10 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

11 Replies 1,268 Views Created 10-01-2011

Posted this in another thread but felt it might be bit of good discusion on it's own.

Obviousl franchises need to stay fresh in order to survive and what better way that to play through Killzone 4 (if their is such a game) as a Helghan soldier.

Perhaps even turn the story on it's head in 3 and show the humans to be the bad guys, then allowing for you to still be fighting for good when playing as the Helghast next time round.

But would you welcome such a move, and would you prefer just to play as a Helghast soldier who is still evil or have the story show them to be the victims fighting back?

Personally I'd like them to remain the bad guys but still get to play as them for a full game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Killzone 4 - Play as the Helghast?

It would probably work best if done from a multi-narrative point of view, where the game's story has shifting perspectives from Helghast and ISA, with both plots supporting eachother.

I can't imagine them making a FULL game out of it though, as it would seem a bit like limbo as it plays catch-up to the ISA's story.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'm a massive Killzone fan, but I'd rather see a new IP from Guerrilla Games than Killzone 4.

They've set a visual benchmark with the Killzone series and gained a lot of experience with the PS3. So I'm very interested to see what new ideas of games they have up their sleeves :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

I'm a massive Killzone fan, but I'd rather see a new IP from Guerrilla Games than Killzone 4.

They've set a visual benchmark with the Killzone series and gained a lot of experience with the PS3. So I'm very interested to see what new ideas of games they have up their sleeves :smileyhappy:

call of duty springs to mind (jokin).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

number 3 hasn't come out yet, can we all play that before, if guerrilla decide if they want killzone 4, they are probably working on something else now

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I want a prequel to be honest. Visari rose to power through a failed assassination attempt. I want a game based around that.

You are a Helghast on a pre-visari Helghan and you are a member of a small Helghan freedom group. All of a sudden your group gets mysterious financial backing to kill Visari. You and your squad are sent to kill Visari. But who is the mysterious person sponsoring you? :smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Not bad, Pin :smileywink:

Throw a bit of time and resources to that, and you could come out with quite a compelling story :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:
I want a prequel to be honest. Visari rose to power through a failed assassination attempt. I want a game based around that.

You are a Helghast on a pre-visari Helghan and you are a member of a small Helghan freedom group. All of a sudden your group gets mysterious financial backing to kill Visari. You and your squad are sent to kill Visari. But who is the mysterious person sponsoring you? :smileysurprised:

Alan Sugar? :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The Illuminati :smileytongue:

- - - - - - - - - - - -
www.owenprescott.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:

Alan Sugar? :smileysurprised:

bill gates.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,167 Views)
0 Kudos