Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 144

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10 Jan 2011
By PandaDeer

PandaDeer

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress

Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

11 Replies 1,380 Views Created 10-01-2011
10 Jan 2011
By PandaDeer

Posted this in another thread but felt it might be bit of good discusion on it's own.

 

Obviousl franchises need to stay fresh in order to survive and what better way that to play through Killzone 4 (if their is such a game) as a Helghan soldier.

 

Perhaps even turn the story on it's head in 3 and show the humans to be the bad guys, then allowing for you to still be fighting for good when playing as the Helghast next time round.

 

But would you welcome such a move, and would you prefer just to play as a Helghast soldier who is still evil or have the story show them to be the victims fighting back?

 

Personally I'd like them to remain the bad guys but still get to play as them for a full game.

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

General_Unknown

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
General_Unknown
Accepted Solution
It would probably work best if done from a multi-narrative point of view, where the game's story has shifting perspectives from Helghast and ISA, with both plots supporting eachother.

I can't imagine them making a FULL game out of it though, as it would seem a bit like limbo as it plays catch-up to the ISA's story.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Lt_Fed_Brusque

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Lt_Fed_Brusque
Accepted Solution

I'm a massive Killzone fan, but I'd rather see a new IP from Guerrilla Games than Killzone 4.

 

They've set a visual benchmark with the Killzone series and gained a lot of experience with the PS3. So I'm very interested to see what new ideas of games they have up their sleeves :)

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

deltaman-3

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
deltaman-3
Accepted Solution

Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

I'm a massive Killzone fan, but I'd rather see a new IP from Guerrilla Games than Killzone 4.

 

They've set a visual benchmark with the Killzone series and gained a lot of experience with the PS3. So I'm very interested to see what new ideas of games they have up their sleeves :)

 

 

 

call of duty springs to mind (jokin).

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

DANTE234

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
04 Rank
Progress
DANTE234
Accepted Solution

number 3 hasn't come out yet, can we all play that before, if guerrilla decide if they want killzone 4, they are probably working on something else now

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

  • Offline
96%
07 Rank
Progress
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution
I want a prequel to be honest. Visari rose to power through a failed assassination attempt. I want a game based around that.

You are a Helghast on a pre-visari Helghan and you are a member of a small Helghan freedom group. All of a sudden your group gets mysterious financial backing to kill Visari. You and your squad are sent to kill Visari. But who is the mysterious person sponsoring you? :O
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

General_Unknown

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
General_Unknown
Accepted Solution
Not bad, Pin ;)

Throw a bit of time and resources to that, and you could come out with quite a compelling story :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Lt_Fed_Brusque

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Lt_Fed_Brusque
Accepted Solution

 


Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:
I want a prequel to be honest. Visari rose to power through a failed assassination attempt. I want a game based around that.

You are a Helghast on a pre-visari Helghan and you are a member of a small Helghan freedom group. All of a sudden your group gets mysterious financial backing to kill Visari. You and your squad are sent to kill Visari. But who is the mysterious person sponsoring you? :O

Alan Sugar? :O

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

owenp185

  • Offline
93%
04 Rank
Progress
owenp185
Accepted Solution

The Illuminati :P

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

- - - - - - - - - - - -
www.owenprescott.com

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

deltaman-3

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
deltaman-3
Accepted Solution

 


Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

 


Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:
I want a prequel to be honest. Visari rose to power through a failed assassination attempt. I want a game based around that.

You are a Helghast on a pre-visari Helghan and you are a member of a small Helghan freedom group. All of a sudden your group gets mysterious financial backing to kill Visari. You and your squad are sent to kill Visari. But who is the mysterious person sponsoring you? :O

Alan Sugar? :O

 


bill gates.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
33%
02 Rank
Progress
CHARLESnorris385
Accepted Solution

I dunno.  Maybe you should instead play as a former ISA who gets screwed over by ISA, sees Sgt. Rico do unspeakeable things to Helghast civilians, and when he reports Rico, ISA command tells him to f*** off.  Seeing that ISA won't do anything, he joins the Helghast.

 

 

 

:Sniper:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

whatever15863

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
whatever15863
Accepted Solution
Killzone doesn't appear black and white considering the "history" of the conflict between ISA and the Helghast. By being forced to leave lush planet Vekta the Helghast went into the Diaspora on the inhospitable planet Helghan. The way how the Helghast are portrayed and the means they employ to regain their lost territory makes them the evil guys. However the ISA in the first place acted to re-enforce the status quo as well as their actions during the conflicts don't make them exactly the good guys. This grey zone where both of these two parties act out of their political and economical interests would make it even more interesting to play Killzone(4) entirely from the Helghast perspective.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel