48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

My first completed level! MSF:The Chilean Encounter

11 Replies 910 Views Created 21-01-2011

I have finally been able to connect to the community moon again after having updated my system software and have published my first ever level at last.   It is set after the events of MGS:Peace Walker on PSP and concerns Big Boss and his fictional MSF.  It is not the longest level in the world but I hope people can see what I was trying to do and can appreciate it as a first attempt.

There have been so many times where my level would freeze and my psp would shut down on me but despite all that and the constant saving and copying of my working levels I persevered and have finally been able to publish something.     

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

planetian

76%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planetian
Accepted Solution

:O I'll chack it out ASAP but my friend is borrowing my LBP untill his is fixed (little sister problem is all I can say)

0 Kudos

Re: My first completed level! MSF:The Chilean Encounter

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

Thanks planetian.  we have had a few disagreements in the past so any feedback from yourself would be very welcome.  Even if you hate the level let me know. 

I am currently working on a part 2 which will feature more interaction (if I can get it to work!) and things to do.   

0 Kudos

/16

Merrilyiron

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Merrilyiron
Accepted Solution

My PSP is currently getting system update but i will be sure to try it out once its done

0 Kudos

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

I have recently been tinkering with my level and have published it again.  I have included more prizes and score bubbles.  Feedback has been pretty good so far.  I am still working on the 2nd part of the story.  I hope to post it over the next few weeks. 

0 Kudos

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

I have now published part2 of the MSF level. Feedback so far is pretty average 1 heart, 7 plays and 3 stars.  Not sure if this is because people don't like the level or are actually stuck on it.  It has more things in it than my first part of the level which currently has 4 hearts,10 plays and 5 stars.  It is hard to tell to be honest as feedback has been non-existant so far.  Probably people to busy playing LBP2! 

0 Kudos

/16

planetian

76%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
planetian
Accepted Solution

Got my PSP back last week, the same week I got my computer so sorry but I got abit distracted.

I'll play it the ASAP (as previously promised :/)

0 Kudos

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

I actually downloaded my levels and played through them to see if they worked (I also gave them 5 stars! Ha couldn't resist!) and was disappointed to find that some of the dialogue in my levels was cut off at points.  In MSF part 2 there is even a speech box that is blank.  I do not use bad language in levels so I do not understand why they have been tampered with.  Does anyone know what this is all about and is it possible that over time more of the dialogue in my levels will disappear all together?

0 Kudos

/16

SeekingTruth86

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SeekingTruth86
Accepted Solution

Hey Mr Obycyek! The problem you had with the speech bubbles getting cut off is some sort of bug that occasionally happens when publishing a level, I call it the truncated-text bug. :)

It's a fairly common problem, and the only fix I know of is to go back into edit mode and add a bunch of spaces at the end of the corrupted magic mouths, and republish the level.

I had the same problem with Oneiros Ch. 2 and had to republish several times before I fixed them all, and at the end of Oneiros Ch. 1 you may have noticed Grandpa Sack says "jump to finish the" when he should have said "jump to finish the level."

So it's a fairly common problem. Completely remaking the magic mouths may help but I personally haven't tried that approach.

This bug is a solid reason to playtest your level immediately after publishing it to make sure none of the magic mouths got corrupted, not to mention looking for other little bugs ;) That way you can take it down, fix it, and republish before you get too many plays.

Also, I'll check out your MSF levels and return with feedback once I get a chance! I LOVED Peace Walker and love MGS in general, should be an interesting romp. :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

Thanks Seekingtruth86.  That information is good to know.  Most of my levels are okay with the speech bubbles it is just one or two so I am not sure if I will bother unpublishing them at the moment.

Also I finally managed to reduce the size of my pictures and have uploaded them. Please forgive the poor quality.

These are from MSF:The Chilean Encounter.

MSF11 alt 1.JPG

Miller and Big Boss codec screen.

MSF2alt2.jpg

The mission begins.

MSF3alt3.jpg

Into the base.

MSF6alt6.JPG

Interrogation scene.

Also from MSF:The Chilean Encounter Part 2 are the following pics.

MSF7alt7.JPG

Enemy sleeping quarters.

MSF9alt9.JPG

Rescue the soldier.

MSF10alt10.JPG

End of the line.

And finally here is a shot from my Mother Base work in progress level.  Notice Big Boss has his bandana on in this pic unlike in the codec scene.

MSF14alt 14.JPG

Greetings from Mother Base. 

I am actually working on three more MSF levels when I find the time that is!  When I run out of ideas on one I switch to another one.  I find that it is a lot easier just to improvise and make things up as I go and this leads to new ideas and more options.  

I will also look forward to your feedback Seekingtruth86.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

Just published another MSF level.  This one is called MSF:Train Escape.  It involves running along the top of a speeding train.  It was supposed to be for the end of a mission level but I figured that maybe some people would like to just play the train sequence by itself.  It's basically just a test.  More people have played this than my other longer levels so far! Of my three levels I have a combined total of 10 hearts.  Not to shabby I think considering  I am still very much getting to grips with things like emitters and such and hope to make my levels more sophisticated in the future.       

I am still working on two other levels.  One set in East Timor and the other in Nepal. Both will feature Big Boss in them.       

0 Kudos

/16

MrObycyek

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrObycyek
Accepted Solution

Hello.  I have now published six levels if anyone is interested in playing them.

MSF:The Chilean Encounter 1&2. 

MSF:Train Escape

MSF:Train Escape Updated

MSF:Field Test

MSF:Aid Convoy

I have a few more ideas for msf type levels after which I may finally get round to creating some original levels. 

I don't mind if people dislike my levels and I welcome any feedback. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel