0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: What Song Are You Listening To?

Chimpy_Nuts wrote:

You just went up in my books, Hawky! 

Loving the Slipmatt

Aha! Cheers.

I use to get to hang out with some of the old skool Djs every now and then, Slipmatt and the like and some of the happy hardcore guys, not that they knew me but  knew where they would be and we'd get to be just a few of us alone with them whilst they spun a few tracks etc :smileywink:

Also I do recall when Hixxy DJ'd at a friends house party, thats pretty awesome in itself

*stops bragging* :smileytongue:

Listening to this at the mo.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8022 of 8,319 (530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Check you hangin out with the famous people! :Music:

used to be a DJ myself so met a few people along the way but not Slipmatt/Hixxy kind of people. I've seen Hixxy live a few times though. DJ Sy, Styles and all the others.

When I say HTID to most gamers, they probably think of an STD. Nice to find somebody who actually has good taste. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8023 of 8,319 (515 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Aww wasn't ought special, just random luck that we noticed when certain people where at their business place so we'd always aim to dop by at certain points.

Same thing happened with regards to a host of the 2000AD comic guys, they split off and set up Toxic and just so happened to move to my run down little area and so for about two years I knew exactly where to go if I wanted to chat to some of the most famous comic book guys on the planet, they would pop outside with a cup of tea, have a smoke with you and then throw some art at you... pretty neat but pure, pure random luck.

Are you still DJing?

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 8024 of 8,319 (509 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No, not anymore.

I'm from Wigan and even though Wigan was the capital for the type of music I played, technology killed the genre. That's what killed it in my opinion anyway. I used to travel around the country every week looking them rare vinyl nobody else had.

Then came CDJ's and all of a sudden, everybody wanted to be a DJ. Get some CDJs and then download pirated music for free. You'd here a tune on a Friday night and the day after, every "DJ" in the club had that track. With the particular genre being small anyway, no producers were making money off of it so they moved onto bigger scenes. Which then resulted in less good tracks to play. Just ended up with bedroom DJs doing cheap rip offs. Now, in Wigan, every proper club has shut down.

R.I.P Wigan Pier

I'm a Hardcore nut now but there is nothing local. Plus I'm 28 now. Still young but them weekend long sessions are too much for me these days... Life. :smileysad:

Still love the music though. Can listen to them classics and feel like I'm there again when I close my eyes. #GoodTimes

Please use plain text.
Message 8025 of 8,319 (502 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Wow this talk of the good days has me going through youtube.

11-12 years later and it still gives me shivers down my spine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zTZ-HSbOlg

It's insane the power of it. Just close my eyes and I can still smell the sweat, feel the glow sticks wrapped in my fingers and my jaw rattling at 100 MPH.

Lasers and glow sticks for life!
Please use plain text.
Message 8026 of 8,319 (500 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thats a shame but I can understand why like you said.

I use to have some CD decks way back when they first came out, was never much cop on them tbh but it was always good fun back in the day.

Listening to this now.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8027 of 8,319 (447 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8028 of 8,319 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8029 of 8,319 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'm not entirely sure but I'm thinking me watching this has more to do with past indulgences than anything else...them gyrating their pelvis' at me is hypnotic...:catembarrassed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv8URilkuqg

which invariably led me to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGoLM2EOUwM

Please use plain text.
Message 8030 of 8,319 (207 Views)