Link

Some life going back into the game hopefully :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: KZ3 to go free to play

Hardly free when it comes free with the game anyway :smileyindifferent:

Besides you still have to buy the full game to unlock most of the multiplayer so essentially its just a big demo.

Bit of a desperate move to bring more numbers online, I bet there are more players on Killzone 2 still :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (288 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: KZ3 to go free to try

Just to clarify something.

The "Killzone 3 Multiplyer" item going on sale tomorrow for £11.99/€14.99 is not "free to play".  It's "free to try". 

Basically it will come with a trial, like a lot of full games have on PlayStation Plus.

Not that you need PS Plus to play K3Ms trial though.

Here's the blog post for the European version:

killzone3 prérésa

To celebrate Killzone 3‘s first anniversary, we’re releasing a standalone version of the game’s online component on PlayStation Store tomorrow. Dubbed Killzone 3 Multiplayer, it includes the Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations game modes, as well as the original Killzone 3 maps AND all Killzone 3 DLC maps. Best of all, it’s free to try – you can play any of the maps and modes until you reach the rank of Sergeant I.

If you want to keep playing, attain higher ranks, and earn any of Killzone 3 Multiplayer’s four exclusive new trophies, you can unlock the full version for only €14.99/£11.99. Doing so will net you a 24-hour double XP bonus, 3 free unlock points, the ability to set up clans and custom games and access to the Botzone mode to help hone your combat skills.

For those who already own Killzone 3 (or decide to purchase the full version of Killzone 3 Multiplayer), we have another anniversary treat: this weekend will be Double XP Weekend! Starting on Friday, March 2 at 17:00 PM UK time, and lasting until Monday, March 5 at 10:00 AM UK time, all XP earned in online Killzone 3 matches will be doubled. The trial version of Killzone 3 Multiplayer is excluded from the Double XP Weekend, of course – we wouldn’t want you to hit that Sergeant I rank too quickly…

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

So you dont get the add ons to try if you already own KZ3 unless you download the whole thing ?.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

gingervegeta wrote:
So you dont get the add ons to try if you already own KZ3 unless you download the whole thing ?.

Its NOT an addon.

Its a stand alone product. one price for all the online content.

All PS+ game trials are the full version. just with time or level limits, Yes Full download.

You won't be able to play the trial. If you have a rank above sergent 1 so if you have played KZ3 online and passed that rank you won't be able to play the download unless you pay for it.  

( You will need a secondary account to try the trial content. If the trial is not PSN ID locked ) 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

as i understood this you can still play when you hit sergent 1but you will not rank up anymore until you pay... and if you have brought the game before you can continue from the rank you was on, as long you have the save files. the game will be free for those that already have bought it, except you will not get the 4 trophies, those you have to pay to get.
----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

O so its exactly the same as MAGs level cap then.

Nothing new here then. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

yeah is a bit strange this one. I DO understand the multiplayer going free (rank capped) but only discovered this today that it includes DLC maps.
I won Killzone 3, so would have been nice if it was patch to allow trying the maps too.

so looks like I need to download the whole demo (as said above) to try these maps.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

i got the game+ all dlc a long time ago... i thought it would be nice to have it on hd so no more need for the disc... i did go to the psn store now , there it showed the mark on the icon that i already had bought it??... when i clicked on it, i found no price to be paid, it just said free, but the download title clearly says trail???... so this is only free for people that have the game+all dlc?? or will i have to pay for it also even if i have all the dlc before and have ranked up over 'sergent 1'??? its very confusing why cant they be clear on this stuff....

anyone here that have the game+all dlc that can clarify this?? and did the rank/trophies transfer well over to the mp hard-disk version with out error or missing anything???...
----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (184 Views)
0 Kudos