28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

LBP 2 Glitches

18 Replies 4,790 Views Created 21-01-2011

I got LBP 2 when it came out and it looks amazing so Media Molecule have done a good job at improving LBP 2 over the first one. HOWEVER, when I tried playing it, there was some glitches, so the gameplay wasn't so enjoyable for me.

What's funny is that there isn't the same glitches on other PS3 users. The glitches on my user include:

• Unable to animate the sackboy's head with the SIXAXIS motion control, even though I can control the waist.
  • Unable to grab objects when my sackboy is standing on top of the object.
  • Unable to swim faster underwater using the X button. Also, the sackboy seems to be very bouyant in water, and when the sackboy is underwater, and I stop moving him downwards (against the upward force of the water), he floats very quickly back up to the surface.
  • When I try to collect a prize bubble, the bubble doesn't pop so easily and instead, justs get moved around when I try to pop it.

Before I end my message, I should say that the my save data for LBP 1 corrupted and I imported my save data from LBP 1 into LBP 2. This might have something to do with the glitches, but please tell me if you have the same glitches, and tell me whether you did or did not import your save data from LBP 1.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

The first time I used the portal to transport me to the second part of the level, I kinda ended up in a dead end..

Re: LBP 2 Glitches

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

Well if you know your LBP1 data got corrupted I suggest you delete all your LBP2 saved game data before you get too far into the game.

Then start again from scratch, but clean up your LBP1 saved game data to get rid of the corrupted portions before you import it again.

It's probably costume releated or a community prize, corrupt costumes from LBP1 will have a red icon next to them in LBP2

See this thread.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Little-Big-Planet/ALERT-READ-FIRST-LBP1-to-LBP2-import-guide/...

If you don't do this you are basically [To use an example form Monty Python's Holy Grail] trying to build a castle in a swamp, and somewhere down the line something else will not work, or only partially work.

Then your back to square one again.

Not being able to move sackboys head, well I had that problem with the LBP2 beta, he would stand with his head looking up into the overhead lights.

Since I have yet to receive my copy of LBP2 [Thanks JB HiFi :Argh:] I can't see if this is caused by possible corrupt data in my LBP1 file, or if it's a glitch still hanging over from the beta.

/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
im able to move my sackboys head or body no problems but perhaps it could be your R3 button not working right to alternate between head and body. if you bring a sticker up can you flip it by pressing R3? if you can then it's not the controller either, if you can't then you may want to try and re-sync your controller or if you have a spare then test out sackboy using that one.

all your other problems i would put down to corrupt file content and it's highly likely the head issue is also to do with that.

/16

npjc4

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
npjc4
Accepted Solution

I should have said before that I can't actually play LBP 1 at all because the save data is corrupt. When I try to play LBP 1, it just freezes just before I'm about to see my sackboy enter the pod. So I can't delete stuff from LBP 1. So I guess the only thing I can do is delete the save data for LBP 2 and start from scratch.

But if any of you have any other ideas on how to play LBP 2 without the glitches, let me know. It's worth telling me.

/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
if your lbp1 save is corrupt and you can't even play it then you should delete that save off your system as well as your lbp2 save data and just start a fresh. probably worth deleting not just the game save profile data but also any game instal data too.

Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
my sackboy constantly looks up too, i cant move his head.
i had the "whole world in my pod" glitch too after 2nd game load, but i found out how to fix that

/16

Xboy001

73%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xboy001
Accepted Solution

King_Nothing6 wrote:
i had the "whole world in my pod" glitch too after 2nd game load, but i found out how to fix that

Same happened to me, in fact it was 2nd load for me too. It worked when i turned PS3 off and on, but it seems very common.

-----------------Those links in my signature are sooooooo good. Seriously, type up ALL the web adresses. ALL OF THEM.
/16

Musoka_Eimin

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Musoka_Eimin
Accepted Solution
Here is how I fixed my head problem, something in my LBP1 profile was causing problems, but I saw no red corrupt icons. I only noticed that mine wasn't tilting his head after completing a chunk of the story mode. It REALLY bugged me, especially when I learned friends heads worked fine, even with transferred LBP1 profiles. My head now works in LBP2, and here is how I fixed it (I lost any progress in LBP2 though). I noticed when starting LBP2 I got a slew of warning of having too much content on my profile, so I went back into LBP1, deleted out ALL community objects, and any stickers, and pods I could live without, kept my costumes, many stickers and pics, my moon, I made my profile small. Reset my pod and character to blank in LBP1 (keeping my saved copies to bring back out in LBP2). Deleted my LBP2 data, started it up, imported my new sleeker profile, and bam, working sackboy. If this bugs you and you don't want to wait and hope for a fix to play, do this now so you don't lose more progress.

/16

npjc4

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
npjc4
Accepted Solution

I've started a new game, and so I haven't got any of the stuff from LBP 1, except the levels I made from LBP 1 (I know I wouldn't be able to make them again, and there's still some stuff I want to publish). And there isn't any glitches so thanks guys for the advice.  But feel free to say anything else if you want.

Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
i found that sack boy looking up constantly is due to how they configured him to the controller,
if you lay your controller flat he will look forward
but no one really plays the ps3 with their controller flat, normally you hold it on an angle which seems to push sack boys head up constantly

/16

First2strike

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
First2strike
Accepted Solution
I have the same type of problem. I'm coming up with no answers. My sack guy will not move head or swim fast when pressing X . Also in the top left by the score my sack guy icon is black with an X on him. All other guests or player with a profile works fine. I have never played LBP1 and have no other content before LBP2 . Please help it's starting to drive me crazy.

/16

George340

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
George340
Accepted Solution

Have the same problems, cant move my head and I'm displayed as an outline with a question mark, my friend cant swim fast but for some reason he can stay underwater without drowning, the timer doesn't go down, and he has the same display of that outline with the question mark, best thing to do is to ignore it and wait for a patch unless it really bothers you then just delete the profile and start over again.

/16

KnightOfGood

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KnightOfGood
Accepted Solution

Ummm i have a glitch or bug that my music goes away ??

is there any way to fix that?

/16

Xboy001

73%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xboy001
Accepted Solution

This happens a lot when more players join in, it's only temporary tho, so u shouldn't be worried. No way of stopping it however.

-----------------Those links in my signature are sooooooo good. Seriously, type up ALL the web adresses. ALL OF THEM.
/16

Jarhead81198

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jarhead81198
Accepted Solution

All the objects that I saved disappeared and it wont let me save anymore objests. Help Please

Spoiler

I Like Pie
/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

Are you talking about prizes collected in levels made by somebody else that you played online?

If so, that's not a glitch.

There is a limit to what you can collect, but there is a way around this problem.

Option 1] First go through all the things you have collected from online levels and sort the stuff you REALLY want to keep from the "Meh" stuff,  heart those items, then delete the rest, this will open up space for new stuff.

Option 2] Go into create mode on a new moon, call the moon, "Online prize storage moon".

Open up the moon, open up online prizes in your popit, select the online prizes collected, select a item/s you want to keep so they appear as item you can manipulate on the moon, when all items selected, go to leave moon remembering to save first, leave moon.

Go back into moon to check all items were saved, if OK it means you can leave the moon and delete the items from you popit menu freeing up space as the same items are now stored on this moon.

BACK UP YOU LBP2 GAME SAVE DATA TO A USB STICK [you should do this religiously anyway] as if anything gets corrupted, or your PS3 YLOD and you don't have the whole thing backed up, you will still have all you LBP2 stuff when you reinstall from the USB stick

/16

livewire__2001

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
livewire__2001
Accepted Solution

npjc4 wrote:

I got LBP 2 when it came out and it looks amazing so Media Molecule have done a good job at improving LBP 2 over the first one. HOWEVER, when I tried playing it, there was some glitches, so the gameplay wasn't so enjoyable for me.

What's funny is that there isn't the same glitches on other PS3 users. The glitches on my user include:

• Unable to animate the sackboy's head with the SIXAXIS motion control, even though I can control the waist.
  • Unable to grab objects when my sackboy is standing on top of the object.
  • Unable to swim faster underwater using the X button. Also, the sackboy seems to be very bouyant in water, and when the sackboy is underwater, and I stop moving him downwards (against the upward force of the water), he floats very quickly back up to the surface.
  • When I try to collect a prize bubble, the bubble doesn't pop so easily and instead, justs get moved around when I try to pop it.

Before I end my message, I should say that the my save data for LBP 1 corrupted and I imported my save data from LBP 1 into LBP 2. This might have something to do with the glitches, but please tell me if you have the same glitches, and tell me whether you did or did not import your save data from LBP 1.

Help me plzz
Dear LBP2 users: Today April,5,2012 i got glitched by this PSN user tWiStEd_mInd_69, my sacboy acts like hes on fire all the time :smileysad: If u hav a answer to my problem, send me a msg about how to fix my sacboy.

/16

blackwiggle

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
blackwiggle
Accepted Solution

Live_wire2001.

There is a lethalize  glitch that takes two people to pull off in create mode.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the glitch, it can, if not done correctly, effect more than the intended player.

See this post about a possible fix.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/LittleBigPlanet/Lethal-Sackboy-Glitch-how-to-get-rid-of-it/td...

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel