Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Your view on the state of the music industry today?

i agree.. like a few songs, but nothing that amazing imo.
lot of fans on this forum though.. so dont let their opinions rule!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 43 (443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Muse are ok, but they are overated. Yeah yeah yeahs>Muse tbh

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 43 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Wholeheartedly agreed! I'm very much a fan of the (quality) electronica side of music, so you can understand my own pain. The most recent Black Eyed Peas single Boom Boom Pow is the only chart song I've liked in the last 3 or 4 years.
Message Edited by taurus82 on 15-06-2009 05:05 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 43 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I'm 38 & listen to pretty much anything except r&b, gangsta rap, country & thrash metal & any boyband & girl band crap, R&B & gangsta rap are by far worst as they just seem to all be clones of each other they destroy classic tunes by sampling them to death.

Gangsta rap who cares who wants to shoot you or you wanna kill, Die put us out of our misery.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 43 (424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

The industry model for it business is in trouble and also with changing ways we get music not helped, more and more music we can get so it harder for them to make sure we like it.

Also there is talent out there but due to the fact so much music can be found and easy to get it hard to find at times. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 43 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Irnbruguy wrote:
I dont know whats so special about muse..
Maybe i need to listen to them properly to understand...

Listening right now

I just love the variety.

I can listen to all their songs in a row and never find something the same, so many other bands just pump out the same stuff with a different name.

For Example:

Muse: Hysteria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJg8U0QMXEQ

Muse: Butterflies and Hurricanes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKSrS8vJyI

Completely different, meaning I never ever get bored of listening to them.

Killzone Liberation Signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 43 (409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I hate the way music has become. All it seems today is som black guy going "Yeeeeaaaahhhh girl, yeaaaah" Or something like that. Or some wanna-be RnB group like N Dubz. They all sound the same though.

Every now and again though, you do come across hidden Gems such as Placebo and Brand New. Their lyrics pack so much depth, especially  Brand New. I am amazed, in-fact I have been left speechless by some of their lyrics and how they place them into their songs. For anyone who doesn't believe me, listen to a song called Guernica. It is about how his granddad was dying, and he was on tour in Spain and how he wishes he could be there with him. The lyrics are amazing. 

The only rappers I can say I like are Dre and Eminem. I hate all the rubbish that comes from people like Flo-Rida, Lil Wayne and just the new wave that is here now. 

Hi-5!
 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 43 (398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Its all about chain sizes and how they think it directly reflects the size of their ***** either that or the amount of money you have grades you in the music industry
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 43 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mufan4manutd wrote:

Ok, so this is me ranting about how much i hate the music industry right now. Im 19 and think the music today is terrible Lady Gaga and Flo Rida, lil wayne. Its all c**p in my opinion. I admit that im mostly into to rock and metal. What happened to the good 'pop' music where the groups actually played instruments not like today where its just all jumping around on stage to some wierd sound that happens when u push a button on a machine.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me bein an old grumpy guy before my time lol.

I absolutley 100% completely agree with you. I too listen to rock and metal but there's so many bands/artists out there that couldn't write a decent piece of music if it slapped them in the face. Dance music for example is complete garbage, every song sounds exactly same, same goes for hip hop, R&B, basically any song that enters the charts these days apart from a phew exeptions is crap.

I could rant on about it all day but i'm not going to because I can't be bothered:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 43 (390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You can't seriously be sayin the music industry is bad going off pop music can you?

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 43 (382 Views)
0 Kudos