Problem Solved

View Original Post
26 Feb 2011
By S7even_UK

S7even_UK

84%
02 Rank
Progress

Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

67 Replies 2,417 Views Created 26-02-2011
26 Feb 2011
By S7even_UK

LABELS:
òÓ

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Parv-B

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Parv-B
Accepted Solution

I reckon I might do a return on my copy as well now that I've thought about it.

I havent opened the game yet, so this post is a bit invalid.

Although Killzone 3 looks absolutely stunning, I reckon Crysis 2 is more of the game for me.

Killzone 3 is great, but I prefer for there to be loads of action, and although KZ3 offers some, Crysis 2 seems to  have a bit more style.

If anyone can rectify any mistakes I've made in this post, and the KZ3 is probably more exciting, please post up. Other wise, I reckon its time to switch to Crysis 2

0 Kudos

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

twistedintoform

80%
02 Rank
Progress
twistedintoform
Accepted Solution

Parv-B wrote:

Although Killzone 3 looks absolutely stunning, I reckon Crysis 2 is more of the game for me.

Killzone 3 is great, but I prefer for there to be loads of action, and although KZ3 offers some, Crysis 2 seems to  have a bit more style.

If anyone can rectify any mistakes I've made in this post, and the KZ3 is probably more exciting, please post up. Other wise, I reckon its time to switch to Crysis 2

why don't you wait until the PS3 demo for crysis 2 comes out and try that?.  

friends with 360s that have tried crysis 2 weren't too impressed with it.  all those suit abilities seems a bit gimmicky to me, and could be a bit of a mess when it comes to balancing.  it's been made by the team who's last game was haze..  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mojo_666

79%
04 Rank
Progress
Mojo_666
Accepted Solution

KZ3 Has Move/Sharp Shooter, if you are using that this game has no equal. You can talk franchise vs. franchise, release vs. release until the cows come home.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GRILL_ZONE

80%
02 Rank
Progress
GRILL_ZONE
Accepted Solution

Parv-B wrote:

I reckon I might do a return on my copy as well now that I've thought about it.

I havent opened the game yet, so this post is a bit invalid.

seriously you wont find more action anywhere else than in killzone 3 i haven't done much online yet (my Internet sucks) but I've been doing single player and going for the trophies and so far its been incredible you almost want to duck your head down sometimes to about the gunfire flying across the screen I've played the crysys online demo and it was nothing compared to the 3 online matches i have played on killzone 3

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I haven't played played CoD since I platinumed and traded MW2 about 2 weeks after it's release, whenever that was. Last night I tried the CoD: BOps single player demo after a KZ3 session and have to say I hate the feel of CoD. There's no sense of movement beyond feeling like a ghost. There's no camera reaction to firing your gun (i.e. no recoil). The AI is so stupid I could stand next to an enemy who was hiding behind someone boxes, he didn't notice me the entire time it took me to reload (this was on the hardest difficulty, which just seems to affect how quickly you die).

I tried the demo to see if I regretted avoiding the franchise. It's safe to say I'm not missing a lot. KZ and Battlefield will do me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Occident

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Occident
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

I haven't played played CoD since I platinumed and traded MW2 about 2 weeks after it's release, whenever that was. Last night I tried the CoD: BOps single player demo after a KZ3 session and have to say I hate the feel of CoD. There's no sense of movement beyond feeling like a ghost. There's no camera reaction to firing your gun (i.e. no recoil). The AI is so stupid I could stand next to an enemy who was hiding behind someone boxes, he didn't notice me the entire time it took me to reload (this was on the hardest difficulty, which just seems to affect how quickly you die).

I tried the demo to see if I regretted avoiding the franchise. It's safe to say I'm not missing a lot. KZ and Battlefield will do me.

Black Ops is the worst campaign in the CoD franchise, still has some stand out moments but it mostly feels like they made CoD and crossed it with a Fox Moulder conspiracy theory.

You might want to try the online though, I'm not the biggest fan of CoD multi, I'm used to BF which engages the brain alot more in my opinion but the perks and killstreaks are better balanced in Black Ops than in previous installments of Call of Duty. Zombies is also good for abit of mindless fun.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bluez_n_2z

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Bluez_n_2z
Accepted Solution

I play Call of Duty: Black Ops and I do like it, it's a fun game when you get into a game with good people (your team and the enemy team) but that just hardy ever happens :( 

Killzone 3 is nothing like Call of Duty: Black Ops, I think the Hardcore Call of Duty community expect every game to be related to Call of Duty somehow and when they see the slow movement on Killzone they complain that they can't do a 360 no scope or whatever they call it.

Killzone is a more fun game because there is less people trying to spin around trying to get a hit marker.

I'm guessing a lot of people traded Black Ops in because a lot of people seem to complain about it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

KingStevie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
KingStevie
Accepted Solution

Bluez_n_2z wrote:

I play Call of Duty: Black Ops and I do like it, it's a fun game when you get into a game with good people (your team and the enemy team) but that just hardy ever happens :( 

Killzone 3 is nothing like Call of Duty: Black Ops, I think the Hardcore Call of Duty community expect every game to be related to Call of Duty somehow and when they see the slow movement on Killzone they complain that they can't do a 360 no scope or whatever they call it.

Killzone is a more fun game because there is less people trying to spin around trying to get a hit marker.

I'm guessing a lot of people traded Black Ops in because a lot of people seem to complain about it.

I liked black ops for me it was maybe the best most balanced cod online but aye got boring traded it in

Thing with CoD is its an easy game to do well in and do well on your own without any thought or teamwork thats why so many like it I think

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bridgelad98

86%
05 Rank
Progress
bridgelad98
Accepted Solution
Were you expecting perks, noob guns and a stupid campaign. I am afraid you are in the wrong place. What is so annoying is that you didn't even give reasons to back up your cause. Well anyway another noob player off Killzone 3...for the better :P

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KRadiation

89%
04 Rank
Progress
KRadiation
Accepted Solution

I'm not sure why you think this is worthy of it's own thread, like why you'd think people would want to know what you do with your own life.   But while we're here.... did you at least have the sense to trade it at game and get £35 for it while it's on the 'trade to us within 10 days of release and we will give you £35'.?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

DANTE234

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
DANTE234
Accepted Solution

So I just saw, can't see who is friend or foe, if you are in single player game you have to defeat the helghast, in multiplayer especially in guerrilla warfare, your name is either red or green on top of your character and it changes for every game.  Everyone has their own opinion on the games.  I traded in cod black ops as I completed the single player mode and was fed up with it.  I liked the killzone series and no3 is great in my opinion.  For me the controls are just right, as I use altermate control system, that is the control system I'm comfortable with.  In my opinion call of duty series is getting tired and running out of ideas and needs something new to stop it going stail and also a new game engine as that engine is so old now and dedicated servers on the ps3.

Probably the only other fps I'm getting this year is resistance 3 as I'm looking forward to it. 

For a lot of people, a lot are getting battlefield 3, crysis 2, as they want a change from COD, alot of people have got killzone 3 as they like it as well and some people don't like the killzone series at all, people choose what games they want to get and they don't listen to what other people say. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wychwoods

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Wychwoods
Accepted Solution

Well, you're missing out.  KZ takes getting used to.  It always has.  The controls are not newb friendly, but once you take the time to get into the game and learn it.....it's fantastic.  Skill is required, which is why we see many a COD fan come and go. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Boomalla

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Boomalla
Accepted Solution

Original poster ( S7even_UK) only played killzone 3 to rank 1 and has a total of 20 kills, May i suggest you actually play the game for more than 30 seconds before you come on here whining like a baby. 

S7even_UK Killzone 3 profile

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MaxPower-72

88%
02 Rank
Progress
MaxPower-72
Accepted Solution

Boomalla wrote:

Original poster ( S7even_UK) only played killzone 3 to rank 1 and has a total of 20 kills, May i suggest you actually play the game for more than 30 seconds before you come on here whining like a baby. 

Lol,  well said.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAL1973

88%
02 Rank
Progress
CAL1973
Accepted Solution

What a load of utter garbage some of you folk talk, games are games and the "ism" part is a tell tale sign that it ain't realistic. I bought KZ3 and Bulletstorm yesterday, got home around 5ish n was done with KZ3's campaign by around 12ish on the hardest available difficulty (veteran I believe), not impressed. Rico is still the apitamy of everything I dislike about yanks, a gobby dipstick who's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. The nazi's are so generic, the weapons lack that oomf we all know we want, they do cheat with the graphics, tradeing colour for detail, I hate that monochromatic sepia tint, like ye get of street lamps. Just a few fails there. 

Now we'll talk "realism", you guys ever heard of recoil, it's non-existant, by the way what are the Helghast helmets made of lol, a headshot should be a headshot, oh and for all the dudes that think they know how it is in the military, soldiers do not run around with they're full kit on all the time in the middle of battle and are more than used to being able to handle the weight of a standard issue weapon, so no do not move around like they are walking through treacle....drunk. What about Sev's Evil Kanevil bodily endurance, how many falls, smacks, bashes and bumps can 1 guy take without as much as a bead of sweat, if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't, but don't pull the realism card coz it just not.

No I'm not a COD fan, I'm waiting for Brink and no it's not "realistic" or "hardcore" but it does look like loads of fun as is Bulletstorm.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bridgelad98

86%
05 Rank
Progress
bridgelad98
Accepted Solution

Boomalla wrote:

He has truly been owned :D
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

p4zinho331

80%
02 Rank
Progress
p4zinho331
Accepted Solution
I fully endorse and second the above post.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAL1973

88%
02 Rank
Progress
CAL1973
Accepted Solution

Well OP, you have my understanding, I played 2 games this morning both were full of goddamn invisible camping snipers, not for me thanks. If I wanted to constantly be meleed by a seemingly invisible enemy I could just sit n punch myself in the face, what fun!!!!!. The balancing is pathetic, I don't care if it's an exclusive, utter garbage.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

guyvernoid22

83%
04 Rank
Progress
guyvernoid22
Accepted Solution

The people that have been bring down killzone3 clearly haven't giving it enough game time through multiplayer, killzone is not a jump in and out game its been designed so that you have to work has a team in order to win objectives. Not all run off and be a one man army, although you can try this but if your matched with a good team, you find them people that are always the ones to moan about I'm being camped and this is because they are most likely playing like they would COD! A one man army.

Now don't get me wrong I love the COD series and me personally I like MW2 more but what stopped me playing it was the stupid unplayableness of it with glitches and what not, its just not balanced is it, as a lot of people I've seen on here like to bring that word up. What's balanced about someone glitching and trying to get a high kill streak so they can call in the gunner chopper every 5 seconds to camp the other team?! To me it seems the objective for COD is more of who can glitch the fastest to get the upper hand.

Anyways all in all I've enjoyed playing multiplayer so far probably even as much fun as I used to have on Killzone 2 but for operations I too wish there was more then just 3 maps.

0 Kudos

[Status of the day: Helghan conquered!] KUDOS POWER [Clan: HKI ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAL1973

88%
02 Rank
Progress
CAL1973
Accepted Solution

I've never been a COD fan, I can say what the hell I like and it is unbalanced, as is COD in many ways. Are you a Helghast Nazi? :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Parv-B

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Parv-B
Accepted Solution

I found the problem more with the actual gameplay rather than the classes. It just seems pretty slow tbh

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel