01 Apr 2011
By Fuji1
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Reverse Counter

6 Replies 535 Views Created 01-04-2011

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make the counter tool count backwards. I need it to start full, and count backwards. I'm basically using it for a health bar, so it would look weird if it was counting up. I know about the projectile sensor, but that doesn't work with my custom projectiles. If anyone knows how to do this that would be great. All help is appreciated. Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Reverse Counter

Yeah, if you set it to reverse output (in the counter's tweak menu), you should find that, functionally and display wise, it now counts down, emitting a signal all the way until it hits zero.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ah ok now I feel dumb. When I tried using the "invert output" option, I also set the current count to 3 out of 3. I didn't know that it automatically inverts the current count to. For some reason I assumed you ahd to manually set the bar to full. Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Don't feel dumb. Blame the shallow in-game tutorials. :smileyhappy:

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (500 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hahaha well thanks. I was also wondering if there's a way to make a trigger give an output multiple times at once. Specifically, I want to make it so when a certain type of projectile hits the target, the counter goes down twice at once. I know I can have it where the bar drops twice really quick, but I can't get it to go instantly. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Yeah, the easy way is to send two pulses in rapid succession to your counter, as you've no doubt already tried. If you want to be able to vary the amount of 'damage' each hit takes, then you'd be better off with a timer. That will allow you to drop the health bar by any percentage you like with each hit.

It would take some time to explain it, so let me point you to comphermc's 'LBPlanetorial' on Youtube which does a far better job than I ever could. :smileyhappy:

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (485 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oh I actually tried something similar to that tutorial, but I didn't realize you could adjust the power of batteries. I'll have to give this a shot. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (467 Views)
0 Kudos