02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Aussie LBP Beta is now open

239 Replies 1,497 Views Created 25-09-2008

http://au.playstation.com/competitions/lbpbeta.jhtml

Hurry, hurry, hurry... lots of yanks making AUS accounts.

Don't get left out.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

REBELYELL89

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
REBELYELL89
Accepted Solution

Dont know if they still are but G4 had 2000 to give away.

LBP close to release anyway so doesn't matter all get play it soon enough.

Re: Aussie LBP Beta is now open

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

mikezilla2

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikezilla2
Accepted Solution
i wont be buying it tho unlees  i change my mind after playing the beta .

/16

Harlequiine

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Harlequiine
Accepted Solution
Only a few more weeks now! :D

/16

r1chardj0n3s

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
r1chardj0n3s
Accepted Solution

mikezilla2 wrote:
i wont be buying it tho unlees  i change my mind after playing the beta .

Does this mean you have a beta key and are using it to evaluate the game? If this is the case then you're going about it the wrong way. The beta is a test release, not a demo. It's not to be used to evaluate the game.

I also feel saddened that there's people who aren't interested in the game getting beta keys. Means those of us who have been excited about it since the first showing in 2007 miss out.

/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution

Dont agree with you there totally Jones. It is a great opportunity to evaluate the game. Of the thousands of codes that went out i would estimate that 3/4 are people who want to give the game a go before release. A minor portion will be using it as a test release to give feedback to MM.

Can anyone with the beta confirm if there is a registered forum for beta users to post feedback and test results? If there isn't then it is effectively a demo, with the benefit of allowing Media Molecule to observe how the game runs with a volume of people.

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
/16

r1chardj0n3s

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
r1chardj0n3s
Accepted Solution

DashBob wrote:

Dont agree with you there totally Jones. It is a great opportunity to evaluate the game. Of the thousands of codes that went out i would estimate that 3/4 are people who want to give the game a go before release. A minor portion will be using it as a test release to give feedback to MM.

Can anyone with the beta confirm if there is a registered forum for beta users to post feedback and test results? If there isn't then it is effectively a demo, with the benefit of allowing Media Molecule to observe how the game runs with a volume of people.

If they're just testing their online servers (which was the stated purpose way back when the beta started, and explains the slow release of keys) then they don't need feedback. All testing information is right there on hand for them at their servers.

Having said that, the MM guys did post instructions on their blog on how to give them feedback during the beta.

Message Edited by r1chardj0n3s on 06-10-2008 06:36 PM

[ Edited ]
/16

mikezilla2

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikezilla2
Accepted Solution

i have a US IGN code -

im just not fussed on the idea of lbp but want to try it out .

/16

r1chardj0n3s

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
r1chardj0n3s
Accepted Solution

mikezilla2 wrote:

i have a US IGN code -

im just not fussed on the idea of lbp but want to try it out .

ARGH. I've been waiting for this game since the GDC demo in 2007, and here you are with a beta key and you could barely care! ARGH! Well, it's only another two weeks before I get to play it, I guess.

/16

mikezilla2

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikezilla2
Accepted Solution
mate i was very lucky to get this code  if you had been posting on IGN tho you would of got one - if the beta imprees me il buy it .

/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution

r1chardj0n3s wrote:

If they're just testing their online servers (which was the stated purpose way back when the beta started, and explains the slow release of keys) then they don't need feedback. All testing information is right there on hand for them at their servers.

Having said that, the MM guys did post instructions on their blog on how to give them feedback during the beta.

Ok. So going back to what this originally pertained to; what testing do you expect people to be doing if everything they need is gathered server side? All they need is for people to just play the game. Those trying it out before buying are helping MM exactly the same as those going into the game thinking that they are looking for serious glitches and faults. So i wasnt sure how you were differentiating between those who wanted to test and those wanting to "try before buy," thats all.

All of this is not to say that if you do find any glitches or bugs while playing you shouldnt report them. There may be a registered placed to do this but i am not aware of one or have even bothered to look.... And from the sounds of it there is always Shatter's Secret LBP Beta Club  (SSLBPBC for short) that allows you to do this...

/16

Shatter_Proof

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shatter_Proof
Accepted Solution

DashBob wrote:

Even if there was, no one would be allowed to tell you it existed. It would be like a "secret club". =D

/16

liquid_pliskin

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
liquid_pliskin
Accepted Solution

lol.. if they need feedback it will be for the next patch or release cause the game is already gold?

isn't this beta a chance to test servers and build hype? 

/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution

Shatter_Proof wrote:
Even if there was, no one would be allowed to tell you it existed. It would be like a "secret club". =D

Ahhh a secret LBP society.:smileywink:

Beta Tester
/16

Damon666

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Damon666
Accepted Solution
I just published my 2nd Level, called Heaven and Hell, it's on NZ. Hopefully people find it a bit more fun than my first one. Again I'll try and post a youtube run through when I can. If you have the Beta and give it a go, I haven't tested it with multiple players yet. Cheers.

---------------------------------------------
(Feel free to add me Damon666)
/16

Harlequiine

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Harlequiine
Accepted Solution
Looking forward to the youtube video.
It must be hard to create levels that can cater and be a challenge for multiple players; I suppose you'd need to test it online with friends.

Beta Tester
/16

djsidewayz

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
djsidewayz
Accepted Solution

Damon666 wrote:
I just published my 2nd Level, called Heaven and Hell, it's on NZ. Hopefully people find it a bit more fun than my first one. Again I'll try and post a youtube run through when I can. If you have the Beta and give it a go, I haven't tested it with multiple players yet. Cheers.

hey mate, ill give this a go as well

1st one was pretty good (i got the cube out of it, so im happy)

ill be on during the day, if u see me on msg me and we will do some multiplayer?

Beta Tester
/16

Damon666

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Damon666
Accepted Solution

hey mate, ill give this a go as well

1st one was pretty good (i got the cube out of it, so im happy)

ill be on during the day, if u see me on msg me and we will do some multiplayer?

Thanks! I'm at work most of the day but I'll see how I go. I may add a bit more to this one tonight anyway, sounds etc.

@ Harlequiine, yeah I keep forgeting that its multi player when I make something. I've heard of some levels breaking because the strength of things was set too low for more than one, but I've played heaps of levels with multiple players and haven't had any probs yet. I'm really looking forward to the co-op create function when the full game comes out, should be an interesting dynamic.

Beta Tester
/16

Damon666

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Damon666
Accepted Solution

Sorry for the double post but just gotta say the guys over at Neogaf are creating some absolutely amazing stuff.

This thread contains lists of the levels they have made etc. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336586

This below is on page 105 here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336586&page=105

/16

dJAmZz

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dJAmZz
Accepted Solution
and it hasnt even filled half the thermometer :O

Thanks Whitey, for a spectacular sig
/16

Harlequiine

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Harlequiine
Accepted Solution
There's co-op creation? Thats awesome. And I'm sure a lot of arguments will break out about the design, the ownership etc ;)

And judging by the thermometer, is there a certain amount of things you can put in your level? Has anyone reached the top yet? I hope not.

Beta Tester
/16

SAIUN

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SAIUN
Accepted Solution
It's pretty easy to fill the thermometer. Just copy and paste a bunch of times and it fills up pretty quick.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel