Playstation Staff

Re: Contraption Challenge 17: Triathlete

Hi Here Is The Entry To My CC17 May Not Be The Best But I Hope You Like.Luck http://lbp.me/v/dddjqr

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 213 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just so I'm clear here, two questions:

So adding extra features such as guns, force feilds, cookie dispensers, ect, won't deduct any points on our judging tally as long as they don't get in the way of the contraption, or had too much time spent on them? I was thinking of adding some just for looks.

And would It be fine if I made a cinematic level that links to the contraption level that is totally skippable for you judges?

I'm really excited about this challenge, and I'm having a lot of fun building my entry :smileyvery-happy: Thank you guys for keeping up these contests for all this time, It's been a blast so far!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 213 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

So adding extra features such as guns, force feilds, cookie dispensers, ect, won't deduct any points on our judging tally as long as they don't get in the way of the contraption, or had too much time spent on them? I was thinking of adding some just for looks.

Yes, that's correct. Any really, you can spend as much time on them as you like as long as the contraption itself is awesome as well.

And would It be fine if I made a cinematic level that links to the contraption level that is totally skippable for you judges?

Yes, that's fine too.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 213 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

kleines_schnucki wrote:

Just a quick note,

I've seen some levels with contraptions which are copied.. No credit or anything. I noted one that I exposed. (a.k.a. reviewed) 

What do you mean by "copied"? Do you mean they were literally captured from the original level and republished? If so, we will look at the level pushlished date to establish which one was the original.

If you're just talking about people using the same idea then this is fine. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 213 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No I mean the whole contraption was captured.... They got it from the community, and then put it in the level as their own.  

For proof, I have the same bot as this one dude who published his level as CC17. He didn't edit it at all. :Argh:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 213 (276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

And one question..

How often do you guys hold these COntraption Challenges? Are they like, every month? :cathappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 213 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

If we see two that are identical we will look to see which one was published first.

CCs are normally every couple of months.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 213 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It wasn't copied from another CC creator. It was a object given in the community that he put into his level. :DevilRolleyes: 

Couple of months sounds good :smileyhappy:.. Thanks 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 213 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

You mean that someone had already made a running, jumping and swimming contraption NOT for the challenge? PM me an LBP.me link. I'll have to take a look at this one.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 213 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Sorry for all the questions, but ...
I've never actually submitted an entry In The CC Challenges , so I've never really had experience !
The contraption is going well, but trouble swimming, I am currently working Some logics for that. Trouble is the only problem there... And the level can be however the team wishes? So I've recently saw the recent winners contraption, and it's pretty complex, so should your contraption have very complex logic , or very complex gears and Movement? I am not really sure why the deadline is for EST time , When the deadline occurs , no changing the title or description ? Correct? And you say "a great level is always a plus" By that you mean that 'the contraption shall be well presented' . In this level do add anything else than what you've asked, right? And this can be Olympian theme? The level publisher will receive the 'Rare prize Crown' and will the Whole team get the pin also? Can it be mech (robot) Contraption type?

~3starr
The3starr
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 213 (261 Views)
0 Kudos