Games

Killzone

Killzone

Reply
Level 3
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

How are the controls bad? All you have to do is switch to alternate setup and you've got the same as COD. I don't have any trouble switching between the 2 games.
GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 68 (672 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

[ Edited ]

 


shooby337 wrote:
How are the controls bad? All you have to do is switch to alternate setup and you've got the same as COD. I don't have any trouble switching between the 2 games.

 

I don't remember the exact layout but in Killzone 2 the setup was so odd that nearly everyone posted about the alternative control setup in the options. Which as you point out is the exact same as CoD, they've carried it over to Killzone 3. It wasn't a big thing to switch it but why it was the "alternative" is abit odd from a design point of view and it shows that CoD had the better setup.

 

Mostly though people don't like how the aiming handles, there were threads and threads about this which is why when anyone says something bad about Killzone the usual answer is "go back to CoD" or something similar. I was still a big fan of KZ 2 but I could see their point. Even in Killzone 3 I have more trouble tracking a moving target than any other franchise.

 

But my point was that CoD handling of weapons has always been stellar whereas KZ got many complaints.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 68 (664 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

Fair dos. I kind of get your point. But I can't track for s**t on any FPS!!! *oh theres someone quick shoot, oh poo I'm already dead!*
GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 68 (644 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

I set the controls to more or less the same configuration as COD and haven't had a problem.Before the hardcore Killzone brigade attack me for doing this Stop Look Around And Listen , sorry that tune is just on in my head this morning,

 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 68 (615 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

Original poster ( S7even_UK) only played killzone 3 to rank 1 and has a total of 20 kills, May i suggest you actually play the game for more than 30 seconds before you come on here whining like a baby. 

 

S7even_UK Killzone 3 profile

 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 68 (544 Views)
Level 3
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

I was looking forward to the beta until I played the beta, there’s that stupid class where they appear friendly. Why put that in the game shouldn't have to keep one eye on my radar to make sure everyone is actually friendly.

 

The guns blow not enough of them, the players move like they are all actually carrying the guns making quick you unable to do anything when someone is shooting you.

 

There’s a reason COD/HALO sells many millions and Killzone doesn’t it is the controls if they got rid of the stupid controls to make it easier to play people might moan about oh you’re a noob if you can’t get to grips with the controls but I don’t want to have to get to grips. Games like Resistance, Uncharted 2, COD and Halo I can just pick up and play without the clunky feel and its fun Killzone just isn't.

 

Why the hell guerrilla games doesn't scrap the series and start a fresh I have no idea but there thinking of Killzone 4 what’s the point!

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 68 (510 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

 


Occident wrote:

 


twistedintoform wrote:

 


Parv-B wrote:

I hate how everyone is so against Call of Duty? If you took out the hackers, would it still be a bad game? I dont think so....


 

the hackers have nothing to do with the awful graphics, daft story, and negligible AI of the SP, or the stupid killstreaks, camping chopper gunners, unbalancing perks, abysmal weapons handling, etc. etc.


 

 

Awful graphics, what? Killzone certainly looks good but I don't see how CoD's can be considered poor by any standard, even CoD4 still looks pretty good, and in fact I'd say superior in many ways. Pixels aside its how you make your game look that counts, and comparing the opening chopper level with the lightning, the heavy rain, Price smoking his cigar before roping down to the deck leaves me far more immersed in the game than driving some podracer through the snow.

 

I will agree with the perks, its one the things I always find wrong with CoD multi but Killzone is no better for this. From cloaked snipers with assault rifles, to tacticians who can't capture zones and the whole tree building structure in general leaves the game unbalanced. I think the cherry on top has to be a KZ player bitching out CoD's weapon handling. The way CoD has handled from the beginning has always been amazing, from the controls, button layout, aiming, reload animation, the smooth movement from the engine they work with. Just about everything was as user friendly as possible.

 

I'm saying this and I'm not even a fan of the CoD multiplayer.

 

 

 

 twistedintoform wrote:


Parv-B wrote:

I hate how everyone is so against Call of Duty? If you took out the hackers, would it still be a bad game? I dont think so....


 

the hackers have nothing to do with the awful graphics, daft story, and negligible AI of the SP, or the stupid killstreaks, camping chopper gunners, unbalancing perks, abysmal weapons handling, etc. etc.   

 

 


Parv-B wrote:

II actually like the campaign in most CODS. COD 4 had you chasing after an angry Russian (or whatever he was) and the gameplay in the campaign was thrilling, Modern Warfare 2 had a thrilling campaign as well, such as the favela level, leaving you to run for your life from soldiers, COD 5 wasnt great, but there was still emotion as you got attatched to the characters, and Black Ops offered some sick game play.

 


 

CoD4 is by far the best of them, both in SP and MP.  MW2's campaign was totally laughable crap, and it lasted all of what..  4 hours?.   black ops is just daft..  

 

i actually liked KZ3's campaign except for there being too many on-rails sections.  don't like them in other shooters, and found some of them in KZ3 to be a bit frustrating to be honest.  devs out these sections in for "variety" but not everyone who wants vehicle sections, especially when you've zero control over the camera.   

 

the operations mode in the multiplayer is a great addition, just wish there were more than 3 maps for it though.  :smileysad:  


 

 

CoD4's was deffinitely how to do it well and while MW2 took the franchise from gritty thriller to James Bond action slock, its still better than Killzone. The camera direction and structure of a level like "The only easy day...was yesterday" is way better than everything in KZ3.

 

Starting in the sub, getting a cool look at underwater break in. Then seeing the AI help you take out both guards at the dock. Using stealth to reach the hostages. Breaching the door to rescue them. Setting a trap. Getting Compromised. Big shootout. Being blinded by smoke and switching to thermal vision. Finally seeing all the choppers take off to attack the russian prison.

 

This one level has more creativity than the whole of Killzone, the pace slowly builds as you go further onto the rig, changing the flow of gameplay as you go and looking good all at the same time. In Killzone things go like this - go forward shoot someone, go forward shoot someone, rail section shoot someone.

 

People can knock CoD all they want but there's a reason Infinity Ward became king of the hill and its why CoD eats rivals like Killzone for breakfast every morning.


 

See, the reason why all the Call of Duties are at an advantage for story lines is because there would have to be more hard work in to making a potentially terrible series breaker in to a good game. Modern Warfare 2 was kind of on the same lines of COD 4 in the sense that your after a evil guy, however the new guns, additions and maps made up for that really.

 

COD has a chance to shine, basically because it has to. Killzone has only had 3 games released in the span of quite a few years as opposed to COD, which (from cod4) has had 4 games released in mere months from each other. If a game like COD is being released each year, the story line has to be some what gripping. Killzone 3 should have a good SP as well, however theres more pressure for IW/Treyarch because of the way their games are released

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 68 (468 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

 


Parv-B wrote:

See, the reason why all the Call of Duties are at an advantage for story lines is because there would have to be more hard work in to making a potentially terrible series breaker in to a good game. Modern Warfare 2 was kind of on the same lines of COD 4 in the sense that your after a evil guy, however the new guns, additions and maps made up for that really

 

COD has a chance to shine, basically because it has to. Killzone has only had 3 games released in the span of quite a few years as opposed to COD, which (from cod4) has had 4 games released in mere months from each other. If a game like COD is being released each year, the story line has to be some what gripping. Killzone 3 should have a good SP as well, however theres more pressure for IW/Treyarch because of the way their games are released


 

I wouldn't say that CoD's stories are gripping exactly, in fact I think they've been going downhill since 4. While CoD can be just as bad as Killzone for story at least they don't make the mistake of overreaching.

 

CoD is quite simple, in the thriller genre of stories, there's a bad guy with a bad plan, go get him. As simple as it is though its how the story is told that makes it stand out. Having a tanker sink while you're inside it. Seeing through the eyes of a hostage who gets shot. Going through the ghost town of Pripyat, Losing a fight with Shepperd and getting suddenly stabbed. Storming the Richstag. Raising the Soviet flag. There are just lots of examples of the simple story being told through the spectacle of gameplay.

 

Killzone is about war. There's an obvious parrelel between Nazism and the Helghast and if you're going to tell a story this serious using cutscenes, you need a protagonist, interesting characters, a deep plot, all the things that come with when dealing with war. The irony is Killzone trying to be more serious, makes it the bigger joke.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 68 (442 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

 


Boomalla wrote:

Original poster ( S7even_UK) only played killzone 3 to rank 1 and has a total of 20 kills, May i suggest you actually play the game for more than 30 seconds before you come on here whining like a baby. 

 

S7even_UK Killzone 3 profile

 


Lol,  well said.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 68 (402 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 

Re: Just traded it back in, what a load of crap!

[ Edited ]

What a load of utter garbage some of you folk talk, games are games and the "ism" part is a tell tale sign that it ain't realistic. I bought KZ3 and Bulletstorm yesterday, got home around 5ish n was done with KZ3's campaign by around 12ish on the hardest available difficulty (veteran I believe), not impressed. Rico is still the apitamy of everything I dislike about yanks, a gobby dipstick who's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. The nazi's are so generic, the weapons lack that oomf we all know we want, they do cheat with the graphics, tradeing colour for detail, I hate that monochromatic sepia tint, like ye get of street lamps. Just a few fails there. 

Now we'll talk "realism", you guys ever heard of recoil, it's non-existant, by the way what are the Helghast helmets made of lol, a headshot should be a headshot, oh and for all the dudes that think they know how it is in the military, soldiers do not run around with they're full kit on all the time in the middle of battle and are more than used to being able to handle the weight of a standard issue weapon, so no do not move around like they are walking through treacle....drunk. What about Sev's Evil Kanevil bodily endurance, how many falls, smacks, bashes and bumps can 1 guy take without as much as a bead of sweat, if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't, but don't pull the realism card coz it just not.

No I'm not a COD fan, I'm waiting for Brink and no it's not "realistic" or "hardcore" but it does look like loads of fun as is Bulletstorm.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 68 (386 Views)