Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Aussie LBP Beta is now open

Looking forward to the youtube video.
It must be hard to create levels that can cater and be a challenge for multiple players; I suppose you'd need to test it online with friends.
Please use plain text.
Message 231 of 240 (930 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Damon666 wrote:
I just published my 2nd Level, called Heaven and Hell, it's on NZ. Hopefully people find it a bit more fun than my first one. Again I'll try and post a youtube run through when I can. If you have the Beta and give it a go, I haven't tested it with multiple players yet. Cheers.

hey mate, ill give this a go as well

1st one was pretty good (i got the cube out of it, so im happy)

ill be on during the day, if u see me on msg me and we will do some multiplayer?

Please use plain text.
Message 232 of 240 (917 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

r1chardj0n3s wrote:

If they're just testing their online servers (which was the stated purpose way back when the beta started, and explains the slow release of keys) then they don't need feedback. All testing information is right there on hand for them at their servers.

Having said that, the MM guys did post instructions on their blog on how to give them feedback during the beta.

Ok. So going back to what this originally pertained to; what testing do you expect people to be doing if everything they need is gathered server side? All they need is for people to just play the game. Those trying it out before buying are helping MM exactly the same as those going into the game thinking that they are looking for serious glitches and faults. So i wasnt sure how you were differentiating between those who wanted to test and those wanting to "try before buy," thats all.

All of this is not to say that if you do find any glitches or bugs while playing you shouldnt report them. There may be a registered placed to do this but i am not aware of one or have even bothered to look.... And from the sounds of it there is always Shatter's Secret LBP Beta Club  (SSLBPBC for short) that allows you to do this...

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
Please use plain text.
Message 233 of 240 (906 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

hey mate, ill give this a go as well

1st one was pretty good (i got the cube out of it, so im happy)

ill be on during the day, if u see me on msg me and we will do some multiplayer?

Thanks! I'm at work most of the day but I'll see how I go. I may add a bit more to this one tonight anyway, sounds etc.

@ Harlequiine, yeah I keep forgeting that its multi player when I make something. I've heard of some levels breaking because the strength of things was set too low for more than one, but I've played heaps of levels with multiple players and haven't had any probs yet. I'm really looking forward to the co-op create function when the full game comes out, should be an interesting dynamic.

---------------------------------------------
(Feel free to add me Damon666)
Please use plain text.
Message 234 of 240 (890 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry for the double post but just gotta say the guys over at Neogaf are creating some absolutely amazing stuff.

This thread contains lists of the levels they have made etc. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336586

This below is on page 105 here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336586&page=105

Please use plain text.
Message 235 of 240 (873 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

and it hasnt even filled half the thermometer :smileysurprised:

Thanks Whitey, for a spectacular sig
Please use plain text.
Message 236 of 240 (866 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There's co-op creation? Thats awesome. And I'm sure a lot of arguments will break out about the design, the ownership etc :smileywink:

And judging by the thermometer, is there a certain amount of things you can put in your level? Has anyone reached the top yet? I hope not.
Please use plain text.
Message 237 of 240 (849 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's pretty easy to fill the thermometer. Just copy and paste a bunch of times and it fills up pretty quick.

Please use plain text.
Message 238 of 240 (823 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I found this level cool, must've taken a while to make, GNR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBuOm11bgPI

Please use plain text.
Message 239 of 240 (807 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I found a code on the American forum woo. :smileyvery-happy:

Its at 9% downloading. 

Message Edited by Hobbawobba on 09-10-2008 09:55 PM