Listen & Watch

31 Jan 2012
By: Wretched_Hawk Beta Tester 9224 Posts
Level 5

MEGA Friday Night Film Night!

[ Edited ]
9776 Replies 3561 Views edited 18-12-2012

vhs_cover-1.jpg

Join us every Friday for MEGA (yes mega!) Friday Night Film Night!

With Netflix recently launching and many of you just starting your one months free trial now is the perfect time for a weekly film night! And lets not forget that we also have LoveFilm and all those lovely Blu-Rays!

The Rules:

There aren't any! Just log in to Netflix/LoveFilm/put the disc in/turn on the TV on Fridays and key up the film ready for 9.30pm then jump in to this dedicated thread and talk about, mock, praise or deride the chosen film. That's it, easy, simple!

Oh! What's that, you can't make 9.30pm on a Friday? No problem, there's nothing to stop you watching the film another time and posting about it later in the week, after all they'll be seven days until the next film but that's not as much fun so be here or be square... or maybe oblong.

And don't forget folks if you want take part in any of our other events be sure to check out Comunity Events Section, whether its just fun, something competitive or prizes you want there's something there for everyone!

And don't forget to keep checking back, we'll announce each Fridays film a few days before - it will appear here in this first post and also be posted in separate posts within the thread itself so it'll be impossible to miss!

Our first weeks film was The Evil Dead, our second film was Robocop, our third film was Hard Boiled, our fourth was Equilibrium & our fifth was Terminator 2.

The sixth was the Lost Boys and after that we had Big Trouble in Little China as our seventh film and that was followed by RoboCop 2 as our eighth whilst our ninth film was Battle Royale!

Our 10th film was Friday the 13th whilst number 14 was Night of the Living Dead and number 15 was Aliens whilst 16 was I saw the Devil. Number 17 was Face Off & 18 was Mad Max 2, then we had Peter Jackson's Braindead as number 19!

Number twenty was Demolition Man! Twenty One was Plan 9 From Outer Space. & Twenty Two was Darkman by Sam Raimi & twenty three was The faculty! Twenty Four was Dawn of the Dead & Twenty Five was Pulp Fiction whilst Twenty Six was Howard the Duck!!

Film Twenty Seven was Friday the 13th Part 2! Twenty Eight was The Goonies, Twenty Nine was Hot Fuzz and number 30 was Robot Jox! Thirty one was Day of the Dead and Thirty Two was Manos: The Hands of Fate. Thirty Three was The Last Boy Scout starring Bruce Willis & directed by Tony Scott.

Film Thirty Four was Hellbound: Hellraiser 2! Film Thirty Five was Sielnt Night, Deadly Night & Thirty Six was actually a triple bill of the cult classic TV show Spaced!

Thirty Seven was the Matrix. Thirty Eight was Planet Terror & Thirty Nine was South Park (series) whilst Forty was Shaun of the Dead and Forty One was The Thing. Forty Two was V for Vendetta.

Week Forty Three featured Zoolander whilst Forty Four was Ringu.

This coming Friday we shall be watching Gremlins!

Come join us for a fun night!

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9,777 (3,561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: MEGA Friday Night Film Night!

Before i do this can i cancel my Sub before it ends without getting charged?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9,777 (3,532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Sounds good, im in.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9,777 (3,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

If anyone is interested, I still have 2 codes for a 2 months free trial with LoveFilm.
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9,777 (3,474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Awesome Idea, Great film.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9,777 (3,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I suggest A Serbian Film for next week.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9,777 (3,446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

fenian wrote:
Awesome Idea, Great film.

Agreed, my favourite part is where the woman gets raped by the tree.

Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead 1 though.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9,777 (3,439 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Netflix still hasnt popped up on my ps3 :Argh:.  I got all 3 of the evil dead films on dvd though.  Bruce Campbell= Legend

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9,777 (3,432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Looks like I picked a good one to start with then if everyone has access ins ome form. If I ever get anymore LoveFilm codes/vouchers I'll be sure to pass them on.

Oh and do sling up your suggestions for future films! And remember, crap bad films can be fun to, perfect for riffing material - see MST3K vids on youtube for more info :smileywink:

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9,777 (3,423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

shanethegooner wrote:

I suggest A Serbian Film for next week.

I think that's a great idea :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 9,777 (3,422 Views)
0 Kudos