16 Oct 2009
By ytevo79
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Killzone Tactical & Small Talk

[ Edited ]
378 Replies 2,599 Views edited 27-02-2011

So its been a long time coming but this is the place to talk all things Killzone and have a bit of banter among your friends. You can use it to plan new events or talk about the existing ones. Or just come in and ask for some help if your stuck. Hell we'll even send Fed to the Chippy now and then for Fish & Chips XD

So i'll start off. 

I have some bad news regarding Alize. I sent him my stats last night for the last two games and unfortunately he doesn't need them anymore. MB has reassigned him :smileysad:

To SingStar :Lol: but i dont believe him and i think its just his excuse to get away with singing along to ''i should be so lucky' 'XD

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 379 (2,599 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Killzone Tactical Talk

[ Edited ]

ytevo79 wrote:  
Hell we'll even send Fed to the Chippy now and then for Fish & Chips XD

I'm up for that!

Woo hoo a thread for going off-topic. Think I'll be living here from now on :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Also, there's nothing wrong with SingStar! I'm co-hosting a SingStar party tomorrow evening at a friend's house. I even got a £20 PSN voucher to download some Killers (if the Sing store has them... hopefully they do!).

SingStar is just too much fun. Embrace it into your life yetvo :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Lt_Fed_Brusque on 16-10-2009 01:13 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 379 (2,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:  
Hell we'll even send Fed to the Chippy now and then for Fish & Chips XD

I'm up for that!

Woo hoo a thread for going off-topic. Think I'll be living here from now on :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Also, there's nothing wrong with SingStar! I'm co-hosting a SingStar party tomorrow evening at a friend's house. I even got a £20 PSN voucher to download some Killers (if the Sing store has them... hopefully they do!).

SingStar is just too much fun. Embrace it into your life yetvo :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Lt_Fed_Brusque on 16-10-2009 01:13 PM

Sounds good Fed :smileyvery-happy: Make sure you post some video's up online. (If you have a playstation eye camera)

Anyway... Back to killzone...

What would you say is your best weapon to use on Killzone?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 379 (2,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

i seem to have a fair bit of sucess with the smg,

great close quarters but not great at longer range

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 379 (2,540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

xHeatherx wrote:
Sounds good Fed :smileyvery-happy: Make sure you post some video's up online. (If you have a playstation eye camera)

Its at my girlfriend's place and I don't have a PS Eye, so no vids I'm afriad. But that sounds like a cool feature :smileyhappy: 

As for my best weapon, it has to be the old classic M-82G ISA Assault Rifle. Simple, solid, reliable, trusty, good iron-sight, a nice reload animation, and suitable for both close quarters and long-distance. Headshots from halfway across Pyrrhus Rise? No problem! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 379 (2,538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lt_Fed_Brusque wrote:

xHeatherx wrote:

Its at my girlfriend's place and I don't have a PS Eye, so no vids I'm afriad. But that sounds like a cool feature :smileyhappy: 

As for my best weapon, it has to be the old classic M-82G ISA Assault Rifle. Simple, solid, reliable, trusty, good iron-sight, a nice reload animation, and suitable for both close quarters and long-distance. Headshots from halfway across Pyrrhus Rise? No problem! :smileyhappy:

Yes Fed, you've blew my head off a few times using it :smileyvery-happy:

My best weapon would be the shotgun. It's nice to run into people and shoot their heads off. Although it's a bit slow to use at times.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 379 (2,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

xHeatherx wrote:

Yes Fed, you've blew my head off a few times using it :smileyvery-happy:

My best weapon would be the shotgun. I never would have guessed!

It's nice to run into people and shoot their heads off. I agree, its awesome...Oh wait you mean in Killzone. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 379 (2,528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Heather we're trying to encourage off-topic talk :Lol:

M82 doesn't have iron sights Fed, its called a reflex scope :smileywink:

The Helghast StA52 has iron sights and would be my favorite weapon if it had a scope. But overall the Sniper Rifle is the best and i just love the 'POW' noise it makes from each shot and then the echo all over the level forcing everyone the eat dirt lol.

Here here's an interesting Killzone weapon fact sheet from Killzone.com.

Weapons Overview

M4 Revolver

The M4 is the successor of the trusted M3 Revolver. The gun is accurate over a short range, delivering a high level of damage. It has a slow rate of fire, a revolving chamber for 6 rounds and features the double-action trigger for improved combat effectiveness.

Attack Type

Projectile, single shot

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.8 sec

Magazine Capacity

Infinite

M82 Assault Rifle

The M82 assault rifle is the ISA standard issue fully automatic rifle. With a relatively high accuracy and a medium rate of fire, the M82 is best used over a medium range. However, skilled marksmen can deliver deadly headshots over a longer range when crouching and using the Reflex scope.

Attack Type

Projectile, fully automatic

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.1 sec

Magazine Capacity

8 x 32

StA52 Assault Rifle

The Helghast Assault Rifle is the standard Helghan automatic assault weapon, well-suited for short- and mid-range engagements. It has a high fire rate but quickly looses accuracy with sustained fire. It has an Iron Sight for greater accuracy, though it lacks the level of accuracy that ISA’s M82 delivers.

Attack Type

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.8 sec

Magazine Capacity

8 x 40

StA14 Rifle

Still in service after fifty years, the StA-14 combines the ruggedness and reliability of the assault rifle with the accuracy and range of the sniper rifle. A symbol for the enduring nature of Helghast military ingenuity, it is considered an honor to wield this classic weapon into battle.

Attack Type

Projectile, semi automatic

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.0 sec

Magazine Capacity

8 x 5

VC9 Rocket Launcher

The Helghast VC9 rocket launcher forms a central part of the Helghan combat strategy. Infantry are often accompanied by Support Troopers armed with VC9 who use the weapon to knock out enemy positions and vehicles. The weapon is point and shot without homing capabilities, but it has a relatively fast reload.

Attack Type

Explosive, single shot

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.0 sec

Magazine Capacity

1 x 3

StA11 SMG

Spray it, don’t say it! The StA11 Sub-Machine Gun is highly effective for close quarter battle. The SMG offers a fully automatic and extremely high rate of fire, making it especially effective in confined spaces and on shorter ranges.

Attack Type

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

2.6 sec

Magazine Capacity

8 x 48

LS13 Shotgun

The LS13 semi-automatic shotgun (nicknamed "Lucky Strike") fires a dense cloud of pellets with every shot. The weapon is capable of immobilizing almost any opponent, but long reload times will leave its operator vulnerable if chambered ammo is not monitored. Reloads should be performed from a position of safety out side of combat.

Attack Type

Projectiles, single shot

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

5.2 sec

Magazine Capacity

4 x 8

M224-A1 Light Machine Gun

The M224-A1 LMG chaingun is the ISA's answer to the Helghast StA-3 Stova machine gun. It has retained the power of the heavy ISA M224-A3 but has lost the missile shooting capability to increase its maneuverability. Being lighter it can be fired from a shouldered position to use its Ironsight and so gains a considerable accuracy advantage over the StA-3 Stova. The weapon is favored by ISA Strike force squads for laying down sustained suppressive fire, while other squad members flank enemy positions.

Attack Type

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

5.8 sec

Magazine Capacity

5 x 56

VC32 Sniper Rifle

A precision rifle equipped with an illuminated X2 and X5 sniper scope and an extended barrel for increased bullet speed and precision, the sniper rifle is a most accurate and deadly weapon, especially over long distances. However, despite being extremely lethal, the rifle is hampered by its slow rate of fire and limited magazine capacity and its extreme accuracy is only available when scoped.

Attack Type

Projectile, single shot

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.5 sec

Magazine Capacity

4 x 6

M327 Grenade Launcher

The M327 "Thumper” fires 40mm percussion grenades that detonate on contact with soft matter such as flesh but otherwise have a short delayed detonation. The grenade is relatively bouncy so can be ricocheted around corners and into rooms. The weapon is very effective at knocking out enemies positions at medium and long range at ground level or elevated positions

Attack Type

Single shot, explosive

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

4.6 Sec

Magazine Capacity

2 x 6

StA18 Pistol

The new and improved StA18 is the standard issue sidearm of the Helghan forces. It is accurate at close range, has a fast reload and has a relatively high rate of fire, making it excellent for fast passed close quarter combat. Its smaller caliber rounds allow more rounds per magazine, which makes the StA18 generally outlast its ISA counterpart.

Attack Type

Projectile, single shot

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

1.8 sec

Magazine Capacity

Infinite

M80 Rocket Launcher (multi-player only)

The M80 rocket launcher has a target-locking capability that when activated fires a homing rocket. The target locking only works with hard targets, such as vehicles and automated devises. The ISA use this weapon to knockout Helghan Sentry Bots and vehicles.

Attack Type

Single Shot, explosive

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

3.0 sec

Magazine Capacity

1 x 3

VC1 Flame thrower

The VC1 portable flamethrower projects an ignited stream of flammable liquid at high pressure. Consisting of low-octane gasoline and an unidentified component indigenous to Helghan, the deadly fuel cocktail has proven effective at clearing out enemy trenches and bunkers.

Attack Type

Fire

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

-

Magazine Capacity

4 x 100

VC21 Boltgun

Originally built as an industrial tool, the Boltgun, also known as “the Handyman”, was soon modified into a weapon by the early Helghan settlers. This semi automatic weapon fires a metal bolt pins its target to walls. In addition the bolt has a timed delayed explosion, if the bolt doesn’t kill the target the explosion will.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 379 (2,523 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Attack Type

Projectile/Explosive

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

2.7 sec

Magazine Capacity

2 x 10

M194 Percussion Grenade

Nicknamed "Door Knocker" for its tendency to catch enemy soldiers off-guard, the M194 is a standard-issue percussion grenade with a slow fuse as backup igniter.

Attack Type

Explosive

Damage

Accuracy

-

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

-

Magazine Capacity

1 x 4

M32 Combat Knife

A straightforward combat knife at first glance, the M32 is jokingly referred to as a 'toothpick' by ISA soldiers unaware of its effectiveness in the hands of Shadow Marshals. The blade is fashioned from a hardened, wear-resistant cobalt/chromium alloy.

Attack Type

Melee

Damage

Accuracy

-

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

-

Magazine Capacity

-

StA3 Light Machine Gun

The LMG is a light machine gun with a high fire rate and large clip capacity of 96 rounds. It is inaccurate when fired while moving or from a standing position. The weapons maximum effectiveness is revealed when crouched and fired in short sustain bursts where it is possible to achieve a reasonably long range accuracy.

Attack Type

Damage

Accuracy

Rate of Attack

Reload Time

4.5 sec

Magazine Capacity

3 x 96

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 379 (2,520 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

Heather we're trying to encourage off-topic talk :Lol:

Well the name of the thread does suggest a specific discussion of tactics, rather than the small talk we were aiming for.

You should have used one of the thread titles I suggested ytevo :Shame:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 379 (2,517 Views)
0 Kudos