06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Contraption Challenge 15: Non-Wheeled Vehicle

92 Replies 3,020 Views Created 26-11-2011

Challenge 15 - Non-Wheeled Vehicle.png

We’ve had a lot of interesting vehicle challenges in the past – off-road vehicles, transporters, gap-crossers, even amphibious vehicles. But for this Contraption Challenge we want you to make a vehicle without any of that fancy stuff. We only want to see something that gets us from A to B. Simple, right?

There’s just one thing… it can’t use wheels.

Walking contraptions, tank-treaded vehicles, hovercraft or even one of those huge creepy spiders from Uncharted 3 (with Sully’s mustache for added scariness) – the more creative and original your contraption, the better!

CC15 Blueprint.png

Requirements.png

Contraption movement

• The contraption needs to travel along the ground.
  • Traditional round wheels in contact with the ground cannot be used to drive the vehicle. They can still be used elsewhere, such as inside tank treads.
  • It needs to travel over some rough terrain (i.e. anything that’s not a boring flat surface).
  • The contraption doesn’t have to be in contact with the ground, it can float above it.
  • However, no flying. Or swimming.

Contraption controls

• If necessary, provide brief instructions (in most cases, controlinator labels will be fine).
  • PlayStation Move control is allowed.
  • Don’t bother adding extra features such as weapons. We are only interested in the way this vehicle moves, not all the additional stuff you can do on the way, no matter how cool it may be.
  • No remote control; the player must be in the contraption to control it.
  • Bonus points if you can make it a bit more interactive. Don’t go overboard, but something more interesting than “press this to move forwards” would be nice.

The level

• Try and keep the level around 2-3 minutes in length.
  • Provide quick access to the contraption, there’s no need for long cutscenes!
  • We only judge the contraption, but a nicely presented level is always a plus.

How to enter.png

Pin.pngSo, create a level with your contraption, and once it’s finished give it a title with CC15 in there somewhere (e.g. “CC15 – Super Awesome Vehicle!”). Publish your level before 23:59 BST on Sunday 18th December 2011. To see what everyone else has been up to, search for CC15 (or just click here to queue up some levels)!

When all of your incredible creations are done and published, Chimpanzee and I will play the levels and pick five finalists. As always, you’ll get the chance to vote which one you liked the best and we’ll release a video counting down to reveal the winner, who will be awarded a Contraption Challenge Pin! This super-rare in-game pin is awarded to only the best of the best in recognition of your creative skillz of awesome for you to proudly display on your profile.

Good luck!

• The level must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2.
  • Make sure your levels are viewable on LBP.me (find out how to change your privacy settings here).
  • You can only publish ONE level with ONE contraption.
  • You can enter either by yourself OR in a team of up to 4 people (one person should publish the level and list the other creators in the level description with @ in front of their PSN name).
  • Levels must be published BEFORE 23:59 BST 18th December 2011 with CC15 in the title.
  • Edit your level and republish it as much as you like before the deadline, but do not republish after the deadline (at least not until the contest is over). Any levels published or republished after the deadline will be disqualified, except in in exceptional circumstances.
  • Make it your own creation, don’t copy someone else’s and claim it as yours!

Want an easy link to bookmark so you can always find the latest challenge thread? Look no further.

You can follow us on Twitter @LBPContraptions and on Google+ to keep up-to-date with all the latest news about the challenges. You can also subscribe to our mailing list. There’s also the PSN account LBPContraptions, where all CC related levels will be published (keep an eye on this when the voting begins).

Be sure to check out our YouTube channel, where we feature all finalists from every challenge in a glorious HD video recorded and edited by Chimpanzee.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

l__20-by-21__l

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
l__20-by-21__l
Accepted Solution

If you like racing mechanical inch worms and whipping them to go faster, check out my CC15 entry where you can do just that :)

Travel over rough terrain and even go upside down in this inch worm paced race to the finish.

[URL="http://lbp.me/v/8gg6tc"]CC15 Inch Worm Race[/URL]

0 Kudos

Re: Contraption Challenge 15: Non-Wheeled Vehicle

[ Edited ]
/16

Volcano_10101

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Volcano_10101
Accepted Solution

Just to make sure you guys judge my level< here is the LBP.me site.  http://lbp.me/v/88x0re  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

/16

TGG-007

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TGG-007
Accepted Solution

These are all the move levels and there is level than 5 there that are also the finalist right? Well this is what I think.

CC15 - Rabbid XV

CC15 - Rabbid XVBymatondelaclase 

I'm actually not sure if this is allowed would a rolling robbid count as a wheel? (there is a question I though I would never ask). Is great thou and looks great too my fav (bar mine).

CC15 Wind-Up Arctic Sledge 

CC15 Wind-Up Arctic SledgeBytheaj1000

I like this concept but I don't think the execution was great, I don't think it looks the best but it get the job done (and is a bit glicthy thou)

CC15 - Clayterpillar

CC15 - ClayterpillarByJedi_1993

If anything this has interactive controls and it look good.

CC15- SACKBOT DOG

CC15- SACKBOT DOGByTGG-007

Check in my this is my levels so my comment may be a bit biased.

I think the controls are interactive, it can handle rough tertian ,it moves well (the hover on unlevel ground was annoying  and so was the backflips) and it looks good.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
"My PS3 got YLOD so I need to either recover the data or replay lbp1 and 2 for 100%"

/16

Volcano_10101

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Volcano_10101
Accepted Solution

Just to make sure about the publish date, my level was last published Dec. 16, 2011. Here's the level. http://lbp.me/v/88x0re/info

0 Kudos

/16

ian111199

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ian111199
Accepted Solution
Will CC16 hit before May
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Nuclearfish

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nuclearfish
Accepted Solution

ian111199 wrote:
Will CC16 hit before May

Oh yes. Definately. :)

We do in fact have a schedule to do a challenge aprox every 2 months. Unfortunately things have got in the way of judging which is why we're a bit behind. As soon as these "things" have been attended to, we'll be back on track. :)

0 Kudos

/16

ian111199

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ian111199
Accepted Solution
:D Cool Cant Wait

I never enter them because i always have exams D:
0 Kudos

/16

Volcano_10101

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Volcano_10101
Accepted Solution

@pabster2000, No. The due date was Dec. 18, 2011. Just wait for CC16.

0 Kudos

/16

TGG-007

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TGG-007
Accepted Solution

So yous near finished judging? I heard Chimpanzee's freelance project is over.

0 Kudos

"My PS3 got YLOD so I need to either recover the data or replay lbp1 and 2 for 100%"

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel