04 Apr 2011
By Lostdog
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Create advice needed

5 Replies 566 Views Created 04-04-2011

Hi fellow creators.

I need some advice as I am trying to create a classic 1976 Breakout level.

What I cannot work out how to do is once all the blocks have been destroyed make a new set to appear.

I can use an emitter to make the new set appear but I can't figure out how to detect when all the previous levels block have gone. I thought I could use a counter to count down when they go but then I can't have the logic half on an emitting object and half on a seperate circuit.

I have seen levels where creators have levels which keep getting harder and harder or generate different baddies?

Any help appreciated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Create advice needed

Ehrmm...... maybe use a magic keys behind where the blocks appear, run them through not gates which then trigger the emitter.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Put a tag - with the same settings - on every brick. Then a tag sensor set to an area encompassing the whole level will be able to tell you as soon as all of the tags are destroyed.

Soozibags: The People's Champion
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

What a simple idea, I never thought to use a tag for the whole playing area, brilliant.

It works really well, thank you sooo much.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

You're welcome. Always happy to help. :smileyhappy:

Incidentally, you can now pass information remotely (i.e. between two circuits) very easily by using tags. A lot of people don't realise this because it wasn't possible with magnetic keys in the original LBP, and the tutorials don't tell you, but tags now have an input connector, so you can wire them up and turn them on and off. Then a tag sensor at a remote location can read this on/off/strength information and output that into the next circuit.

Soozibags: The People's Champion
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Lostdog wrote:

What a simple idea, I never thought to use a tag for the whole playing area, brilliant.

It works really well, thank you sooo much.

Damn, in my post I meant tags. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)
0 Kudos