80%
02 Rank
Progress

I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

[ Edited ]
79 Replies 7,294 Views edited 10-02-2009
09 Feb 2009
By Moshii

As part of our “I ♥ PlayStation” month of events, we’d like all you LittleBigPlanet level creators out there to take up our February level design challenge.

We’d like you to create a fun, surprising and ingenious LittleBigPlanet level that requires two players to play through and complete. So any contraptions, puzzles or devices that you include in your level must involve the co-operation of two little Sackboys (or Sackgirls!) to finish.

When you upload your 2-player LittleBigPlanet level, make sure you use the following 4-letter tag at the start of your level name so we can spot it: “LBPF” (the F’s for “February”!). Please also ensure that any levels you upload agree with the LittleBigPlanet Upload Guidelines.

At the end of the month, MediaMolecule will pick out the best level and reward its creator with an adorable Sackboy figurine and the very rare, much-coveted LBP Crown!

Upload your levels by midnight on Monday 23 February 2009 to be in with a chance of winning. Good luck!

For an overview of all the other fantastic events that we’re running throughout February, take a look at the PSN Events Calendar.

Terms and Conditions:
  • The Competition is open to residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom aged 12 or over except employees of the Sony Computer Entertainment companies, their families, agents or any other person professionally connected with the Competition.

• All LittleBigPlanet levels must include “LBPF” at the start of the level name to be eligible.

• All LittleBigPlanet levels must require 2 players to complete.

• Do not include any content that you are not entitled to use, or that may be deemed to be offensive, defamatory or otherwise in breach of the PlayStation Network Terms of Use or LittleBigPlanet Upload Guidelines.

• The closing date for receipt of entries is 23:59 GMT on Monday 23 February 2009 (the “Closing Date”).

• For further Terms & Conditions, please click here.
Message Edited by Moshii on 10-02-2009 08:42 AM
0 Kudos
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sam_Protagonist

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Sam_Protagonist
Accepted Solution
The winners have been chosen and should be contacted and announced very soon - I'll chase up the team responsible to make sure that this is happening imminently.
0 Kudos

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Hi, I've been trying to find out about this contest ever since I submitted my entry in February but never been able to find anything anywhere. I was beginning to think it was a hoax or a figment of my imagination until my friend in LBP sent me this link.

When he told me I had come second I was thrilled but now I've looked at the results I am just disappointed. I can't believe I put in all that hard work and came second  and yet have nothing to show for it in the way of a runners-up prize.

Aren't the runners up getting anything at all ? I thought we would get something.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gm9218

80%
04 Rank
Progress
gm9218
Accepted Solution

mistervista wrote:

Hi, I've been trying to find out about this contest ever since I submitted my entry in February but never been able to find anything anywhere. I was beginning to think it was a hoax or a figment of my imagination until my friend in LBP sent me this link.

When he told me I had come second I was thrilled but now I've looked at the results I am just disappointed. I can't believe I put in all that hard work and came second  and yet have nothing to show for it in the way of a runners-up prize.

Aren't the runners up getting anything at all ? I thought we would get something.

Why can't you just be happy with the fact your level was considered to be good enough to come a runner up?

At the end of the day I enjoyed the challenge of creating a specifically co-op level, As nice as would have been to win the crown, Im happy with the fact my level was even considered as a potential winner, to go asking for a reward because you became a runner-up seems very selfish in my opinion.

0 Kudos

The author of this psn now goes by name RazerPhoenix.
generated_button_onsite.php.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

I don't see it as selfish at all. I did enjoy making the level as I do all my levels and still play it myself as I think it's one of my best and good fun.

However this was a competition after all and to be told you are "one of the winners" but then find out you haven't actually 'won' anything just seems a bit of a slap in the face. It's exactly the same result as making a crap level and finishing bottom of the heap.

I'm sure you entered the contest because you wanted to win aswell. That's what contests are all about after all.

It's the same in any walk of life. Take top athletes or sports people for example. Do you think every time they take part in a competition they are just doing it to make up the numbers and they are quite happy to come second. Of course they aren't.

At least if they come second or third they pick up silver and bronze medals but you know they aren't happy with that, they want Gold. That doesn't mean they are selfish, it just means they are competitive and want to do better and have something to show for their achievement. That's exactly the way it should be. If someone is taking part in anything but they don't care how they do then they shouldn't be taking part in the first place.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Nuclearfish

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Nuclearfish
Accepted Solution

mistervista wrote:

I don't see it as selfish at all. I did enjoy making the level as I do all my levels and still play it myself as I think it's one of my best and good fun.

However this was a competition after all and to be told you are "one of the winners" but then find out you haven't actually 'won' anything just seems a bit of a slap in the face. It's exactly the same result as making a crap level and finishing bottom of the heap.

I'm sure you entered the contest because you wanted to win aswell. That's what contests are all about after all.

It's the same in any walk of life. Take top athletes or sports people for example. Do you think every time they take part in a competition they are just doing it to make up the numbers and they are quite happy to come second. Of course they aren't.

At least if they come second or third they pick up silver and bronze medals but you know they aren't happy with that, they want Gold. That doesn't mean they are selfish, it just means they are competitive and want to do better and have something to show for their achievement. That's exactly the way it should be. If someone is taking part in anything but they don't care how they do then they shouldn't be taking part in the first place.

To be fair, there's never been anything mentioned about a prize for any runners up. Only for the winner. And you weren't told you're "one of the winners", but one of the "runners up who just missed the mark".

I understand why you would want some sort of prize, but you can't really complain about not getting one. :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mistervista

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mistervista
Accepted Solution

Well I was only going on what Sam_Protagonist said in his post which was :

The winners have been chosen and should be contacted and announced very soon - I'll chase up the team responsible to make sure that this is happening imminently.

Notice he says winners, plural. That could have been a slip of the keyboard except that he says again in his next post :

Congratulations to all the winners

Correct me if I'm wrong but that definitely sounds to me like there is more than one winner or is my grasp of the English language suddenly failing me ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlahYourHamster

88%
04 Rank
Progress
BlahYourHamster
Accepted Solution
I expect the runners up may/should recieve a Sig or something, otherwise... what's the point in even announcing who the runners up were?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Asbestos101

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Asbestos101
Accepted Solution

BlahYourHamster wrote:
I expect the runners up may/should recieve a Sig or something, otherwise... what's the point in even announcing who the runners up were?

Recognition of excellence?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PSDa-ni-el

76%
02 Rank
Progress
PSDa-ni-el
Accepted Solution
Finally! I really can't wait anymore :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xWinGx

43%
02 Rank
Progress
xWinGx
Accepted Solution

Indeed Finally :D:D 

I've been checking this treath way to often ! Im curious who wins! :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

Ladies, Gentlemen - Boys and Girls!

The results are finally in! *celebrates*

Without further ado, congratulations to our overall winner "The Weedlings Attack!! (2P or more)" by Discosmurf!

Nice one, you've grabbed yourself both a Sackboy figurine AND an in-game crown!

Congrats also to our runners up who just missed the mark:

LBPF: Be My Valentine (Let's have a Sweet affair) 2 Player by mistervista
LBPF Contest level entry - The collector's new hobby! by PixelledFox
LBPF_BrokenHeart_X 2 by K2vin
LBPF Afloat on the Boat (2players+ only) by Yelling
LBPF - Quid pro Quo by gm9218
LBPF - Little Big Love ! by Zetsubou-san
LBPF - Teamwork challenge by Jer_e
LBPF A Sackboarder's Dream by Andy-1983

Good work ;)

MB

Message Edited by MusterBuster on 21-05-2009 01:04 PM
0 Kudos

Re: I ♥ LittleBigPlanet – February Level Design Challenge: WInners Announced!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
kick_in_the_sack
Accepted Solution
hey MB sorry for being slightly off topic but does this mean the golf competitions results will be up soon?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlahYourHamster

88%
04 Rank
Progress
BlahYourHamster
Accepted Solution

Congratulations Discosmurf!, i'm sure your level was super-awesome!

Hoping the Golf Competition results are in next Musty!, don't be too long now!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gm9218

80%
04 Rank
Progress
gm9218
Accepted Solution

Yay I got runner up :smileyvery-happy:

Congratulations Discosmurf, well deserved. 

0 Kudos

The author of this psn now goes by name RazerPhoenix.
generated_button_onsite.php.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Yelling

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Yelling
Accepted Solution
Woo! Runners up :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sam_Protagonist

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Sam_Protagonist
Accepted Solution
Congratulations to all the winners - the Golf results are also coming up very soon...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlahYourHamster

88%
04 Rank
Progress
BlahYourHamster
Accepted Solution

Nice to hear some news sam! :)

(Pick me!, i'll be your best fwiend!) :D

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel