29 Jun 2012
Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Muse - Survival

7 Replies 732 Views Created 29-06-2012

Muse have announced that their new song 'Survival' has been chosen as the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Apparently it is being played throughout the Games and as the theme for TV coverage.

I know like myself that we have quite a fair few Muse fans on this Forum (or we used to anyway) so give it a listen on iTunes or wherever and let us know what ya think of it.

It seems a bit odd to me and vocals a bit comical, perhaps it's a grower though.  The instrumentals are certainly top notch.  One thing for sure is that I think it will work rather well with the games either way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (732 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Muse - Survival

It's a good song for the Olympics, not muse's best though IMO. The lyrics are so simplistic it's ridiculous, but I like the sound as a whole.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (726 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (665 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

mattyg89 wrote:
Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66molzUEkWI

Nice!

First time I heard the entirety of the song.

Not bad actually.  It's just a bit wierd to get used to at first.  Which is kinda cool I guess.  Muse do like to keep you on ya toes as you never quite know what to expect.

I would embed video for you but as it's to do with that sporting event I best not.  Don't want the trading standards team getting on the case lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

It's had a fairly mixed reaction from Muse fans and the general public alike. After listening to it a few times it's really grown on me, I'm sure the lyrics have some ulterior motive aswell :smileywink:

LordRoss wrote:

First time I heard the entirety of the song.

It's actually a shortened version of the song, the runtime is about 100 secs longer (according to the version which Zane Lowe broadcasted)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Not a big fan of this song.

Some of Muse's stuff is pretty decent, but i'm not a big fan of them.

The first half of the song sounded like it could be alright, but then it seems to just descend into some Muse vocals written by a computer generator.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Not keen on the song tbh :smileyfrustrated: Although at some parts I have an urge to sing out "biiicycle biiicycle I want to ride my biiicycle"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The lyrics just make me cringe, it reminds me of something you'd hear written by the Jonas Brothers or something.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (533 Views)
0 Kudos