19 Jan 2010
Playstation Staff

What happened to music?

27 Replies 899 Views Created 19-01-2010

The quality of music today is so much worse than that of yesteryear i mean you only have to look at the brit awards nominees to see.

http://www.brits.co.uk/brits-2010

Too many one hit wonders in that line up, crap songs and awful albums. The only bands that deserve a vote is Muse and Dire straits for the brothers in arms album.

It's especially bad in Britain we can't seem to produce good bands/artists anymore, i firmly believe Muse are the best band to come out of the UK in the last 15 years or so. 

What happened to music and when did the talent of song and instruments get replaced by people wearing rags on their heads or baseball caps talking really fast over beat?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: What happened to music?

The Brits have always been crap, there is good music in this country you just have to look for it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

once again comes down to personal opinion... although... if you like chipmunk.. your opinion is completely void

but i can think of quite a few good british bands/pop artists in the last 15 years... :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Seasick Steve to win International Male Solo Artist!!! :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Best British Group - JLS :smileyvery-happy:
Outstanding Contribution award - Robbie Williams :smileyvery-happy:

hehe the Brit awards are a joke, apparently Muse wanted to play live at the awards but the organisers didn't want them to :smileysad:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (852 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It's not down to whoever has the most talent or who's most unique, it's down to the most popular.

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

BRITs Album of 30 Years award?

What no Craig David - Born To Do It album?

stupid Brit award!

BradleySig
ZeroPatrol
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (830 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I get what you are saying but a lot of the bands/artists there like Friendly Fires, Florence + The Machine, Muse, Bat For Lashes, Kasabian, Ellie Goulding, Marina & The Diamonds, Norah Jones, Seasick Steve and Empire Of The Sun are among my favourites at this moment in time.

Though really important categories like Album of 30 Years and British Single are a joke... I love Coldplay but to say it is among the best of the last 30 years? Come on, be realistic.

I hope La Roux or Lily Allen win the single award, as they stand out. The rest are so similar I'd rather ***** the bed.

I'd love to see the Verve win the album award just because I don't think it's expected but this is the Brits and it normally is so stupid. There are actually a lot of good music there but not exactly evenly spread out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (797 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ratchetnclank wrote:

The quality of music today is so much worse than that of yesteryear i mean you only have to look at the brit awards nominees to see.

http://www.brits.co.uk/brits-2010

Too many one hit wonders in that line up, crap songs and awful albums. The only bands that deserve a vote is Muse and Dire straits for the brothers in arms album.

It's especially bad in Britain we can't seem to produce good bands/artists anymore, i firmly believe Muse are the best band to come out of the UK in the last 15 years or so. 

What happened to music and when did the talent of song and instruments get replaced by people wearing rags on their heads or baseball caps talking really fast over beat?

its not just UK the US produce ***** artist's too lol

PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5KMEeDVHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p9XWyClIGI

Best British band of the past decade tbh.

You just have to LOOK for music. Charts and award ceremonies means jack these days.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (746 Views)
0 Kudos