23 Jun 2010

Playstation Staff

LBP - Computer version

21 Replies 6,515 Views Created 23-06-2010

Computers are great!!!!

LBP is GREAT!!!

Media molecule are great!!!

put them all together and you have a computer version of little big planet AND lots of fun

--

Me, I came up with this idea about 3-4 months ago but i have never had the time to post something up here

now that i have the time it is up here and  you guys out there and the Amazing people at media molecule can decide if it is a good idea(to be honest i dont care if it dosent have the levels from the PS3 or from the PSP but i just want a game of little big planet on the computer)

--

if you like this idea post something good up here and tell us what you think is good

--

if you dont like the idea then either post something about why it is a bad idea OR just dont do anything and leave the thread alone!

--

Gamerater1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (6,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re : LBP - Computer version

A level editor on the pc AND mac would be awesome!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (6,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i bet it would he a hell of alot easier to make a level on the PC

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (6,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Play my level into the trees 1:getting started search @joejoe571 to find it or search trees!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (6,537 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: LBP - Computer version

Yes, this would be a good idea, but you have to think it through. Who owns Little Big Planet, and the rights to it? Sony & Mm. Thats why it isn't on the PC, or the Xbox. Sony own the rights to the game. And if it was on the computer, Sony would have to sell part of the the rights to the game to Apple, Linux, and Microsoft, so Mm can create a version that can install on either one of those 3 famous operating systems. Also the Xbox. This will create lots more work for Mm, and LBP1 has been on the PS3 too long, in a few months they are about to relise LBP2. They maybe could relise it on every game console, and the one I have mentioned yet, the Wii, or the DS. This create's a major problem, we would be waiting untill probably march for LBP2, if this were to happen. Now Sony that s=Sony has the rights to the game, and LBP1 has been out too long, its better to keep it on the PS3. Though a good idea would be to create their own Operating systems for computers, and sell it world wide. Make the games installable on the computer. And the computer to use would be Vaio. I think thats what Sony sell. But no OS' that I know of.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (6,488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sean-MCFC-96 wrote:

Sony own the rights to the game. And if it was on the computer, Sony would have to sell part of the the rights to the game to Apple, Linux, and Microsoft, so Mm can create a version that can install on either one of those 3 famous operating systems.

Not the case at all. and a common misconception.

The PC platform is not owned by Microsoft or Linux or Apple nor anyone otherwise we would be forced to have one and only one OS, but we don't we have a choice.. They only own the OS they make.

Yes Apple may make the Macs, but don't distribute third party software through their proprietory store like they do for the iphone ipad etc.

They would need to in the case that they put it out on the likes of the iPhone, xbox etc. as those systems ARE owned by Apple, Ms etc and have to be put through proprietory stores and the likes.

Sig made by Tommy012345

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8833/mytwitter.pnghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5933/121080i0f4ca851f9039cbe.pnghttp://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9648/lbpdotmetwitter.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (6,473 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think that's a great idea!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (6,459 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Little big Planet would just Modded making it  an awful game that loses it real purpose.

pablologo
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (6,444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Nice thoughts but it will never happen.

Since Sony promotes LBP as a unique product for the PS3, also simular to the shooter Killzone and some others.

Xbox Has some tittles  also only for their system. Both Sony and Microsoft are  proud of their products.

They are unique selling points of both systems, and will not leave their home.

It is also technical hard to connect all the networks together and make the content multi platform compatible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (6,438 Views)
0 Kudos