D

Yes I have had the game since Friday and already loving it!

The game is just something different to me. I am into all the electronic music, but wasn't going to buy this game as I didn't think I would like it so much due to never really being interested in that sort of thing. Well how wrong was I... The game is amazing, you really have to pay attention as one look away from the screen and you have lost it. The game is very multi tasking, you have to look after the cross fader, the effects dial and the Euphoria button which is your star power. Then of course you have the scratching, directional scratching and so on!

I am a big fan of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Now yes they set a challenge on the guitar say, but once you get to a certain point I feel as though you have mastered that. With DJ Hero I feel it's only just the start!

I do feel the price is maybe a bit to high, but for what it is it's amazing!

By the way the Daft Punk set is worth £90 on it's own to be honest :D

I have had little freezes in the game as well, not often but have noticed them, maybe a patch soon then?

But that's the only thing I have noticed!

I hope this post has helped with your decision!!
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

xHeatherx

• Award Winner
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xHeatherx
Accepted Solution

PaInYbOi wrote:

I have had little freezes in the game as well, not often but have noticed them, maybe a patch soon then?

I haven't had any freezing on Single Player yet, but noticed it twice whilst playing online. Nothing bad though. :)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution

xHeatherx wrote:

PaInYbOi wrote:

I haven't had any freezing on Single Player yet, but noticed it twice whilst playing online. Nothing bad though. :)

Oh right ok. I have only noticed it in Single player. It's like the song just stops but then suddenly comes back, by then you have lost track of where you are!! :D
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

hoolak

• Beta Tester
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hoolak
Accepted Solution
Yeah, I've only played the game in single player when I've noticed the jerky freezes. I will try again later without being signed in to PSN.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

xHeatherx

• Award Winner
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xHeatherx
Accepted Solution

Awesome thread Vissy :)

I'm playing the game through on medium so I can get used to the controls etc first.

So far, I think the game is brilliant!!

At first it can be a bit tricky to get used too, but after playing the the two tutorials at the beginning. You should start to pick it up quite easily.

The music is fantastic!

Here's a full track list of everything on it:

• 2Pac - "All Eyez On Me" vs. The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)"
  • 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
  • 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"
  • Afrika Bambaataa - "Zulu Nation Throwdown" vs. Freedom Express - "Get Down"
  • Beastie Boys - "Here's A Little Somethin' For Ya" vs. DJ Shadow - "The Number Song (2009 Version)" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
  • Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" vs. Blondie - "Rapture"
  • Beastie Boys - "Lee Majors Come Again" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk" (Produced and mixed by Cut Chemist)
  • Beck - "Where It's At" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"
  • Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" Beat Juggle
  • Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
  • Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
  • Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction" vs. Tiësto - "Elements Of Life"
  • Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" vs. Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction"
  • Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. 2Pac - "How Do You Want It"
  • Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. Connie Price & The Keystones - "Fuzz And Them"
  • Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
  • Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies - "Time Of The Season" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
  • Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
  • Common - "Universal Mind Control (U.M.C.)" vs. Masta Ace - "Jeep A** Gutter (Aaron LaCrate & Debonair Samir " (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
  • Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. Classics IV - "Spooky"
  • Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. David Axelrod - "The Edge"
  • Daft Punk - "Around The World" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
  • Daft Punk - "Da Funk" vs. N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip"
  • Daft Punk - "Megamix 1"
  • Daft Punk - "Megamix 2"
  • Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim - "Al Naafyish (The Soul)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
  • Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Queen - "We Will Rock You"
  • Daft Punk - "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades"
  • Daft Punk - "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars"
  • Daft Punk - "Television Rules the Nation" vs. No Doubt - "Hella Good"
  • David Axelrod - "The Edge" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President"
  • Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"
  • Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. Justice - "Genesis"
  • DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)" vs. D-Code - "Annie's Horn"
  • Eminem - "My Name Is" vs. Beck - "Loser"
  • Fedde Le Grand - "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
  • Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench" vs. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
  • Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (DJ-Guitar mix, produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
  • Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" vs. Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt 2" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
  • Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." vs. Blondie - "Atomic"
  • Grandmaster Flash's - "Boom" vs. "Tap" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
  • Grandmaster Flash, DJ Kool, DJ Demo - "Here Comes My DJ" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
  • Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
  • Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. InDeep "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
  • Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
  • Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" Beat Juggle
  • Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
  • InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
  • Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)
  • Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"
  • JAY-Z feat. Pharrell - "Change Clothes" vs. 2Pac - "All Eyez on Me"
  • JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Eminem - "My Name Is"
  • JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
  • JAY-Z - "Excuse Me Miss" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
  • Jean Knight - "Mr. Big Stuff" vs. Masta Ace - "Born To Roll"
  • Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
  • Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock - "Rockit"
  • Kid Cudi - "Day 'N' Nite" vs. Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
  • Kool Moe Dee - "How Ya Like Me Now" vs. Reel 2 Real featuring The Mad Stuntman - "I Like To Move It"
  • Little Richard - "Tutti Frutti" vs. Shlomo - "Beats" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)
  • M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
  • M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Wale - "Lookin' At Me"
  • Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
  • Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
  • Motörhead - "Ace Of Spades" vs. Noisia - "Groundhog" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip" vs. Isaac Hayes - "Theme From Shaft"
  • Noisia - "Groundhog" Beat Juggle (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
  • Paul van Dyk - "Nothing But You" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
  • Public Enemy - "Shut 'Em Down" vs. Beck - "Where It's At"
  • Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" vs. Justice - "Genesis" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
  • Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Q-Tip - "Good Thang" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
  • Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Beastie Boys - "Brass Monkey" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
  • Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk"
  • Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. Kid Sister - "Control"
  • Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"
  • Shlomo - "Beats" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
  • Street Sweeper Social Club - "Fight! Smash! Win!" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"
  • Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
  • Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
  • The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)" vs. LL Cool J - "Rock The Bells" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
  • The Scratch Perverts Beats and Pieces (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
  • The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
  • Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
  • Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. Paula Abdul - "Straight Up"
  • Wale - "Lookin' At Me" vs. Black Eyed Peas ft. Tippa Irie - "Hey Mama"
  • Weezer - "Beverly Hills" vs. Evidence, The Alchemist, Aceyalone, Rakaa & 88 Keys - "Fresh Rhymes And Videotape" (DJ-Guitar mix)
  • Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (DJ-Guitar mix)

I paid £80 for it from sainsburys, which I feel is a bit over priced, but if you love your electronic music. You won't be disappointed!

I feel it is worth every penny!!

But if you don't want to pay that much. You can always wait for the January sales. Fingers crossed, there should be some good offers on it by then. 

Overall, the game is amazing! If anyone would like to play some online games, then just say :)

/16

ER-nut

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ER-nut
Accepted Solution
Have to wait for christmas :( :( :(
0 Kudos

/16

slimpervy

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
slimpervy
Accepted Solution
It's too pricey for me, doesnt have the same appeal as Guitar Hero. I'll get it when it's £50 but not paying £80 - £100! That's asking too much.
0 Kudos

Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

Now then, for forum events for this game I have 2 idea's

• Tournament - Get 32 players that play 1v1, loser get knocked out until there is an eventual winner

or

• Song Challenge - I pick a song and Difficulty setting and everyone has a week to get their best score on it, taking a photo as evidence.

Any preferences?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution

Envisager wrote:

• Tournament - Get 32 players that play 1v1, loser get knocked out until there is an eventual winner

or

• Song Challenge - I pick a song and Difficulty setting and everyone has a week to get their best score on it, taking a photo as evidence.

Any preferences?

Song Challenge!

I think that would work better to be honest :)
Maybe just need a picture of the score and post it here? EDIT: See you posted about the photo, sorry dude! :D
Message Edited by PaInYbOi on 01-11-2009 06:10 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

PaInYbOi wrote:

Envisager wrote:

or

Any preferences?

Song Challenge!

I think that would work better to be honest :)
Maybe just need a picture of the score and post it here? EDIT: See you posted about the photo, sorry dude! :D
Message Edited by PaInYbOi on 01-11-2009 06:10 PM

Awesome that was my preferance too tbh!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution

Envisager wrote:

Awesome that was my preferance too tbh!

Awesome :)

I feel it will let everyone be involved then, rather than waiting for there turn.
It will be great fun trying to beat the scores and that :D

Will it have different tables say for people who are playing on medium then people who are playing on hard say?
0 Kudos

/16

Micheil794

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Micheil794
Accepted Solution
I love the game, got the Renegade edition and still think i didn't waste my money :D Only problems so far are the slight freezing ruining my streak :( and also one of legs on my stand is wobbly due to a song which used excessive scratching :(
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution

Micheil794 wrote:
I love the game, got the Renegade edition and still think i didn't waste my money :D Only problems so far are the slight freezing ruining my streak :( and also one of legs on my stand is wobbly due to a song which used excessive scratching :(

Hmm it's a interesting one this freezing issue!

I am going to have a look to see if anyone else has this issue.

Guessing we will see a patch soon then! :D
0 Kudos

/16

HEC007

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HEC007
Accepted Solution
Why not try both and see ;)
0 Kudos

Eager Beaver Award, EG Fun Night, Dec 2009 Outstanding Shot Award!!The Championship Winner, Dec 2009!
Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

HEC007 wrote:

Time dear hec, time, so many events, but you never know, may have time to do both :)

Did anyone buy the extended mixes pack from the store this week? worth the money?

0 Kudos

/16

HEC007

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HEC007
Accepted Solution

Envisager wrote:

HEC007 wrote:

Time dear hec, time, so many events, but you never know, may have time to do both :)

Did anyone buy the extended mixes pack from the store this week? worth the money?

Indeedly doodly - but we can have just a small "trial" in group of 8 (or even 4) to see how would that tourney format work ... ;)
0 Kudos

Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

HEC007 wrote:

Indeedly doodly - but we can have just a small "trial" in group of 8 (or even 4) to see how would that tourney format work ... ;)

Once I know how the online is set out, i'll let ya know :)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

PaInYbOi

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaInYbOi
Accepted Solution
Has anyone made the progression from Medium to Hard yet?

I just tried a few moments ago and I went from Medium to Hard to Medium :D

I found it really hard! Anyone got any tips?
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel