Reply
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

Hi, I've been trying to find out about this contest ever since I submitted my entry in February but never been able to find anything anywhere. I was beginning to think it was a hoax or a figment of my imagination until my friend in LBP sent me this link.

 

When he told me I had come second I was thrilled but now I've looked at the results I am just disappointed. I can't believe I put in all that hard work and came second  and yet have nothing to show for it in the way of a runners-up prize.

 

Aren't the runners up getting anything at all ? I thought we would get something.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 80 (1,400 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge


mistervista wrote:

Hi, I've been trying to find out about this contest ever since I submitted my entry in February but never been able to find anything anywhere. I was beginning to think it was a hoax or a figment of my imagination until my friend in LBP sent me this link.

 

When he told me I had come second I was thrilled but now I've looked at the results I am just disappointed. I can't believe I put in all that hard work and came second  and yet have nothing to show for it in the way of a runners-up prize.

 

Aren't the runners up getting anything at all ? I thought we would get something.


 

Why can't you just be happy with the fact your level was considered to be good enough to come a runner up?

 

At the end of the day I enjoyed the challenge of creating a specifically co-op level, As nice as would have been to win the crown, Im happy with the fact my level was even considered as a potential winner, to go asking for a reward because you became a runner-up seems very selfish in my opinion.

The author of this psn now goes by name RazerPhoenix.
generated_button_onsite.php.png
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 80 (1,394 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

I don't see it as selfish at all. I did enjoy making the level as I do all my levels and still play it myself as I think it's one of my best and good fun.

 

However this was a competition after all and to be told you are "one of the winners" but then find out you haven't actually 'won' anything just seems a bit of a slap in the face. It's exactly the same result as making a crap level and finishing bottom of the heap.

 

I'm sure you entered the contest because you wanted to win aswell. That's what contests are all about after all.

 

 It's the same in any walk of life. Take top athletes or sports people for example. Do you think every time they take part in a competition they are just doing it to make up the numbers and they are quite happy to come second. Of course they aren't.

At least if they come second or third they pick up silver and bronze medals but you know they aren't happy with that, they want Gold. That doesn't mean they are selfish, it just means they are competitive and want to do better and have something to show for their achievement. That's exactly the way it should be. If someone is taking part in anything but they don't care how they do then they shouldn't be taking part in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 80 (1,389 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge


mistervista wrote:

I don't see it as selfish at all. I did enjoy making the level as I do all my levels and still play it myself as I think it's one of my best and good fun.

 

However this was a competition after all and to be told you are "one of the winners" but then find out you haven't actually 'won' anything just seems a bit of a slap in the face. It's exactly the same result as making a crap level and finishing bottom of the heap.

 

I'm sure you entered the contest because you wanted to win aswell. That's what contests are all about after all.

 

 It's the same in any walk of life. Take top athletes or sports people for example. Do you think every time they take part in a competition they are just doing it to make up the numbers and they are quite happy to come second. Of course they aren't.

At least if they come second or third they pick up silver and bronze medals but you know they aren't happy with that, they want Gold. That doesn't mean they are selfish, it just means they are competitive and want to do better and have something to show for their achievement. That's exactly the way it should be. If someone is taking part in anything but they don't care how they do then they shouldn't be taking part in the first place.


To be fair, there's never been anything mentioned about a prize for any runners up. Only for the winner. And you weren't told you're "one of the winners", but one of the "runners up who just missed the mark".

 

I understand why you would want some sort of prize, but you can't really complain about not getting one. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 80 (1,376 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

Well I was only going on what Sam_Protagonist said in his post which was :

 

The winners have been chosen and should be contacted and announced very soon - I'll chase up the team responsible to make sure that this is happening imminently.

 

Notice he says winners, plural. That could have been a slip of the keyboard except that he says again in his next post :

 

Congratulations to all the winners

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but that definitely sounds to me like there is more than one winner or is my grasp of the English language suddenly failing me ?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 80 (1,333 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

I expect the runners up may/should recieve a Sig or something, otherwise... what's the point in even announcing who the runners up were?
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 80 (1,316 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge


BlahYourHamster wrote:
I expect the runners up may/should recieve a Sig or something, otherwise... what's the point in even announcing who the runners up were?

Recognition of excellence?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 80 (1,311 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge


c1ahobas12 wrote:
I have a little question. I have NTSC version of LittleBigPlanet and PS3 and also American PSN account but I'm currently in Poland. Can I still take part in this competition?
Thanks in advance!
Message Edited by c1ahobas12 on 09-02-2009 02:04 PM

 


c1ahobas12 wrote:
I have a little question. I have NTSC version of LittleBigPlanet and PS3 and also American PSN account but I'm currently in Poland. Can I still take part in this competition?
Thanks in advance!
Message Edited by c1ahobas12 on 09-02-2009 02:04 PM

 

Can you live in the US and perticipate? I got my hopes up to start.....

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 80 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

:Frown:I sab because I live in the US and I was really exited to get started and try to win this crown....

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 80 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

This posting is from last year had to look at the posting date after the winner and runners up where announced
Not sure if scee or scea has announced a new contest for feb. 2010 check the blogs

us: http://blog.us.playstation.com/
eu: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 80 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos